ezflow on ebay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Lou

Scatty Blonde Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I just saw on ebay someone selling ezflow products, and he/she has blaintently said that they can get hold of any ez flow product and if interested to email them.

Are people allowed to do this? I know professional nail techs sometimes get stuff off ebay, but I presume this is aimed at the non trained individuals.

I was selling some nail laquer on ebay, and someone asked me a question if I could get hold of a creative retention+ starter kit as they wanted to try it out. Couldn't believe this, (Im not even creative trained). And neither was she, trained at all in fact.

No, people are not supposed to be selling professional only products on ebay, but there are a few states in the U.S. that still don't have any regulations for nail technicians, so some unscrupulous people that ARE licensed buy the products at cost and then sell them for a profit to any one willing to buy them. It's a horrible problem in the states, that many companies are trying to stop, but as yet no one has completely come up with a solution. The states that don't have as big of a problem are the states who are more highly regulated by their state boards. Unfortunately, all the laws in each state are different, and selling product to an unlicensed person in Idaho would result in the loss of my license, a $1000 fine and upto 6 months in jail, but if I went to Utah 150 miles away, I could sell them any nail product I wanted, spend 150 hours teaching them to use it and they would be licensed. (Utah is working on updating their laws) So, unfortunately, until all the states have the same regulations, this problem will still be around.

When I put a thread up the other day about buying EzFlow someone said I had to send proof of my certificate to the company. I've sent them an email but not heard anything yet. However, talking to my hairdresser yesterday who had bought nail techs gear for getting someone in to do nails, she told me she had to sell all her EZflow stuff she had bought - she's not a nail tech so how did she get it? Must ask her, otherwise it's a bit of a joke.

Deb379

Its unfortunate that untrained people can get professional products from Ebay or where ever to be honest. You will always find someone who can get hold of anything, if you are willing to pay the price.

Its wrong but not alot can be done about it at the mo. So annoying i know.

Hi deb ,

That is very true, I have been in contact with ezflow and thay said I have to prove that I am qualified to use these products. Send in my certificates. However NSI didnt. So I spose if Miss Bloggs from down the road phoned NSI and was untrained she would be able to buy from them aswell.

It is very annoying what is happening on ebay, I have noticed in the past month, the ammount of creative retention kits on ebay have increased, I guess some people are more interested in making money through selling on ebay than using their skills and knowledge and making it the honest way.

Have you informed EZFlow about this?

Deb379

I have to say this and please all dont be offended all that have posted on this subject - but I wish I had quid for every time I heard someone speak about this topic of buying pro products on Ebay

I have decided a long time ago its so not worth getting worked up about such matters..People who buy these products and are untrained are not going to produce nails that cause our business any threats whatsoever.

If they are trained technicians but not in that particular system or product line then you are dam sure the will end up coming a cropper they wont have MSDS sheets for them and could end up being sued so let them get on with it and remember they will lose out in the long run.

Plus it must be impossible for the manufacturers or suppliers to stop legitemate purchases of their products selling them on, its an unscrupulous world we live in and some will exploit to their own gains.

My only concern is about ME and being the best Nail Technician I can... and to hell with what the rest of the world is doing. So don't be upset all this rogue trading will do you all favours in the long run..

Phew...i'm off my orange box now

I quite agree, nothing we can do about it.

As for MSDs they are easily printed off via the internet.

Deb379

Yep you are quite right, I beleive you can with some companies but do you think they will even bother .

I keep them to hand in case of an emergency...I bet they dont...

Fab Freak said:
I have to say this and please all dont be offended all that have posted on this subject - but I wish I had quid for every time I heard someone speak about this topic of buying pro products on Ebay

I have decided a long time ago its so not worth getting worked up about such matters..People who buy these products and are untrained are not going to produce nails that cause our business any threats whatsoever.

If they are trained technicians but not in that particular system or product line then you are dam sure the will end up coming a cropper they wont have MSDS sheets for them and could end up being sued so let them get on with it and remember they will lose out in the long run.

Plus it must be impossible for the manufacturers or suppliers to stop legitemate purchases of their products selling them on, its an unscrupulous world we live in and some will exploit to their own gains.

My only concern is about ME and being the best Nail Technician I can... and to hell with what the rest of the world is doing. So don't be upset all this rogue trading will do you all favours in the long run..

Phew...i'm off my orange box now
I wholeheartedly agree with you Lou: there is no point in getting steamed over something you cant control!

i have been on ebay and bought a few things also sold a few things i dont use such as brushes, tips, polish etc...when i first started out i bought things on there that were used and cheap to try them out. then i chose to do creative i can understand people getting angry at people selling the liquids and powders as we had to pay and do our training so why shouldn't they!!!??? plus to buy l&p from ebay costs you twice as much as it does in the shop...so leave them to it if they make a mess it will be their mess to clean up....

But the thing that really annoys me and i see this every time i go to the beauty show...the fact that you can go to the creative stall and buy anything???! and this is the people from Creative selling it to anyone! i have heard girls there buying big pots of liquid and powders buying enough to last them till next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!till the next show....saves them paying to do the course stop this too!

Katmoz33 said:
i have been on ebay and bought a few things also sold a few things i dont use such as brushes, tips, polish etc...when i first started out i bought things on there that were used and cheap to try them out. then i chose to do creative i can understand people getting angry at people selling the liquids and powders as we had to pay and do our training so why shouldn't they!!!??? plus to buy l&p from ebay costs you twice as much as it does in the shop...so leave them to it if they make a mess it will be their mess to clean up....

But the thing that really annoys me and i see this every time i go to the beauty show...the fact that you can go to the creative stall and buy anything???! and this is the people from Creative selling it to anyone! i have heard girls there buying big pots of liquid and powders buying enough to last them till next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!till the next show....saves them paying to do the course stop this too!
This has been covered many time before as well. It is virtually impossible for them to police this - if they could they would!

Katmoz33 said:

I think it will be found as the case on all stands not just Creative :|

Carole Lindsay said:
This has been covered many time before as well. It is virtually impossible for them to police this - if they could they would!
well if they cant do anything its pointless having a restriction on something? its like makeing a rule and saying well its okay we know some people may break it but it doesnt matter? Does that make any sense? why not have ID numbers on a card like when you go to the one stop nail shop and you have to give them the number...
Kat xxx

Katmoz33 said:
well if they cant do anything its pointless having a restriction on something? its like makeing a rule and saying well its okay we know some people may break it but it doesnt matter? Does that make any sense? why not have ID numbers on a card like when you go to the one stop nail shop and you have to give them the number...
Kat xxx

I dont know Kat..probably the cost hun - and without photographic ID's etc & LCD screens at shows which I would imagine would be very costly and logistically a nightmare...

Plus I dont think it is pointless have a restriction - some restrictions/limitations are better than not at all dont you think?

Latest posts

Back