Fabric# nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy'n'creative

Crazy Geekette
Reaction score
hi all

this is a picture of a practice set of fabric# competition nails i did yesterday it is the first full set i have done on my model.

I have to tell you all that they are all down to a GREAT teacher and a very special friend Ruth Fordham (Nailsinlondon1) who has put herself out to train me and dawnie and give us all the help and support we need

Thank You ruth you are a very special person i couldn't do this without you

I would value all comments

Attachments

• steph 1.jpg
    steph 1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 395
wow did you use white tips or mtw they are brill

Those look gorgeous Crazy - absolutley LOVELY!"!!;)

Caroline,

They look absolutely fabulous, well done!

Sue x

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh babe:o
They are wicked, a little tuning and your there............

This piccie here is my Competition Set and they got 3rd place.........So babe , you have a hell of a chance here !!!!!!!!!!!!!
As for thanking me, no need..............
I love teaching and this is the best reward I could get......;) .......brill nails!!!!!!
You and Dawnie are fab students, you listen and you work hard..........you take critcism very well and know it's not personal just the proverbial foot up the bum....

So here is to a brill Competition season for all of us:biggrin:

Attachments

• nails by ruth1.jpg
    nails by ruth1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 337
Ooer,

I'm back to being a newbie geek again! must've done something wrong when i registered!

trust me!

pooysuey said:
Ooer,

I'm back to being a newbie geek again! must've done something wrong when i registered!

trust me!

caroline :cool:
those nails are REALLY good!
very well done, keep up the good work :)
liza xx

Well done girl, They are brill.
Nice to see you and Ruth doing soooooooooooo well.
Lesleyx

glenda said:
wow did you use white tips or mtw they are brill
As Caroline is using the Fabric# system, she is also using white tips.........
pre-blended the french tips and butted them onto the free edge...........

pre-blending takes the grey looking shadow away and gives it the sculptured tip appearance...............
It defines the smile line.........
A must if you want to create a nice look when using french tips in a salon or in a competition...............:)

Beautiful Crazy! Gorgeous! :)

Ruth,

Beautiful, work to aspire to! :)

I hope I become as good a tech as u 2!!! ;)

Kat

Well done Caroline, they look pretty amazing..........and another thing.........congratulations on your desire to compete this year........I take my hat of to you;)

Adele

Thank you all for your very kind replies

I still have a way to go but i am practicing hard every spare minute i get just lately cause i know ruth is keeping her eye on me and she does have a mean foot lol ;)

Peppercorn Nails said:
Well done Caroline, they look pretty amazing..........and another thing.........congratulations on your desire to compete this year........I take my hat of to you;)

Adele

I am getting more nervous adele as the time gets nearer but also looking forward to it :)

Crazy baby, they are gooooorgeous!!!

You have a great tek teaching you, and loooadsa geeky friends supporting yah!! Go get 'em gurly!

xxlaylaxx ;-)

They are gorgeous. Competing is something that I aspire to - but have a long way to go yet! Seeing photographs like yours and Ruth's are an inspiration to new techs like myself.

Good luck to you in the competition season.

Deana.

Brilliant babe I will post some of my practice sets when I get the hang of me new camera ;)
Not long now babe see you Weds for more training.

Loves ya Dawnie xxxxxxxxx

Nailsinlondon1 said:

pre-blending takes the grey looking shadow away and gives it the sculptured tip appearance...............
A must if you want to create a nice look when using french tips in a salon or in a competition...............:)

Sorry for being abit slow, a newbie here, what do you mean by pre-blending on a white tip.

Many thanks
Louise

plaoh said:
Sorry for being abit slow, a newbie here, what do you mean by pre-blending on a white tip.

Many thanks
Louise
It's the same method you would use on a normal tip........
File the contact area, the well bit out of it..............or use a nice sharp pair of little curved scissors and cut out the well area........this will enhance the smile line...........
HTH

They are amazing, i can just tell your gonna get brilliant results at the Birmingham show!!

Take care
Lisa

Nailsinlondon1 said:

hi ruth - happy new year.
now i thought that you didnt have to preblend a french tip (i do end up with a big lip and even after the application of boost first to smooth the lip i stiil get air bubbles etc and then a funny gap when applying the fabric... ) how do you preblend a french tipwithout 'fuzzing up' the crisp smile line.
cheers

:green: looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back