EZflow advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
Today it was time to do my nails a job i hate doing ! What a nightmare I had, I never get lifting now, but today, minutes after I did them, I had lifting around the cutical, only a little feathery bit but I know it would spread ! the only thing I could put it down to would be that I used Bio sanatizer to scrub clean the nail before the prime and ezbond ? I cant remember if i used this sanatizer the last time, would it have any conditioners or anything in it that may affect ezflow ???

Has anyone had probs like this and which sanatizer do you all use ?

Hi hun sorry your having probs.... Im not ezflow trained dont they do a sanatiser or cleanser to use? Was it saok off ezflow gel u used?

when using ezflow products i use mundo hand sanitiser gel (the pink one) at the very begining of my service...massaged into the hands....i then prep the nails finishing with 2 coats of ezbond then 2 coats of primer...which is what i was taught in the classes i have attended.
do you finish with ezbond or the primer????

I use HD. I sanatize with my normal gel hand cleanser, prep, scrub with bio sanatizer, then 2 coats ezbond then I use one coat of primer. Its prob habit with the sanatizer but I cant seee that a couple of coats of ezbond is enough to make sure all the pathogens are gone !? I have a greenie fear :eek::lol:!

Hi i also use mundo to sanatize the hands before the treatment starts then prep, 2 x ezbond 2 x primer, im not sure if there is anything in your sanatizer that would affect the product but i would try without to see if it helps x

so you dont scrub with anything to make sure the nails are squeeky clean, just use a mundo hand cleanser and the ezbond ? does the ezbond contain a pathogen fighting agent to keep the greenies away ?

I did a conversion with ezflow and did notice nothing like a scrubfresh or something like calguard used just the ezbond I shoulda asked really !:rolleyes:

EZ Flow does have 'Cleanse-It' used with their Gels. I don't know if it's the same as what you mention above, but it's what I use.

Prep
Cleanse-it
EZ Bond x 2
Primer x 2 (let it dry to chalky white before application of 2nd coat, then let it dry again before applying product).

You might not have pressed hard enough along the eponychium to make it flush, or maybe it was the wet/dry ratio? Could have been any of those things. My teacher also said that you can press too hard, too?

I still occasionally get that when doing my 'own' nails because I'm still not accustomed to working with a big brush (compared to a gel brush). I remove the lift straight away when it happens, and fill-in with more L&P.

hth's

so you dont scrub with anything to make sure the nails are squeeky clean, just use a mundo hand cleanser and the ezbond ? does the ezbond contain a pathogen fighting agent to keep the greenies away ?

I did a conversion with ezflow and did notice nothing like a scrubfresh or something like calguard used just the ezbond I shoulda asked really !:rolleyes:

yes you use your ezbond like you would use your scrub fresh...nothing else is needed although i cant see it being an issue if you did use your bio scrub product or the clense it especially if you are used to using it....another alternative would be the mundo nail plate clenser that i am sure they do. Although i will say i personally try to stick to the products manufactured for the particualr system that i use
On my gel course though we wasnt told to use the clense it on the nail as part of prep it was just used to take away the sticky layer of gel left after curing.....again though with it being an acetone based product i cant see that it would cause any problems

Hello I use ezflow HD and I use regular dial hand soap then I use an 91% alcohol to remove any soap residue from the nail plate then I remove shine with a efile (this works best for me)
I then place forms or tips and if I am using tips I blend the seams.
I apply to zone 2 first then zone 1 then zone 3. I do this because when I apply to zone 2 first I have a more natural looking nail and then I apply to zone 1 to give extra stability to the free edge then zone 3 to make sure I don't apply any product to then skin. I works for me!
I appy the ezbond twice and prime twice and I have almost no lifting at all everyone is different but when I do it this way I get awsome results hopes this helps

Not saying that what I do is the right way but this way works for me!

Happy hoildays
Posted via Mobile Device

There is absolutely no need to use anything else on the nail plate other than, EzBond and Primer, i dont know the cleasing product you are using before EzBond, but i have had no need for anything other than the recommended 2 x ezbond and 2 x primer, ever.
EzBond cleanses and dehydrates very effectivey without any need for scrubbing the nail plate with anything on a lint free pad...you must trust the system, it has been tried and tested for years by techs, so why waste money and time on extra products you dont need, that may also be leaving a residue that is then 'causing' you problems..
Try going back to basics and see how you get on.

FYI, EzFlow Cleanse it! is for removing the sticky uncured layer of gel after your gel nails come out of the UV lamp, its not meant for use on natural nails.

HTH

Becks
x

FYI, EzFlow Cleanse it! is for removing the sticky uncured layer of gel after your gel nails come out of the UV lamp, its not meant for use on natural nails.

HTH

Becks
x

They used it in my course. It also appears to contain the same ingredients as other nail plate cleansers (acetone & alcohol).
And in my gel-it course, it was used to clean the nailplate PRIOR to application of the gel.....
So why wouldn't it be meant for use on natural nails?

That's a new one on me!
Interesting....
Posted via Mobile Device

I must have sanatize tattoed on my brian ! I will try and just hand cleanse then just ezbond !

I must have sanatize tattoed on my brian ! I will try and just hand cleanse then just ezbond !

Hi Lilly,

Feel free to give me a shout and I will go through it all with you and find out where you might be going wrong..it may not even have anything to do with the prep products but I'm sure I can solve this for you!

I am happy to help!!

07956121616 CALL ME!!

(I am usuallly teaching between 10am and 4pm so if you don't catch me leave me a message and I will call you back, otherwise before 10am or after 4pm)

I am sorry, but why can't you post your answer? Victoria is Ezflow but is too far away to call.

Please share your answers. :)

Of course I can post an answer! I am not trying to keep secrets believe me!! And my ultimate aim is to help everyone with similar issues which I can post afterwards, but it may be a bit long winded..... I need to ask some questions first:
Lilly, I need to know if it was Acrylic or gel?
If acrylic, was it HD or A Poly?
If gel, was it Gel It or Alternatives?

Once I have these answers, I can go onto the next question. However, if you call me I can then post the entire question and answer session for all to see.

I am sure we'll get it sorted for you.

Xx

Of course I can post an answer! I am not trying to keep secrets believe me!! And my ultimate aim is to help everyone with similar issues which I can post afterwards, but it may be a bit long winded..... I need to ask some questions first:
Lilly, I need to know if it was Acrylic or gel?
If acrylic, was it HD or A Poly?
If gel, was it Gel It or Alternatives?

Once I have these answers, I can go onto the next question. However, if you call me I can then post the entire question and answer session for all to see.

I am sure we'll get it sorted for you.

Xx

Thanks Georgie, I will call cos I cant remember what monomer you can mix with which polymer ! I did redo my nails and without problems, I know it sounds a bit creepy crawley but I really am lloving loving ezflow !

when using ezflow products i use mundo hand sanitiser gel (the pink one) at the very begining of my service...massaged into the hands....i then prep the nails finishing with 2 coats of ezbond then 2 coats of primer...which is what i was taught in the classes i have attended.
do you finish with ezbond or the primer????

I was taught 2 coats of ezbond and only 1 coat of primer very sparingly as its 96% acid..Where did you do your training hun?x

When i did my training we were taught to sanitize, prep, apply the tip, blend, dust the nails, apply 2 coats of Ezbond and 1 coat of Primer then apply your product and this works fine for me.

When i was first trained in the product after being NSI trained originally i did wonder if the ezbond would do it's job well without using anything else to clean the nail plate with...and it does a great job!

Latest posts

Back