Eyeshadow nightmare please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rj191

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm finding it really hard to find really pigmented eyeshadows that actually last. I am trained in Airbase make up but am reluctant to buy their shadows as i've tried so many that don't last. Can anyone recommend any that will last all day, not smudge, crease or fade that wont cost the absolute earth?
Many thanks in advance! :)

Anybody? Please help?!

What have you tried so far?
Are you using a primer? x

Urban decay original primer is AMAZING!

I've used just the salon services set which i have quickly discovered is rubbish! And other odd ones if my own have tried that don't last. Urban decay primer has really good reviews but which colour would be suitable for all? Would you do foundation (eyes too? As i use Airbase it is spray on all over) then prime the eyes again or prime eyes first then try to avoid with foundation/powder? Thanks both!

I personally use Urban decay, Anastasia & make up geek shadows. (Make up geek being my favourite & most pigmented)
I don't do airbrush but I usually use a concealer on the lid, set it with powder or a matte neutral eye shadow then go in with colour and it lasts all day/night with no problems.
I have the urban decay primers which are good and they do the job, I just have no need to use them now that I do the above method.

If you are going to invest in the UD one then I'd go for the original primer potion as it has no base colour so will pretty much be suitable for most skins. x

Thanks sooo much for your help. Another lady has recommended Geek eyeshadows too so i will take a look. I'll try your concealer method first & then invest in the UD one. Thanks again for your help :) x

Thanks sooo much for your help. Another lady has recommended Geek eyeshadows too so i will take a look. I'll try your concealer method first & then invest in the UD one. Thanks again for your help :) x

They are really pigmented and come in single pans so you can create your own palette :) really handy x

Sleek. Highly pigmented quality products.

ABH, urban decay, Guerlain and Chanel oh and Tom Ford. I do prime though with Urban decay or apply a MAC paint pot colour on the lid to hold the shadow. My brides always tell me their make up lasts all day and even into the following morning.

Thank you all! I'll defo be getting the UD primer!

Latest posts

Back