EzFlow mix ratio?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
I have been having a few problems with lifting since I did my L&P conversion last month.
I cannot for the life of me remember the mix ratio I was told, I have not been given any written info only on application & finishing.

I think I'm working too wet. I'm so used to my Creative mix, that I think I'm over compensating as I remember being told it's a wetter mix, but cannot remember the actual numbers?? Using Q Monomer & A Polymer powders

I have left a message on Monday for my educator to come back to me, but it's bugging me.

I hardly ever get lifting with Creative products and it's making me feel like i'm cr*p at nails at the moment.
My brush is playing me up too to make matters worse (CND Pro-styler) It keeps splitting in two when i'm swiping my smiles:irked:.
I have found my EzFlow brush a little on the large side at the moment!

Please someone, help me out just now so I can get some sleep tonight:cry:

Hi,

If it it is the Q monomer and A polymer you are using...then the mix is 2 parts liquid to 1 part powder. Just a bit wetter than the CND mix ratio you were used to. HTH

I have been having a few problems with lifting since I did my L&P conversion last month.
I cannot for the life of me remember the mix ratio I was told, I have not been given any written info only on application & finishing.

I think I'm working too wet. I'm so used to my Creative mix, that I think I'm over compensating as I remember being told it's a wetter mix, but cannot remember the actual numbers?? Using Q Monomer & A Polymer powders

I have left a message on Monday for my educator to come back to me, but it's bugging me.

I hardly ever get lifting with Creative products and it's making me feel like i'm cr*p at nails at the moment.
My brush is playing me up too to make matters worse (CND Pro-styler) It keeps splitting in two when i'm swiping my smiles:irked:.
I have found my EzFlow brush a little on the large side at the moment!

Please someone, help me out just now so I can get some sleep tonight:cry:
Hiya, it's 2:1 liquid to powder.

Changing a brand will always fill you with complications and doubts until you get into the groove of the new product.

The 508 is kind of inbetween the pro styler and the ultra sculptor, it isn't massive but it is very versatile.

What are your beads looking like when you pick them up?

Hiya, it's 2:1 liquid to powder.

Changing a brand will always fill you with complications and doubts until you get into the groove of the new product.

The 508 is kind of inbetween the pro styler and the ultra sculptor, it isn't massive but it is very versatile.

What are your beads looking like when you pick them up?[/quote]

Thanks Izzi xx

Hi Cathie,
My beads look either very shiney & flat & then melt on the nail:irked:, I'm finding it difficult to always get the right amount onto my brush i guess. or if I try to work a bit drier, I end up with powder still not moist and have a cloudy patch on the nail (that's only happened twice - 2 nails!)

The 508 is great for smiles, I'm just finding I touch the skin in zones 2 & 3 - hence using my pro-styler still!

Without seeing it I think possibly you are over compensating and working too wet, even though the difference in ratio sounds mega, it is quite subtle....

you will still have control of your bead working at the 2:1 ratio and it shouldn't be pooling into your side walls (too wet), the brush is very versatile and can be used flat or as an oval in a point, you control what you do with it....as I said it's a bit tricky getting into the groove of a different product line (I know)....don't give up, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Thanks Cathie, I guess I just need to practise my mix a bit more.
It's really frustrating, like being a newbie all over again:lol:

Thanks Cathie, I guess I just need to practise my mix a bit more.
It's really frustrating, like being a newbie all over again:lol:
I know what you mean, totally!

I done that too at the start Bev, worked too wet, but way too wet, hang on in there and you'll get it :hug:

Is there a simple rule - you know like 1-2-3, going, going gone!????

That's what I'm used to!

I hope this doesn't sound flippant Bev....but I still use going going gone...but I just say it faster!!
When using Ret+ it is a definite, go-ing, go-ing. gone...as if counting seconds.
Now it is just going, going , gone said in real time.

May sound simplistic....but it has worked for me I have had no problems with the mix so far, and although it is slightly wetter than I was used to, the control is great.

This might be bad practice Bev (close your ears isabel) but since swapping from Ret+ to Ezflow (High Def), i initially was working too wet. The way I now do it (which works for me!) is that I am far more likely to 'work my brush' using Ezflow than I did with Ret+.
What I mean is that I pick up a bead in exactly the same way as I did with Ret+ if anything I pick up slightly drier, however after I have placed my bead and given it a second I use the monomer that is held in my brush to make the mix wetter as I am manouvering it into place. I give a little injection of monomer to the bead when its on the nail. I'm sure this is a personal thing but I actually find this gives me alot more control of the product and the ratio than trying to pick up a wetter bead.

Sorry if I am passing on bad habits but this is what worked for me after swapping products. x:lol:

This might be bad practice Bev (close your ears isabel) but since swapping from Ret+ to Ezflow (High Def), i initially was working too wet. The way I now do it (which works for me!) is that I am far more likely to 'work my brush' using Ezflow than I did with Ret+.
What I mean is that I pick up a bead in exactly the same way as I did with Ret+ if anything I pick up slightly drier, however after I have placed my bead and given it a second I use the monomer that is held in my brush to make the mix wetter as I am manouvering it into place. I give a little injection of monomer to the bead when its on the nail. I'm sure this is a personal thing but I actually find this gives me alot more control of the product and the ratio than trying to pick up a wetter bead.

Sorry if I am passing on bad habits but this is what worked for me after swapping products. x:lol:

That is working with HD and sounds about right for how that works, I will let the experts confirm that though!!
Q monomer is different, and has a 2:1 mix ratio and is a wetter mix than HD.

Thanks Jax, I appreciate your help on this, I don't use the high Def, I'm using Q monomer & A polymer.

I have a client in later who has some 'major' (her words) lifting on 2 nails, so when I do the infil, I'm going to try and work a tad drier than I have & see if that's any better.
I always seem to work a little wetter than i should with CND, so I try a similar way and see how the bead works.
I've noticed it seems to set quicker than ret+ IMO when I'm trying to be a little drier with it.

(Just to point out though, I am still using CND products and will continue to do so, so now my clients do have more choice).

with ezflow when you pick up your bead dont stroke the brush through the powder you pick up in more of a pat pat way if you catch my drift.:hug:

with ezflow when you pick up your bead dont stroke the brush through the powder you pick up in more of a pat pat way if you catch my drift.:hug:

Thanks for that Joanne :hug:

I did notice that and have tried to do the same.

Just finished my client with the lifting. Her nail plates are really oily, no sooner have I got them to the chalky stage, then they start to shine from the cuticle downwards. So with this in mind I trebled my ezbond and worked one hand at a time.
This lady has the strangest nails I have come accross....may start a new thread on this tho save going off topic.

I trebled my ezbond and worked one hand at a time.
This lady has the strangest nails I have come accross....may start a new thread on this tho save going off topic.
You did prime as well?

HD liquid and powder is used at a 1:1 ratio, it's quite a different kind of l/p to work with. And you're using it just right! :hug:

I know this is what we used to do when being a newbie, but try getting a sheet of plastic, like an A4 paper holder, then practise picking up beads and see how they look. If they have a ring around them of fluid and then they flatten real quick, they are too wet. If you place the bead on the plastic and it stays there, plus there are a few particles of powder not absorbed, too dry.

When you pick up a bead and place it down, it should be glossy, starting to self level, but not have any excess liquid surrounding it. It is the sort of thing that you just seem to get right, it clicks all of a sudden. I know it is frustrating while trying to get to this stage, but you will benefit in the end and so will your clients. Great choice to use EZ Flow or Creative.

You did prime as well?

Yes Cathie, I certainly did! I have the primer bottle on top of my monomer lidded dappen dish at the moment, incase I forget!!!

Thanks for that advice Taltented, I will have ago at that, I did it on my foundation so I know what you mean.....does it still need to 'dome' like cnd?

Latest posts

Back