fabric# over damaged nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debs

Reaction score
Hiya girlies (and guys)
I need some advice on the quick really.
Following on from my transparency in free edge post, my client is coming back this evening for a set of fabric#
When I first did her nails she had some damage at the cuticle area (a couple of white marks and some quite deep grooves)
This damage is now in the centre of the nail and while she wants fabric# on them I`m worried I may create a pocket placing bond and fabric over the top. I feel I should be placing build or boost over it for it to seep into the grooves and build up from there.
What recipe should I follow here?
Pleeeeeeeeeeze someone help quickly if you can, my confidence like I said in the other post "has left the building" so I need some good advice before she arrives this evening.
Its a good job I appear confident thats all I can say otherwise I`d have no clients

Debs said:
Hiya girlies (and guys)
I need some advice on the quick really.
Following on from my transparency in free edge post, my client is coming back this evening for a set of fabric#
When I first did her nails she had some damage at the cuticle area (a couple of white marks and some quite deep grooves)
This damage is now in the centre of the nail and while she wants fabric# on them I`m worried I may create a pocket placing bond and fabric over the top. I feel I should be placing build or boost over it for it to seep into the grooves and build up from there.
What recipe should I follow here?
Pleeeeeeeeeeze someone help quickly if you can, my confidence like I said in the other post "has left the building" so I need some good advice before she arrives this evening.
Its a good job I appear confident thats all I can say otherwise I`d have no clients
Hi Debs

I have been a fabric user from the begining and the great thing I love about is the freedom it gives you to adapt to each client.
If the client has an area of damage I would still do all the same steps as usual but after using bond and applying your tip use a bead of boost to fill in the damage area. When you come to file after build the nail shoul be lovely and smooth ready for Boost.

Tigger (Di)

Thanks for that, I would have done that but I really had to be sure about it. I suppose its all about confidence (and I should do a conversion really) which I haven`t got at the mo.
I`ll let you know how I get on

Debs said:
Thanks for that, I would have done that but I really had to be sure about it. I suppose its all about confidence (and I should do a conversion really) which I haven`t got at the mo.
I`ll let you know how I get on
Hi Debs

I know how you feel I always thought what the manufacturer stated was written in stone, I did not dare do anything else. A very wise lady (Geeg) told me a few things along the way in my nail career. Follow the guide lines work safe, but some of the time we can solve problems and adapt our techniques through logical thincking which is just what you had done. Belive in yourself your going the right direction.

As my mum always told me practice makes perfect.

Tigger (Di)

My enthusiasm and my passion for nails keeps me striving for perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back