Fabric# question??!!??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
I'm a CND L&P tech of 10 years, did my Fabrix# training a couple of weeks ago and have done 3 sets of nails....I hope it is just because I have to get used to it...but I really don't enjoy working with it :cry: :cry:

I am finding the Boost so difficult and unpredicatable to work with, I'm sure I must be using it wrong 'cos I've heard people really rave about the Fabric system!!

bond nails and blend tips - fine

silk/fibreglass - how much free edge do I leave here????

bond, build (x 1 or 2) then blast - ok, but I do find when I think the fabric is invisable, it makes a slight someback just before I put the boos on?? help here please???

Then...when it gets to the bead of Boost then coat with blast...my good night..what I nightmare....what am I doing wrong???? To get a nice upper arch on flatter nails I apply a bead of Boost...and by the time I have got my blast it has run all over the place and the end result is just awful.

ANY words of wisdom is soooo welcome. My L&P is my strong point, I pride myself on perfection, so the results I'm getting from Fabric are really dissapointing for me. (Must say though, the 3 people I've done sets on all really like them, and they do look nice...but...it was HARD, HARD work!!!!)

Thank you so much in advance :D

Jenny - Nails

Jenny-Nails said:
I'm a CND L&P tech of 10 years, did my Fabrix# training a couple of weeks ago and have done 3 sets of nails....I hope it is just because I have to get used to it...but I really don't enjoy working with it :cry: :cry:

I am finding the Boost so difficult and unpredicatable to work with, I'm sure I must be using it wrong 'cos I've heard people really rave about the Fabric system!!

bond nails and blend tips - fine

silk/fibreglass - how much free edge do I leave here????

bond, build (x 1 or 2) then blast - ok, but I do find when I think the fabric is invisable, it makes a slight someback just before I put the boos on?? help here please???

Then...when it gets to the bead of Boost then coat with blast...my good night..what I nightmare....what am I doing wrong???? To get a nice upper arch on flatter nails I apply a bead of Boost...and by the time I have got my blast it has run all over the place and the end result is just awful.

ANY words of wisdom is soooo welcome. My L&P is my strong point, I pride myself on perfection, so the results I'm getting from Fabric are really dissapointing for me. (Must say though, the 3 people I've done sets on all really like them, and they do look nice...but...it was HARD, HARD work!!!!)

Thank you so much in advance :D

Jenny - Nails
Oh dear babe,
Right easy solved this one...............

Ok margins around the edges...............
When you have placed the fibreglass on the nail, trim the cuticle end at the corners...............
For the sidewalls, run the scissors along the sidewall, use it like a rail track and cut..this gives you automaticly the right margin, something to do with the width of the blades..............

Apply build slowly and precisely, working it into the the mesh......Stipple rather then brush over............
When you build give the resin a chance to do it's stuff........ dont blast it right away...........I do all 10 fingers..........Then I go back to finger one and repeat the building if I feel it needs it, then get the client to turn their hand over , make a dead spider position, thats the fingers not the client laying on the floor playing dead...............Then spray once in a sweeping movement across the fingers.. one spray does all..........The build is like a magnet it will attract the activator............

Then tidy up the edges of the enhancement, buff lightly to remove activator residual and proceed with you boost..............
The size of the bead should be about the size of a green lentil lol.......... Tech term this is...............
To much and you will have boost on the loose...........
And this way it wont run all over the place.

First layer of boost, cover the whole nail.
Second layer of boost, concentrate more on the centre of the nail, leaving a larger margin around the sidewalls and cuticle area.............
When you brush the bead out, use left side to centre and right side to centre strokes, this way you will build a nice dome shape apex area...........
If you find the nail is very flat and hasn't got a natural upper arch, create this with extra layers of boost, concentrating on zone 2.....but this time work the bead and the activator in tiny circular motions to keep it in the area, where it is needed the most.......Then when happy file and buff to a nice even finish........
Hope this helps.................

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Oh dear babe,
Right easy solved this one...............

Ok margins around the edges...............
When you have placed the fibreglass on the nail, trim the cuticle end at the corners...............
For the sidewalls, run the scissors along the sidewall, use it like a rail track and cut..this gives you automaticly the right margin, something to do with the width of the blades..............

Apply build slowly and precisely, working it into the the mesh......Stipple rather then brush over............
When you build give the resin a chance to do it's stuff........ dont blast it right away...........I do all 10 fingers..........Then I go back to finger one and repeat the building if I feel it needs it, then get the client to turn their hand over , make a dead spider position, thats the fingers not the client laying on the floor playing dead...............Then spray once in a sweeping movement across the fingers.. one spray does all..........The build is like a magnet it will attract the activator............

Then tidy up the edges of the enhancement, buff lightly to remove activator residual and proceed with you boost..............
The size of the bead should be about the size of a green lentil lol.......... Tech term this is...............
To much and you will have boost on the loose...........
And this way it wont run all over the place.

First layer of boost, cover the whole nail.
Second layer of boost, concentrate more on the centre of the nail, leaving a larger margin around the sidewalls and cuticle area.............
When you brush the bead out, use left side to centre and right side to centre strokes, this way you will build a nice dome shape apex area...........
If you find the nail is very flat and hasn't got a natural upper arch, create this with extra layers of boost, concentrating on zone 2.....but this time work the bead and the activator in tiny circular motions to keep it in the area, where it is needed the most.......Then when happy file and buff to a nice even finish........
Hope this helps.................

Ruth...your WICKED :lol: :lol: :lol: Thank you so much for your help, you make it sound real easy though!!!

Just checking...the 'green lentil' sized bead of boost?....after this is applied ...do I have to buff or anything before I put on the next bead that makes the apex shape????

One last question...'cos my nails were still soooo tacky after I'd applied Boost...was this 'cos I'd applied too much it would have been more a 'baked bean' size than 'Green lentil' bead...lol!!! And what happened was...when I thought they should be ready to buff...there were tacky spots on the nail wo one swipe of the buffer and I had struck a 'sticky spot' and created a nice big hole in my hard work :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hope to hear from ya soon

Love Jenny - Nails x x x x :lol:

Jenny-Nails said:
Ruth...your WICKED :lol: :lol: :lol: Thank you so much for your help, you make it sound real easy though!!!

Just checking...the 'green lentil' sized bead of boost?....after this is applied ...do I have to buff or anything before I put on the next bead that makes the apex shape????

One last question...'cos my nails were still soooo tacky after I'd applied Boost...was this 'cos I'd applied too much it would have been more a 'baked bean' size than 'Green lentil' bead...lol!!! And what happened was...when I thought they should be ready to buff...there were tacky spots on the nail wo one swipe of the buffer and I had struck a 'sticky spot' and created a nice big hole in my hard work :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hope to hear from ya soon

Love Jenny - Nails x x x x :lol:
Hi ya Babe,
nope you don't buff in between the boost stages...............
The product was tacky because the resin had not polymerized..............To much product and the ratio of activator : Resin is off balance...there is only so much a littel activator brush can hold............
So go on the green lentil diet and come off the baked beans babe...........
Slimmer nails, with a stronger feel and a waistline to die for.............
You will get there babe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Hi ya Babe,
nope you don't buff in between the boost stages...............
The product was tacky because the resin had not polymerized..............To much product and the ratio of activator : Resin is off balance...there is only so much a littel activator brush can hold............
So go on the green lentil diet and come off the baked beans babe...........
Slimmer nails, with a stronger feel and a waistline to die for.............
You will get there babe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again Hun

It's green lentils all the way for me from now on!!!

Got my 1st set of Fabric# refills on Thursday :cry: ...I'm just gonna think 'Green Lentils!!!' and see how I go.

But if you've got any more top tips...you know they'll be welcomed!!

Thanks again Ruth, REALLY appreciate it!!! :green: :green: :green:

Love Jenny - Nails x x x x

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Oh dear babe,
ruth, can I ask you a quick question - I have just started using Fabric and so far I have applied bond to the mesh as in the little leaflet that comes with ..... do you recommend I swap to Build for this and if so may I ask why - does it give a stronger bond? (excuse the pun!)

I did a set for my friend the other day and I must admit I did 5 fingers at a time (I was taught originally to leave a hand free) - but when I did this I was hanging around waiting for the boost to dry, so I assume this is why we work on all ten pinkies?

The other thing that worried me is the lifting of the silk from off the nail just ever so slightly when I stippled using the 'bond' - tried less more 2 coats still was a slight lift until I applied to coats of 'build which once activated I filed and no rough edges is the okay?

Yikes hope I have explained myself well? I love this so much more but worried I am not using it to its best advantage so if you could drop me a line this would be fab -- or anyone else with a good knowledge of fabric# thanks.

Yikes - just got text from client 2 nails applied last night have come off...help did all my prep and followed instructions to the t -i dont understand :cry: - shes had nails on for ages with my old wrap system -- can anyone help or shed some light on what could of gone wrong as I darned if i know - yours a desparate techie

Fab Freak said:
ruth, can I ask you a quick question - I have just started using Fabric and so far I have applied bond to the mesh as in the little leaflet that comes with ..... do you recommend I swap to Build for this and if so may I ask why - does it give a stronger bond? (excuse the pun!)

I did a set for my friend the other day and I must admit I did 5 fingers at a time (I was taught originally to leave a hand free) - but when I did this I was hanging around waiting for the boost to dry, so I assume this is why we work on all ten pinkies?

The other thing that worried me is the lifting of the silk from off the nail just ever so slightly when I stippled using the 'bond' - tried less more 2 coats still was a slight lift until I applied to coats of 'build which once activated I filed and no rough edges is the okay?

Yikes hope I have explained myself well? I love this so much more but worried I am not using it to its best advantage so if you could drop me a line this would be fab -- or anyone else with a good knowledge of fabric# thanks.
Hi ya Babe, no you dont swap to build.........
If you go the top to the first post, you will find that Jenny had probs with the build................. So I explained how to use build after she had used the bond........lol..lol.......
So it is still the same......bond.......build......boost.............
If you use build on the mesh without using bond, you will get a very visible mesh as the result...................

Dont stipple bond, brush it on, lightly dont press the brush to hard, let the mesh absorb the bond.........then the mesh wont lift.........
If it lifts just a tiny bit, thats no prob if the build covers it and it doesn't stick up like the eiffel tower

I do all ten pinkies, that way the first one is dry when I get back to it........
There is no wrong way in using Fabric#, you will find your way.......to give you your best results.................

HTH

Fab Freak said:
Yikes - just got text from client 2 nails applied last night have come off...help did all my prep and followed instructions to the t -i dont understand :cry: - shes had nails on for ages with my old wrap system -- can anyone help or shed some light on what could of gone wrong as I darned if i know - yours a desparate techie
They came off????
Ok broke, or lifted clean off ????
If they broke, force had something to do with this...........lenght, did she have them slightly longer then ususal???
re-inforce the stress area this might help........
Lifted clean off............... prep is usualy the culprit here............

Give me a step by step...and I can see if it's the prep, application or the client being a bit heavy handed................

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back