Fabric# nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi...
I think the fabric nails look absolutly fantanstic...well done both of you.
Can you tell me why would you use fabric instead of L&P?
Is there a reason for this or just another choice?
Many thanks.
denisejacqueline.

Right Girls, sorry I haven't replied sooner, so here it goes, first Jen............pre blend the french tip, take a cotton bud dipped in acetone and swipe over the filed smile line...........follow it from one side to the other, this will tidy it up and de-fuzz it............

Secondly if you apply the french tip with boost and then use the brush on activator in little circular movements (no bubbles this way), this brushes the boost that come squidging out, into the step bit.......then if the step is still there a little more boost just behind the smile line and work it towards the free edge, view the nail from the side to make sure the step is filled in, then proceed with build and the rest, still finishing with the boost at the end.............

I have been a Fibreglass Technician for over 12 years now and when Fabric# came along, just loved it.................

Don't get me wrong, I love L&P also and offer this privately from home, but I have worked in the same Salon for 10 years and due to health and safety, can't offer L&P, so when Fabric# (new 3 phase resin wrap system) came along, it was like a dream come true......... Fibreglass with the L&P look, the best of both world for me........

It is a shame as a lot of Technicians are either L&P and Gel, so many Techs out there don't realise how brill Fibreglass/Silk can actually be.......

Sometimes a client has a very thin and weak nails, these are ideal clients for Fabric#..........not a good canvass for L&P, but brill for Fabric#.......

Natural nail overlays, Fabric# looks fab and easy to apply and remove.........

Virtually no dust, as there is virtually no filing, you finish the nail with the product......and a little buff and solar oil.........

As a competition choice, well when Geeg and Samantha told me about the new Fabric# system, way back last year, I thought ....yea :| ok lol.........Then I got some and thought, well this is the stuff that could win Competitions..:idea: .. and it did......Excel 3rd virgins, Manchester 2nd Virgins and 5th in major PB Nails for us!!!!!.....(and we are sooooooo close to first lol)....

So Faye and I got hooked and so did Dawnie and Caroline....:cool: .....these where firm L&P Girls, laughing in the face of Fibreglass, till Fabric# came along....................well now they are Fabri-cating their way to top place in nail competitions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So these are my reasons :)

crazy'n'creative said:
Thank you all for your very kind replies

I still have a way to go but i am practicing hard every spare minute i get just lately cause i know ruth is keeping her eye on me and she does have a mean foot lol ;)

I am getting more nervous adele as the time gets nearer but also looking forward to it :)
good luck caroline they are fab. ruth you'rs are too. i hope to be where you two are soon.xxxx :lol:

ruth you are fab....,brill gonna try that.thanks so much
just out of my interest and please exceuse the personal question feel free to ignore if you wish but do you make enough money from just doing fabric# enhancements.
i have not trained in L & P and did gel but not happy with MY working/results couldnt seem to get the hang however i love Fabric and my nails last longer than gel ever did... however whilst im not in it for the money - (hubby(and his credit card) would like me to break even sometime in this millenium- However ive been under the impression that salons should really be offering a chioce and whilst someday i would like to be able to offer l & P i also worry about it being another thing to learn and have problems with (im blonde and a bit slow on the uptake!!! lol) i would rather spend my time nd efforts trouble shooting my problems with Fabric until i am able to do it with my eyes shut (well u know what i mean)..... I also have only done 4 sets on clients.. all of whom have lost the odd nail - getting christmas trees down loft etc., but i would rather conceentrate on getting the experience with fabric#.
Still having problems with build bottle.... use the door frame to get it open EVERY time but just going to order, from milton keyens, a new bottle and HOPEFULLY at long last they have more than white as im dying to try your tutorial but they havent had it in yet!!¬! which is SOOOO frustratiing.

they look amazing, :green:

Hi Jen,
For the last 9 years I have made a great living just offering Fibreglass and Gels,natural nail care, nail art aso......... as we can't use L&P in the Salons............
So yes it is always best to offer all systems, but sometimes you just can't....
Health and safety being our reason, city council ruling..............
I didn't do my L&P training till July last year and I love it, I offer it from home and not the salon.............Go for it babe, it is harder but oh so rewarding when you can say....I can do all systems................even better to say, I am an expert in all systems......and only training will get you there........So go girl go...............

So go get fab with fabric and then move on to the next system if thats how you wanna do it , then thats just fine babe............there is no reason why you should rush anything..............

thanks ruth i will do that although i am worrying (i know bang goes my new years resolution) about all the new nvq stuff !! and new legislation - does anyone know anything. im even thinking about doing a beauty therapy course just so i can get a better qualification - more recognised - sorry not better!!! Hopefully i will get my money back from the home course that was just applaling but it looks like i have to go to court to get the money the course was one booklet with badly photcopied paghes from an unamed book as part of its content and i have tried to get my money back but she says it is recognised by babtac - even though babtac are investigating them !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back