eyelashes extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hi all

I have been dysing to try out eyelash extensions for ages now. I now have the adhesive and some eyleashes. I would like to try this out for myslef, any advice or steps.?

thank you

GET PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
honestly hun you could blind someone without training hth

HI,
as you can imagine it can be very dangerous to fiddle with tweezers and bits around your eyes and to do it on yourself is extra hard!!! I would recommend that you go to a salon and get the lashes done so you can see how its done and what it takes to apply the lashes. Apart from the good old 70s chunky lashes that you can buy as a strip at Boots which I think you can fit easily on yourself I would suggest to go to an approved therapist to get single eyelash extensions done or if you are interested in doing them on your customers maybe book in for an eyelash extension training, but again I would only go for an approved company to be on the safe side.....

Hi all

I have been dysing to try out eyelash extensions for ages now. I now have the adhesive and some eyleashes. I would like to try this out for myslef, any advice or steps.?

thank you

hi first you must give your self a skin test for the glue at least 24 hours before you apply them to do this
1.clean behind your ear
2.apply a little dab of glue
3. leave to dry
if there is any itching redness or you are aware that it is there do not go ahead with the application.

to apply individual lashes..
1. ensure your lashes are clean oil and make up free
2.tip a little glue on to some aliminum foil
3.with your tweezers pick up the lash carefully in the middle (but straight)
dib the baulb end into the glue just a little.
4.hold the baulb next to the root of your own lash (outer eye first)and pull the baulb along your own lash so a little glue goes on your lash
5.then place the lash baulb against the root of your lash and against your own lash hold in place for a few seconds till it sticks..
repeat leaving even gaps between each lash..

you must be quick as the glue dries fast
be really carefull not to get glue in your eye
always remove the lashes with eyelash remover
trim your lashes before you apply so the inner ones arn't to long

other than that practise practise it's not easy to get them perfect evenly spaced etc especially on your self !! i've been doing them for years and i still poke my eye !!

hi first you must give your self a skin test for the glue at least 24 hours before you apply them to do this
1.clean behind your ear
2.apply a little dab of glue
3. leave to dry
if there is any itching redness or you are aware that it is there do not go ahead with the application.

to apply individual lashes..
1. ensure your lashes are clean oil and make up free
2.tip a little glue on to some aliminum foil
3.with your tweezers pick up the lash carefully in the middle (but straight)
dib the baulb end into the glue just a little.
4.hold the baulb next to the root of your own lash (outer eye first)and pull the baulb along your own lash so a little glue goes on your lash
5.then place the lash baulb against the root of your lash and against your own lash hold in place for a few seconds till it sticks..
repeat leaving even gaps between each lash..

you must be quick as the glue dries fast
be really carefull not to get glue in your eye
always remove the lashes with eyelash remover
trim your lashes before you apply so the inner ones arn't to long

other than that practise practise it's not easy to get them perfect evenly spaced etc especially on your self !! i've been doing them for years and i still poke my eye !!

I know you are trying to be helpful by giving out such detailed information but we do not give this type of advise to untrained people,
this person could read your helpful advise and then have a go and blind herself or blind someone else and end up in court,
you have good intentions hun and this site is all about helping each other but when someone is not qualified in the area that they are asking about it is best to refer them to get professional training.

I know you are trying to be helpful by giving out such detailed information but we do not give this type of advise to untrained people,
this person could read your helpful advise and then have a go and blind herself or blind someone else and end up in court,
you have good intentions hun and this site is all about helping each other but when someone is not qualified in the area that they are asking about it is best to refer them to get professional training.
hi sorry peeps !! i will remember didn't want her to get in trouble with them as if you poke your eye it bloody stings !!lol x

hi sorry peeps !! i will remember didn't want her to get in trouble with them as if you poke your eye it bloody stings !!lol x
No probs hun, you will soon get used to the site and how we all do things,
there is a thread to look out for, i think it is called the geek commandments,
that will give you an idea of how we help and advise others hth

My advice is don't even attempt it till you've had the training. Even then, it took me about a year after I qualified to get really good at it. Please leave it to the professionals. I know we make it look easy :wink2: that doesn't mean it is! xxx

Latest posts

Back