Fabric help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grace

Reaction score
Hi,
I recieved my fabric try me kit yesturday and began playing last night, it is so different from normal fibre glass well i think. Anyway asked Ruth last night when would one put the more than white on the tip, if you were to sculpture the nails using the fabric, she kindly explained after 1st boost and 3x boost.

I am a little stupid it appears as I thought i understood this until i logged off and tried it out. :oops: hmm not got it quite right. I ended up getting it all beep about face and buffed off all the white i put on, how that was i don't know ahhhhhhhh.

I have just tried again, but this time not sculpting but wrapping a natural nail, it is ok and i got a high shine but I can see the silk at the tip where I put the more than white. I cleaned the nail prepped and used a coat of bond then put the more than white on then waited just over 2 mins for it to dry and then put the silk on, then used bond again, waited for it to dry and then put another layer of bond waited again, then put 2 coats of build and sprayed with blast 4, then buffed and then used a blob of boost 3 then blast 2.1 to spread it about, then buffed and shined.

I think the white should be whiter and it bugs me that i can see the fabric, I also have little tiny white flecks in the pink area, hmm and it is not the more than white, boo hoo.

I have read back on previous posts also but it is just confusing me further, help I am soooo dim. I like sculpting the most but again finding this a little tricky, can anyone explain this to me like I am a three year old please.

Even though i have not mastered this yet I am still loving it, when I get the hang of it i know everyone will have to have fabric, forget other systems I am going to be a fabric queen, well that is when i get the hang of it.

Grace x

Once I have finished the sculpting stages including my first layer of boost.....shape and file the nail so it's virtually finished..........................

I apply the More Than White then...............
As I have a nice solid shape to paint the More Than White on................
Then wait 3 minutes....this gives the More Than White plenty of time to dry..........
Then apply a bead of boost and brush it all over the nail with the blast brush on activator........
Do this 3x..........
Make sure you cover the free edge completely......
Then gently buff with a soft buffer, just slightly as the nail should be nice and smooth anyway.................
If you buff to hard , you will remove some of the boost and also the More Than White, so again lightly does it..............
Then a drop of solar oil, massage that into the nail.......
Wipe the nail clean with some scrubfresh and then either buff with just the grey side of the girlfriend buffer,(there will be no need to use the other two sides, as to much buffing will reduce the thickness of the Boost layers, hence the White will come of), or apply your favorite french top coat.........
Lulu collection is fab..........
Top coat and bingo there is your finished nail................
Like I said this is how it works for me, others might have success in doing it in a different way!!!!!!!!! So play with it untill you find the best way that works for you... :idea: :idea: .....It is such a brill system that no way is a wrong or right way, it's the end result that counts............A Fab nail !!!!!

Hope this helps
love Ruth xxxxx

Hello,
Thanks again Ruth, I get it now, im such a dummy I can now see why I was getting it wrong, when you were saying after 3x i was thinking I was to put it on after the boost 3, oh don't ask I obviously lost the plot yesterday with all the excitement of receiving the fabric kit.

One other question if it is ok, but why can I still see the fabric when I have finished, it is not obvious o the untrained eye but up close under a light and i can see the weave. I was careful not to touch the fabric I used the paper to push it onto the nail with, and tried very hard to keep everything off other than the paper it comes on. Mind you I did hold the fabric when cutting it out, would that be the reason?

Other than these teething problems, I am over the moon with this system, I now have thin even nails, ok my smile lines need a tiny bit more practice but for my first attempt on my own nails I am impressed with my little self.

Thank you Ruth with out your help I would not have got this far with them x

Grace x

Hi ya Babe.............
When you use the bond to saturate the fibreglass and the silk....... do it slowly...let the mesh absorb the resin........ the slower the application of bond, the less visible it will be............... All this fine tuning will come with practice.............
But mesh of any kind under a strong light will show through a little bit...... because the light will pick up on the mesh...this is how judges judge at Competitions under a florescent light... :idea: .......as this shows up any imperfection.... :twisted: ..... even the ones you can see in normal light.... :rolleyes: ... so don't be hard on yourself..... :D ..... it will get better with practice.......and I can see you do that like mad lol......... Bless ya.. ;) ....this is how good Techs become better...... seeking perfection...........
So it looks like we got a great Tech in the making here !!!!!!!!
Self criticism is the key to advancement!!!!!!!!!
Just don't beat yourself up, have a Voddy and Orange instead

love Ruth xxx

hi ya hun well ruth as always is right how many times did i used to instant message you and pm ya ruth when i first started using fabric#? what a pain aye :D its all practise and i find i dont have anymore worries now when it comes to using the system its so fantastic i almost cant believe its my work! and i bet poor ruthie is pleased to have the peace ;) even still there is always room for improvement but thats a great thing because you are always striving for the perfect set which will put you appart from other techs :D

Hi, yes perfection, hm something I will strive for. I have never been one that can cope with things that will just have to do, oh no I have to carry on and on and on until i get perfection.

I am itching to re do the set I have on my nails in order to get them correct, it drives me crazy if they are not 100%. I am very tempted to airbrush the white tips in order to get them perfect as it is easier than attempting with the more than white, all though I do like this new little invention. However if i airbrush I can get a perfect smile line :).

May be I will have another bash at my nails tomorrow.

Thank you for all the help
grace x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back