Fabric# - permanent french

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Hi there

Just got a try me kit and did my thumb using the fabric#, and am very impressed by this system.

From reading other threads it would seem in order to get a permanent french look I would have to use MTW.

Just a thought, could you use white polish, i don't have any MTW at the mo?

Deb379

Deb379 said:
Hi there

Just got a try me kit and did my thumb using the fabric#, and am very impressed by this system.

From reading other threads it would seem in order to get a permanent french look I would have to use MTW.

Just a thought, could you use white polish, i don't have any MTW at the mo?

Deb379

As I user of Fabric# I have never tried it with a nail polish underneath. You could have a play on a nail tip to test, just make sure the white is completely dry before you apply any resins

My only concern would be if it streaked the varnish and got white polish on any of your resin brushes!

the only other way is to use a white tip until you can get to a OSNS....htp
Debs

I agree you would be better to use white tips till you can get the MTW. Whenever i do fibreglass i use the MTW its so excellent and looks so crisp. The only other option is to just do a french polish afterwards really.

I don't think the polish would survive under the resin, i think it would streak as was said previously. You can order the MTW from creative real quick.

If white polish worked, we would all be using it !!! :!:

More Than White is a liquid acrylic which nail polish is not, which is why it works so well.

You can use MTW like a polish, but you cannot use a polish like MTW!! Goes all sticky and gloopy.

Hi Guys,

Ive only recently heard of mtw, and have ordered some this week from creative. However im unsure whether i can use it in my rebalancing (l+p)appointment? If i can how do i use it, would i just do all the normal steps, apply the more than white instead of white acrylic, then put a layer of pink powder over the top?

Michelle x

pinkshell_nails said:
Hi Guys,

Ive only recently heard of mtw, and have ordered some this week from creative. However im unsure whether i can use it in my rebalancing (l+p)appointment? If i can how do i use it, would i just do all the normal steps, apply the more than white instead of white acrylic, then put a layer of pink powder over the top?

Michelle x
Hi Michelle: when rebalancing, file the product down as usual then apply the MTW, let it dry and apply your powder of the top. Geeg recommends using clear powder over the tip and pink in zone 2 and 3.

make sure you leave it to dry for at least 2 minutes though or you may have problems with it.

thanks for the help guys!

When it arrives later early next week i'll have a play with it!

Michelle xx

pinkshell_nails said:
Hi Guys,

Michelle x

Remember to use the web site you love most!!! :lol:

All the instructions for using MTW with all systems are right here on the site under Premium Geek Tutorials!!

Hi, i really want to get my hands on some of this, do i have to be creative trained to buy some? just looked on the designer site but i cant register as i dont have a password. ive done a search for one stop nail shop but nothing comes up on MSN.........Help :(

Fakin it said:
Hi, i really want to get my hands on some of this, do i have to be creative trained to buy some? just looked on the designer site but i cant register as i dont have a password. ive done a search for one stop nail shop but nothing comes up on MSN.........Help :(
You dont need to be Creative trained to buy this. However, you will need to fax or mail your certificates to them showing your qualifications. They will then set you up with an account. I think the nearest OSNS to you is Loughton but dont quote me!

Carole Lindsay said:
You dont need to be Creative trained to buy this. However, you will need to fax or mail your certificates to them showing your qualifications. They will then set you up with an account. I think the nearest OSNS to you is Loughton but dont quote me!

Plus you could order it mail order but you might want to order some more stuff to help dispurse the delivery charge....have a look at their web site its fabulous....but again like Carole has posted you will need an account set up before you can see the prices of equipment etc....atb

ok thanks again you lot x

I just had some fabric demo'ed on my nails. The trainer tried MTW but it did not dry properly even though she left it ages. However, she did a Brisa paint on white gel tip over one of the fabric nails which looked great and much easier to use than the MTW. She also used Brisa finishing gloss which is FAB.

Do-it-all Deb said:
I just had some fabric demo'ed on my nails. The trainer tried MTW but it did not dry properly even though she left it ages. However, she did a Brisa paint on white gel tip over one of the fabric nails which looked great and much easier to use than the MTW. She also used Brisa finishing gloss which is FAB.

MTW dries in 2 minutes flat if applied nice and thin. Normally I use 2 coats to get solid depth. Also it is important not to let it 'pool' at the edge.
More thah white is used sucessfully by hundreds and hundreds of nail technicians so one 'less than perfect' experience does not say to me that the product is at fault.

Brisa brush on white looks great too and is another alternative but used correctly, MTW is brillliant.

Thanks Gigi, I have a slightly delicate question to ask in relation to MTW, without naming names so to speak. It may be that Designer nails are better placed to answer it. Could MTW be in another bottle other than its branded one? For example is there a larger size that might then be decanted into an unamed bottle? I wouldn't like to think that MTW had been used and not be happy with the results if that wasn't what it was!

Do-it-all Deb said:
Thanks Gigi, I have a slightly delicate question to ask in relation to MTW, without naming names so to speak. It may be that Designer nails are better placed to answer it. Could MTW be in another bottle other than its branded one? For example is there a larger size that might then be decanted into an unamed bottle? I wouldn't like to think that MTW had been used and not be happy with the results if that wasn't what it was!

MTW is only sold in the one size and in a branded labled bottle. Better pm me with more info please. Info helps us to keep it all tidy so to speak!! :)

Latest posts

Back