ezflow acrylic advice needed help !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisaowens

Reaction score
hi all
im on my second day of my ezfloe course and we have been told to practise all week till next class but i think ive got my procedure wrong
i prep the nail
2 coats ezbond
apply tip
slighty buff over with sand shark to take of shine
apply bonder to natural nail only
apply acrylic
then file and finish
is this right ? dont want to be practising wrong all week
ohhhhhhh and also i seem to get a gap between my smile line and ping arghhhh ! help please

i allways ezbond before tipping and again after tipping and blending then apply your coat of primer and make sure it is dry before you proceed with your l&p.
not sure what you mean about having a gap behind smile hun?
need to explain a bit more about it
p.s good luck with the rest of your course

i get a gap between my white smile line and my pink i dont think im movining it up enough so i should ezbond apply tip ezbond again then primer then acrylic ? is everything else right ?
thankyou x

yep everything else is right.
the reason i ezbond again is because there is no doubt that you would have touched the nail whilst blending the tips so you need to re- apply so no oils are left on the surface prior to application of l&p which could cause lifting.
ok if you still have a gap behind your smile
it could be you are not bringing enough product up to your smile
or you bead is too small....or your bead placement is to far down.
when i place my bead i usually place behind the smile leaving a small gap that way when i gently stroke my bead to the smile there is no gap and no hump..if you get my drift

Hi Lisa,

im with Joanne on this one, I always tell my students to apply ezbond before applying the tip as this will remove any moisture/oil etc from the nail and the tip will stick better. so basically if im using white tips I:

1. prep the nail
2. apply 1 or 2 coats ezbond
3. apply tip
4. slighty buff over with sand shark to take off shine
5. remove any dust from nails
6. apply two layers of ezbond to natural nail only
7. apply two layers (sparingly) of bonder to natural nail only (concentrating on area around cuticle) let this dry to a white chalky finish
8. apply acrylic
9. then file and finish.

If i were using natural coloured tips i would do all of the above, although naturally at step 4 you would blend the tip in with the natural nail (instead of just buffing over to take shine off as you do with french).

Im not sure what you mean by the problem with the gap between your white smile line do you mean there is a gap between the natural nail & the white tip or are you placing the white tip too far down the nails? if you can clarify this then maybe we can help, or if you find it too hard to explain it in an email just PM me your number and maybe we can talk through it and make more sense of it for you!

I hope this helps, if you've anymore questions just post them here !

use ur pro pusher then remove the shine form the nail nail surface gently with your grey fow pro file
ezbond x2, appy tip, blend tip, ezbond the nail again and apply primer x 2 only to nat nail not tip, let each coat dry to a chalky white then apply your product
finish the nail using the guildlines given to you and buff to a high shine then apply UV30

how many applications of pink are you doing?

Jess
xox

sorry, step 7 should have said:

7. apply two layers (sparingly) of PRIMER to natural nail only (concentrating on area around cuticle) let this dry to a white chalky finish :irked:

Loufd said:
Hi Lisa,

im with Joanne on this one, I always tell my students to apply ezbond before applying the tip as this will remove any moisture/oil etc from the nail and the tip will stick better. so basically if im using white tips I:

1. prep the nail
2. apply 1 or 2 coats ezbond
3. apply tip
4. slighty buff over with sand shark to take off shine
5. remove any dust from nails
6. apply two layers of ezbond to natural nail only
7. apply two layers (sparingly) of bonder to natural nail only (concentrating on area around cuticle) let this dry to a white chalky finish
8. apply acrylic
9. then file and finish.

If i were using natural coloured tips i would do all of the above, although naturally at step 4 you would blend the tip in with the natural nail (instead of just buffing over to take shine off as you do with french).

Im not sure what you mean by the problem with the gap between your white smile line do you mean there is a gap between the natural nail & the white tip or are you placing the white tip too far down the nails? if you can clarify this then maybe we can help, or if you find it too hard to explain it in an email just PM me your number and maybe we can talk through it and make more sense of it for you!

I hope this helps, if you've anymore questions just post them here !

i think i just type too slowly....lol

I prep the natural nail
1 coat EZBond
Tip and blend
1 coat of EZ Bond
1 coat primer (very sparing) allow to dry to chalky white
2nd coat of primer again allow to dry to chalky white before applying product.

Maybe you're not using a large enough bead of pink to butt it up to your smile line.....are you applying product in 2 beads, cuticle to smile and then apex bead?

lol how many answers in how many seconds!!

Cathie! said:
lol how many answers in how many seconds!!

lol... i just type too slowly Cathie ;)

j xox

Sparklepink said:
i think i just type too slowly....lol

Don't worry, I used to work as a secretary, speedy typing was the difference between leaving the office at 5 and 5.30!!!

how many ezflow chicki's can answer a post in 0.5 seconds.......3...lol

thankyou thankyou for all your help and answers ! mwah
my poor other half will have to sit there again tonight for more nails x

Hiya all,

Okay i'm really new to this so please excuse me. I am having trouble keeping my clients nails on. I am having them come back within days saying there nails lifted and fell off. What is Ezbond i have read a few things about it. Can i buy it ? What do you think what am i doing so wrong. I am using Dream Acrylic Primer etc.......is this a okay brand to use. What else is available that will work better. Many Thanks

Hiya all,

Okay i'm really new to this so please excuse me. I am having trouble keeping my clients nails on. I am having them come back within days saying there nails lifted and fell off. What is Ezbond i have read a few things about it. Can i buy it ? What do you think what am i doing so wrong. I am using Dream Acrylic Primer etc.......is this a okay brand to use. What else is available that will work better. Many Thanks

ezbond is a nail dehydrator for use with the ezflow system.
if you are using dream acrylic products then i'd recomend you stay with the same brand of primer etc.

most lifting is down to insufficient nail preparation, so this is the area to look at first.
there are several other things that cause it, but 9 times out of 10 its the prep.

tell us about your routine.

I think The step is done step But
i don't like Gluetips cause clear tips it not clear Whan i apply glue and hold tips. its will hav littlt glue burn under the tips... But i use some oil can remove white effect under the tips But 30 min.pass customer come back to shop and show White effect again:lol: ...

Hi all , while you were talking about it can you tell me something...

i get ezbond's job as the name suggests but as a cnd user we have scrubfresh which dehydrates and cleanses and then there are the pathogen fighters....does exbond have this cleansing action? can you explain what it does in realation to this? i am having trouble getting my head around this brush on product actually cleaning the nail, as i am used to 'scrubbing' the nail with scrubfresh...if you see what i mean...!

Thanks
Beck

Hi all , while you were talking about it can you tell me something...

i get ezbond's job as the name suggests but as a cnd user we have scrubfresh which dehydrates and cleanses and then there are the pathogen fighters....does exbond have this cleansing action? can you explain what it does in realation to this? i am having trouble getting my head around this brush on product actually cleaning the nail, as i am used to 'scrubbing' the nail with scrubfresh...if you see what i mean...!

Thanks
Beck

its a dehydrator, but it is then followed with a primer and that has an antibacterial action.

if you are using retention which is a primerless liquid, you are getting the dehydration and antibacterial from scrubfress.

Latest posts

Back