Fabric kit...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rite a bit beta.........but problems that occured were as follows:

could see fabric marks down side, which grit file do i use to get rid of fabric line? i need something much stronger than koala....

what file do u use to get rid of shine once finished with all products? koala is ok but need something stronger....

and once ive put solar oil on and buffed with smooth side of koala do i then rub off with scrubfresh before proceeding to girlfriend buffer?

Vickx

ps: when will paint on white resin be out?

Right Hun,
After build, file to even the overlay out, I use 180 grit. gently go round cutlicle area and the sides. Very light pressure.....you are not blending you are just tidying up...... The top of the nail, usualy wont need any attention at all................

Then apply the boost over the top, covering the nail, on the second layer of boost I build the stress area, the surface should be smooth and even and only need a white buffer or Koala to take of the shine or any little hills ...........

Then solar Oil, then scrubfresh and girlfriend it .........
Hope this helps
Love Ruth xxx
P.S.
Keep practicing, it will all come together after a few goes........
But if it dont give me a shout Hun and we will get this System rocking........
Good point, when will the white stuff be out ?????? Sam???? Samantha???? Geeg ?????? Anyone know ?????

cool thanks hun, ile let u know how i get on.........vicx :D

hi can u do natural nail overlays with the fabric system? vicx

Yes Vic you can,
When you do a natural nail wrap extend the fibreglass or silk just a little over the free edge, this protects the natural nail edge and I Boost 3x for extra strength.
But all the steps are the same as for Extensions, leaving the tipping and blending bit out lol.

Good luck
Love Ruth xxx

hi girls i was just wondering if anyone was having problems with the brush on accelerator ? after boost i brush on and wipe brush before returning to the bottle but the brush seems to go stiff after a few nails (although the next set i do it seems to be ok if that makes sense?)i presume that this is because the boost is setting on the brush also ?
its says on the box of the salon kit that you get a replacement brush but i did not have one! i got my kit from ellisons and i think you have to report within a few days if bits are missing from your order but it was at least three days before i got round to opening my fabric kit can you get a replacement brush from anywhere else at the mo i'm using one of my nail art brushes but that to seems to go rock hard help please!
thanks nickki jones
ps by the way i think the kit is fantastic i have totally fallen in love with it so much so i have put the L&P on a back burner for now! also thanks to geeg for the step by step rebalance as that would have been my next question!x

Hi ya Nicola,

Yea ain't the stuff just the best there is in Fibreglass lol ........... well and Silk lol...................

Wiping the brush after boosting is important and glad to hear you are doing that lol..................

But there is a method to that as well lol......................
I use the Hands-down-Ultra remover pads, they have a slightly rougher surface..........Creative have them as a retail item..............

What you do is before returning the brush to the bottle, rotate the brush on the pad clockwise and anticlockwise................that way all left over product is removed...............
If you just wipe it on a pad, you wont be shure that all product is removed................

If you don't remove the boost properly from the brush it will either go hard or you will contaminate the blast and the that will discolor and go gloopy..................

I wouldn't use a nailart brush as a replacement, why not use the brush of one of your varnishes, clean it thoroughly and use that..........Same texture, same results....................

Just a thought
love Ruth xxxx

thanks ruth for the reply do you know of something else that would do the job to clean the brush up a bit more with? i am waiting for my id number to order from creative then i can order the pads you where talking about and the last thing i want to do is contaminate the bottle! ek that means i would be stuck until i could get my hands on another bottle!
need to get my hands on an empty polish bottle now to use the brush! (and i just got rid of a load last week blast!)
thanks hun
nickki jonesx

Right for glogged up brushes I would.........
Get a little glass...........like a shot glass....or ceramic egg cup , put a bit of acetone in it.......and swish you brush around in that till it's clean........
Rinse the brush after in warm water, dry it with a lintfree pad or even a Jay Clothe and then pop back in the bottle...................
The Resin will disolve in the acetone...............

hope this helps
love Ruth xxxxx

Aint it always the way..............I throw things out, only to find that 3 days later I need them lol...............lol

aawww thanks luv you have been a real help!
will give that a go hopefully i havent ruined the accelerator !
would using a lint free pad and acetone be a good idear to wipe off brush before returning brush to bottle when doing cleints nails after first wiping it on the towel?
thanks again ;) nickki jonesx

Nicola wrote: :sunny:
would using a lint free pad and acetone be a good idear to wipe off brush before returning brush to bottle when doing cleints nails after first wiping it on the towel?

Well if you follow the brush swirling :thumbsup: instruction, you wont need to use acetone as well in the same service .......lol...........
And you dont want to risk adding acetone :spidey: left overs to the Activator.......

By swirling the brush I mean.. :idea: .........
Hold the brush bristle down, gently push it against the little pads.
The Hands-down-Ultra remover pads have little stiff minute loops, by then moving the brush clockwise and anticlock wise, the little loops grab the left over resin and hold it there lol..........clever little pads.... :tongue: :tongue: .........

Hope this helps
happy brushing
love Ruth xxx

thanks ruth your a gem! ;)
nickki jonesx

Any time Hun,

I love to help, and I want to see some fab piccies soon of your Fabric#ated nails.

Love Ruth xxxx

would love to be able to do that but alais i dont have a digi cam! at least i would be able to get some feed back on what others thought about the nails im producing maybe im just bigging myself up and they could be total rubbish to others standards :D
thanks for your help once more i s'pect i will think of something else to ask later when i should be sleeping lol
nickki jonesxx

Like most new users, when I first used the brush-on activator I had the odd brush go hard (yes I really did :oops: ) But it NEVER happens now.

As Ruth says, you need to wipe the brush on a slightly rough surface ... lint free gauze ... hands down ultra ... OR (which works very well ... small pieces of towel that you can cut up when a towell gets old or discoloured ... and use for this purpose.

3 circles to the left with the brush and then 3 circles to the right ... that's all it takes and your brush will never go hard again.

Extra brushes are obtainable from Designer Nails just in case and YES an extra one should have come in your kit. Tell Designer Nails or your supplier and I'm sure they will give you a replacement brush.

BTW brushes will soften in about 15 minutes if left in the activator, BUT not very convenient during an appointment :D Best to have a back up ... be ready for every eventuality.

thanks to you both geeg and ruth! i am just about to go and chop up a towel! hopefully can get a replacement brush i have emailed designer nails we shall see!
three to the left three to the right is now forever imprinted on my brain! :D thanks again!
nickki jonesx

see i knew i would think of something else! can you use the fiberglass or silk that has already been pre shaped on a strip or must you use the fiberglass or silk they supply will this compromise the clarity of them are any silk or fiberglass compatable with the Fabric#
thanks girls

No Hun,
You can use which ever Fibreglass or Silk you like.............
It has to be of good quality, with just the right amount of adhesive on the back to make it stick to the nail....................
A good weave, nice and even looking.......
Some cheaper versions have too much adhesive on the back and make the end result cloudy and patchy..................
If you already have some good stuff at hand, so to speak , there is no reason why you can't use this .............

love Ruth xxxx

thanks hun :D
another thing i was trying to get my head round is tip blending. i use velocity tips i have been told that you only need to buff up the seam line not totally blend it till it is invisable, but i have always been told if you dont totally blend that what you can see before you put on your overlay (im using fabric# as you know) will be seen even worst after! my blending seems to account for the best part of 3/4 of an hour i just dont seem to be getting any quicker i know tip blender is a bit of a no no but why is it taking me so long i use my 180 to get going then work my way to buffer any idears whats going on there then for it to take so long or is that the norm?
thanks girlsxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back