Fabric# cracking/snapping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soz

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Havn't been able to get on here for a while as PC screen went pop, anyway have got a new one and have had loads to catch up on!

A few weeks ago I did my first full set of Fabric# nails on someone other than me. Admitedly it took me the best part of 3 hours but I was absolutely over then moon with them and so was she - by far the best set of nails I had ever produced... or so I thought! I did them on a Friday night and by Monday she had a crack right accross the thumb which of course by the end of the day had then snapped off. I didn't manage to repair it until a few days later by which time she had lost a couple more in the same way and almost all the others had cracks in them just below the smile line.

In the end I just took the whole lot off much to her and my dissapointment.

Why did this happen? Had to use 3 'coats' of boost to get rid of the ridge of the tip and the smile line and produce a nice apex - was this too much. Also should I have used a stress strip?

Any help gratefuly received

Nails do not crack unless they are hit against something.

If they are continually hitting against something, then they are too long for the client.

These things are true. Fact. Why do nail technicians always think they have done something wrong when clearly the nails have been put under some sort of pressure that has forced them to crack??

God knows Fabric# is strong enough. The proof is in the fact that she started with one break and then went on to break others.

Too long leads to nails getting hit and cracking.

Had to use 3 'coats' of boost to get rid of the ridge of the tip and the smile line and produce a nice apex - was this too much.
Does this mean that you dont have to blend the tips in prior to using fabric#? i assumed they had to be blended?

I have had some demos of Fabric on my nails and had a problem with the thumb. It did have a tip on but it wasn't excessively long. A crack appeared after about three or four days. It then lasted two weeks without worsening before cracking completely and coming off. My index finger has now cracked (no tip on this one) although this had just reached the stage of needing rebalancing.

So the question is, is Fabric not ideal for longer but not excessively long nails? Also if the product cracks do you have to remove and start again or can it be repaired in some way?

One other problem I had was that when I went to soak off my thumb, it took forever, it seemed sooo.. hard! In the end I had to file a lot of it away and leave some still on!

Do-it-all Deb said:
I have had some demos of Fabric on my nails and had a problem with the thumb. It did have a tip on but it wasn't excessively long. A crack appeared after about three or four days. It then lasted two weeks without worsening before cracking completely and coming off. My index finger has now cracked (no tip on this one) although this had just reached the stage of needing rebalancing.

So the question is, is Fabric not ideal for longer but not excessively long nails? Also if the product cracks do you have to remove and start again or can it be repaired in some way?

One other problem I had was that when I went to soak off my thumb, it took forever, it seemed sooo.. hard! In the end I had to file a lot of it away and leave some still on!
Fabric# is ideal for long nails if the balance is there .. just like any other enhancement product.
Using the correct techniques with the brush, you can insure balance and beauty. Have you done a class? There is more to it than just brushing the resins on like nail enamel. There is a way to brush that ensures the product is 'building' in the right areas to produce the strength where you want it.

Your last paragraph is proof of how strong the Fabric# system is. One reason the enhancements last so long is that BOOST is very strong and not as porous as the other thinner resins. This is why Fabric# enahncements do not break down in water as quickly as other systems and why the sets do not need to be removed and replaced anywhere near as often as other systems.

geeg said:
Nails do not crack unless they are hit against something.

If they are continually hitting against something, then they are too long for the client.

These things are true. Fact. Why do nail technicians always think they have done something wrong when clearly the nails have been put under some sort of pressure that has forced them to crack??

God knows Fabric# is strong enough. The proof is in the fact that she started with one break and then went on to break others.

Too long leads to nails getting hit and cracking.
Geeg

Have managed to include a photo (I think...hopefully!). This length was at her request and her job does involve some typing, though not a huge amount - could this be something to do with and are they too long?

1658polly.jpg

Those nails are beautiful! Well done. Not often I comment but these deserve it.

Did you use French Tips? Maybe you need an extra stress strip if the client is typing allot.

- feel all chuffed and glowy now :biggrin: thats made my day...actually no thats made my year lol!!!

I have offered to do them again as a freebie so will try the stress tip and take them a bit shorter ...oh and persuade her to rethink her career!!!

I agree, they are beautiful! Can someone answer my Q about whether you need to blend in the tips? (see above)
Thanks x

Thanks - On these I actually used white tips which I pre-tailored but obviously didn't blend although I thinned them as much as I could (amazing how much of a ridge it still leaves though!). I have used natural tips which I've blended when I've done then on myself but the white is definately more striking.

They are blooming fab babe xxxxxxFrench tips are pre taylored, reduce most of the well area to avoid the shadowing......after tayloring thin them out a little...... You can build up the step with boost...........

I apply the pre-taylored french tip with boost, any boost that squishes out from the free edge is work on little circular motions into the step............then build up the apex a little more with boost and then apply a stress strip if needed,then apply complete strip and proceed as usual..................

There is a tutorial in the premium geek section......... using pink silk but you can use which ever silk or Fibreglass you like

HTH

Why not fill in your profile Soz, so we can learn a little more about you??

They look great well done this is why I love Fabric so elegent.

Keep up the good work

Dawnie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The are fabulous nails soz...

I once had a problem with Fabic on my first set and the reason mine broke were to long (inbalanced) i should have known better and I used too too much activator which aged the product...but since then I am fine.

Soz said:
Geeg

Have managed to include a photo (I think...hopefully!). This length was at her request and her job does involve some typing, though not a huge amount - could this be something to do with and are they too long?

1658polly.jpg
These nails are beautiful!!!

Geeg's right, you should fill in your profile, so we can know more about you. But then, I can really talk - mine still needs completing :o !! :lol:

Ooh, and where is Herne Bay?

Thanks guys for all the compliments - has really boosted my confidence!:D

Have duly updated my profile...not that its very interesting zzzzzzzzzzz
xxx

Latest posts

Back