Quantcast

Fabric# over wetting? Help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
70
Location
Bondsville, West Yorkshire
Last night finally got my Fabric kit out of the box and had a play. everything was fine until I applied the fabric (fibreglass) and when I wet it one side would not lie where placed it just kept popping up...blighter would not lie down :| never had this before with my old system so wondered was it too wet or not wet enough...Please can a seasoned Fabric# user advise me desparate to move into using this instead but must be okay with what i'm doing first....
 

Nailsinlondon1

CND Shellac Ambassador
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
7,494
Reaction score
393
Location
Greven, Germany
Fab Freak said:
Last night finally got my Fabric kit out of the box and had a play. everything was fine until I applied the fabric (fibreglass) and when I wet it one side would not lie where placed it just kept popping up...blighter would not lie down :| never had this before with my old system so wondered was it too wet or not wet enough...Please can a seasoned Fabric# user advise me desparate to move into using this instead but must be okay with what i'm doing first....
Sounds like naughty Fibreglass,
Well make sure you never touch the nail plate after you have bonded it...........because any small
particle of oil from your fingers can cause lifting.........

Have you used it before or is it a brand new strip????
If it is brand new and never used, send it back to desinger nails, they will change it for you................

Make sure you keep fibreglass/silk well protected from the elements..............
HTH
 

Fab Freak

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
70
Location
Bondsville, West Yorkshire
It was a brand new strip..wondered if I touched the fabric by accident, was a bit tired when doing the application...great finish at the end though...
Ruth, Do you keep your fabric in a packing you buy it? I found with my old system some times I got static build-up from the plastic bag, which then made it hard to apply as it just kept want to stick to me darn finger :lol:
 

Shaza

Pampering Geek
Joined
Jun 2, 2003
Messages
199
Reaction score
2
Location
Cambs
Fab Freak said:
Last night finally got my Fabric kit out of the box and had a play. everything was fine until I applied the fabric (fibreglass) and when I wet it one side would not lie where placed it just kept popping up...blighter would not lie down :| never had this before with my old system so wondered was it too wet or not wet enough...Please can a seasoned Fabric# user advise me desparate to move into using this instead but must be okay with what i'm doing first....
I had exactly the same problem - thought it was just me so glad I'm not the only one :rolleyes: Fibreglass worked fine on my trusty nail trainer but as soon as I applied to a "real" nail (good ole sis again :green: ) it just kept popping up. I wore latex gloves coz I was worried about touching the fabric but maybe this was wrong? Any ideas?

Shaza
 

Fab Freak

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
70
Location
Bondsville, West Yorkshire
Shaza said:
I had exactly the same problem - thought it was just me so glad I'm not the only one :rolleyes: Fibreglass worked fine on my trusty nail trainer but as soon as I applied to a "real" nail (good ole sis again :green: ) it just kept popping up. I wore latex gloves coz I was worried about touching the fabric but maybe this was wrong? Any ideas?

Shaza
I have never worn gloves while doing fibreglass nails (only 6 months) but it the early days I would touch the fabric by mistake, no I very rarely slip up...gloves seem like a good idea but maybe not latex..look on site via a search, The Geek mentioned these a while back.. I do think that mine lifted because I had put too much bond on to begin with but I will try again tomorrow (cant tonight as at college doing L&P) but will keep you posted on any developements....
 

Nailsinlondon1

CND Shellac Ambassador
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
7,494
Reaction score
393
Location
Greven, Germany
Fab Freak said:
It was a brand new strip..wondered if I touched the fabric by accident, was a bit tired when doing the application...great finish at the end though...
Ruth, Do you keep your fabric in a packing you buy it? I found with my old system some times I got static build-up from the plastic bag, which then made it hard to apply as it just kept want to stick to me darn finger :lol:
I keep my Fibreglass and my Silk strips in a nice metal tin, it is an old cleaned out tobacco tin, the ones with a rubber like seal...................

This keep moisture and dust and the like out and keeps it nice and fresh ...........
Never had static problems, well not that I am aware off............. but now I bet I will get some lol ....................
 

Fab Freak

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
70
Location
Bondsville, West Yorkshire
Fab Freak said:
Last night finally got my Fabric kit out of the box and had a play. everything was fine until I applied the fabric (fibreglass) and when I wet it one side would not lie where placed it just kept popping up...blighter would not lie down :| never had this before with my old system so wondered was it too wet or not wet enough...Please can a seasoned Fabric# user advise me desparate to move into using this instead but must be okay with what i'm doing first....
aarrrrhhhhh........I'm still getting the silk lifting - dont matter how much I wipe the bond before applying on on the side of the pot the sides of the silk just lift - I am really disheartened - just can't seem to get round this darn hitch....I am going to go crazy if I cant solve this soon...... :sad: doing my friend on Wednesday after the last set all came off :cry: we decided to let her natural nails grow a tad before applying a new set (as some were v short) and I really want this set to be fabulous ....now got solar seale...which hopefully will solve the popping prob but not my wetting technique...so any more advise will be appricated so much..until can book a one 2 one with Designer Nails...
 

Nailsinlondon1

CND Shellac Ambassador
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
7,494
Reaction score
393
Location
Greven, Germany
Fab Freak said:
aarrrrhhhhh........I'm still getting the silk lifting - dont matter how much I wipe the bond before applying on on the side of the pot the sides of the silk just lift - I am really disheartened - just can't seem to get round this darn hitch....I am going to go crazy if I cant solve this soon...... :sad: doing my friend on Wednesday after the last set all came off :cry: we decided to let her natural nails grow a tad before applying a new set (as some were v short) and I really want this set to be fabulous ....now got solar seale...which hopefully will solve the popping prob but not my wetting technique...so any more advise will be appricated so much..until can book a one 2 one with Designer Nails...
If after all the carefull handeling and correct wetting it still curls, then I suggest you try another fresh strip of silk...............
Silk/Fibreglass strips can get contaminated too.................
Silk/Fibreglass have to be stored in a dust free, oil free and dry enviroment......But sometimes it is not the Techs fault at all, but the Silk/Fibreglass is faulty...................
So return it to the distributor and let them check it out !!!!
It doesn't happen very often, but it has happend...............
Also try this............start at the other end of the strip, and see if this makes a difference.............
Hope this helps
 

Fab Freak

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
70
Location
Bondsville, West Yorkshire
Cheers - Ruth, I will endeavour and try your advise - PS Is that your pic in your signature?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top