F/glass infill advice needed in a serious hurry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry for the urgency but I have a client coming to me in an hour who wants a one-off f/glass infill.
She's a friend of a friend of my mum's and has her own tech but she's away on holiday and this lady wants an infill on her fibreglass wraps.

I've never done a fibreglass infill before and I don't know if I should just refill the area with resin until her usual tech can do them or do I apply fibreglass. In which case, do I just cut a teeny tiny bit to fill in the gap, or do I apply a whole new layer?

Guessing I would just do a small piece (luckily have some pre-cut strips which I think I could get to fit) otherwise the nail would get to bulky, but I'm not really sure.

Err... help!!!

xxx

If it is just a normal infill you just need to prep and infill the gap with resin. Two thin layers of resin is enough.

Personally, I do and infill after two weeks and then a refibre after four weeks, then infill two weeks later, then refibre two weeks later etc.

Id be tempted to apply a layer of clear gel over them.

xxx

Personally, I wouldn't put gel on unless it is a soakable. This client's usual tech will otherwise be in for a shock if she wants to soak the set off.

I also forgot to say that if you are doing a refibre you only put a very small amount of fibreglass on the regrowth area which should be prepped and covered with a thin layer of resin first.

Latest posts

Back