Fab opportunity!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is in the right forum or not so mods please feel free to move if necessary. :)

And I also apologise in advance if this is a bit rambling it's just my mind is racing and I'm excited!!:lol:

The primary school that my daughter attends is fundraising for a new swimming pool at the moment, and they are beginning to organise a fashion event in a hotel with 3 course meal. Ought to be really good with lots and lots of women attending (hopefully with money to spend!) They are offering tables to various people, an aromatherapist, a jewelery seller etc. And today I have been asked if I would like a table in order to promote my treatments. I can use the opportunity to sell retail products, demos's pass out my price lists/leaflets, answer questions.

Here's the thing though, I don't actually qualify until the following week although that shouldn't be a problem because I won't be charging for treatments that day. I will however be able to take advance bookings. But I don't know how long it would take to get insurance sorted out once I have qualified. i have no treatment/price lists AT ALL! And there are probably 100 other things that I need to consider too.

It is a great chance to launch my mobile business and I want to do it properly so if anyone can offer ANY advice I will be so greatful!

Hi,
I dont think that it is a problem that you havent passed yet, you are obviously confident that you will pass and confident to perform the treatments which you are advertising.
You can get insured right away, just need your certificates or IHBC number or the governing body whose exams you are taking.

Dont miss this opportunity as they are a great way of getting your name out there.

Do lots of research - get all your leaflets printed, pricelists etc etc and if you plan to have a logo, ensure that this is all on your paperwork!!

Good Luck - very exciting!!
Jacqui

Wow, yes take the oppurtunity! If there is a issue of you not being qualified, would it be possible to take someone you know who is qualified along with you?

Have fun with it~ it could be the start of some great client relationships. ;)

I remember it taking several weeks for my certificates to come after I qualified so this could be an issue with insurance but perhaps you could get student insurance in the meantime ?

Your insurance provider may accept a cover note from the training provider to say that you have passed (once , as portfolios have to be internally verified before they can apply for certification.insurance poicies are normally backdated from the day you have applied, rather than the day you recieve your insurance certificate. As you say, you can just tell the prospective clients that you are'nt launching your business until x date (rather than tell them you are waiting for insurance)HTHs:)

It was suggested that I could perhaps do some demonstrations too. Such as how to appy make up correctly. How would this be effected by no insurance. And what else could I do.

I thought I could have samples of my manicure and pedicure products for them to try on the back of their hands, smell etc.

I want to use the PHD waxing system so I could take that along with some client care leaflets because the chances are that most people won't have seem the system before.

And I could do with something that will be relatively low cost (to them) to retail too.

I have already started working on my treatment lists and pricing but I would really love some extra ideas please. :hug:

This is really difficult, have you asked your insurance provider if you would need insurance for such an event? Or maybe you could contact the awarding body and run it by them. These people that offer face painting etc on child fun days - are they insured? Potentially, a person could have an allergic reaction to products you apply (ie makeup), but if THEY come along and try mani products, i would imagine thats different?
Sorry, i am probably of no help, but good luck, and whatever you do, at least you can go along looking the part (make sure you look immaculate and have your uniform on) and give out loads of information. :) And dont forget your app book x

Thanks. :hug:
I think I will speak to my tutors about it, they may know. Because as a student I don't currently have any insurance although I am a student member of the Beauty Guild (without ins).

What if I offered some kind of booking incentive too. "20% off all treatment booked today"

Definately offer an incentive for the day, you want them to book there and then! Make sure you take a deposit if its a particularly long treatment or pamper sesh (maybe you could do a pamper offer, or beauty party offer that is unmissable, today only special offer).
:)

Latest posts

Back