Fabric# - Blast and Boost???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
Mornin everyone,

I got my try me kit of Fabric# yesterday and tried it out on my hand trainer.

i thought it was all really good and the finish at the end was lovely (even for me), but i've got a couple of questions that i could do with answering please.

1, After using the Blast activator spray it says to go over the entire surface of the nail with a soft file.

This done do i then clean the nail with anything before i apply the coat of Boost??

2, I've never used a resin that is not brush on before - how exactly do i apply Boost?? - is it to the entire nail or just the apex??

Sorry if these sound really silly questions.

I'm hoping to go on my conversion course in the near future and couldn't wait to start now - hence the questions

Any help greatly received

Em.xx

Emmajt said:
Mornin everyone,

I got my try me kit of Fabric# yesterday and tried it out on my hand trainer.

i thought it was all really good and the finish at the end was lovely (even for me), but i've got a couple of questions that i could do with answering please.

1, After using the Blast activator spray it says to go over the entire surface of the nail with a soft file.

This done do i then clean the nail with anything before i apply the coat of Boost??

2, I've never used a resin that is not brush on before - how exactly do i apply Boost?? - is it to the entire nail or just the apex??

Sorry if these sound really silly questions.

I'm hoping to go on my conversion course in the near future and couldn't wait to start now - hence the questions

Any help greatly received

Em.xx
1. There is no need to clean the nail prior to applying Boost other than to dust any excess dust away if there is any.

2. Apply a small bead of Boost to zone 2. Brush over zone 1 and then from zone 3 over the entire surface. finish your strokes from the side walls to the center which will help to build a beautiful 'c' curve for you.
One of the biggest mistakes technicians make is to apply too much Boost thinking they can build shape faster. This will cause cracking. Better to apply 2-3 thinner coats as described above.

Read your instructions ... it is all there.

Attachments

• step10.jpg
    step10.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 70
  • FABRICstep11.jpg
    FABRICstep11.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 73
  • Fabric Hero 72.jpg
    Fabric Hero 72.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 46
Hi there, thought I have a go at answering your questions....

I just brush off any dust particles, if i feel it is not enough then I dampen a nail wipe with scrub fresh and clean the nail that way, and I make sure the nail is dry again before I apply Boost .

I hope this answers your boost question,

Boost is a Resin which is activated by a Brush on....you put a drop of boost (lentil size) onto the nail near the cuticle then use the Brush On Blast 2.1 to activate this will sweeping the bead of boost over and around the nail...

If all kits are the same on Fabric then this should be shown in the lovely white and pink demo leafelt included in your pack.

I hope this helps you

:o Opps didnt see Geegs reply..

Thanks guys,

I did apply the boost like you both said - but i was just checking i was right - sometimes i confuse myself:) .

Glad i got something right for a change

Em.xx

Latest posts

Back