Fabric# Peeling!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails At The Hat Hire Company

Reaction score
aGGH! MY L & P IS QUITE HYSTERICALY AWFUL buT I THOUGHT I HAD GOT MY FABRIC DOWN TO A T - (ISH) HOWEVER I DID MY FIRST NATURAL NAIL OVERLAY (NORMALLY USE IT OVER TIPS) WITH IT THIS WEEK ON TUESDAY. THE LADY HAS TELEPHONED TODAY TO SAY THAT IT LOOKED GOOD NEXT DAY BUT TODAY ITS ALL PEELING OFF!!! I'M GUESSING SHE MEANS LIFTING - WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG THIS TIME SHES COMING AT 415 TODAY NOT VERY HAPPY EITHER. ANY IDEAS

Just like with L/P when you do natural nail overlay with Fabric#, you HAVE to extend the overlay just a tad beyond the natural nail otherwise whenever the nals are knocked, it will tend to split apart the layer of overlay from the natural nail!!

Do this by extending the fibre a little beyond the free edge when you do the full set.

A way you can possibly solve this lady's problem is by angleing your abrasive quite sparply when you file the free edge of her nail enhancements ... this has the effect of creating a tiny overhang of product so the natural nail is protected.

In fact everyone should always be filing every free edge of any overlay with the abrasive at a sharp angle to create this tiny extension of product beyond the natural nail.

thanks geeg- thats great advice as i hadnt been doing that - will from now on though.
however when my client arrived it looked liked she had had her nails done about two months ago. really really bad lifting from the cuticle edge - what a pigs ear! - she had had them done three days earlier. i ALWAYS follow thorough prep etc., she said she had used solar oil i had given her and worn gloves. I apologised and said it was technician error as i had never had this with a client before and it was obviously something i had done.
i re did them as a rebalance but another question my osns was out of build - brush on- so i did use the bigger bottle i had and just moved it about with the nozzle but it did flood on one nail - which i expect probs with! what does every one else do with the nozzle one.
she was initially pleased as she had had gel on at another salon before and found them too bulky.
her freind came yesterday for overlays too and im paniking now - was hoping after two years i might have two regular clients!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back