fabric...questions again!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Holly,

If you are getting on just fine with Fabric#, then I would book a 1-2-1 with an educator who will teach you how to sculpt with it and spend time on chemical knowledge with you. Tracey Leja in Loughton is an expert.

1-2-1 classes concentrate on what YOU want to get out of it. But please prepare the educator first by telling her what you want to know prior to the class.

Sculpting is a great technique for repairs and the like, but most do not use this technique for full sets. It can be time consuming for a result which is no better than when using tips. Fun to master though and quicker for repairs.

The one day conversion class may not cover those things, but rather spend more time on the basics - which you know!!

geeg said:
If you are getting on just fine with Fabric#, then I would book a 1-2-1 with an educator who will teach you how to sculpt with it and spend time on chemical knowledge with you. Tracey Leja in Loughton is an expert.

1-2-1 classes concentrate on what YOU want to get out of it. But please prepare the educator first by telling her what you want to know prior to the class.

Sculpting is a great technique for repairs and the like, but most do not use this technique for full sets. It can be time consuming for a result which is no better than when using tips. Fun to master though and quicker for repairs.

The one day conversion class may not cover those things, but rather spend more time on the basics - which you know!!

Okay, thanks for that Geeg - although I'm having a fine ol time with Fabric and loving it, I am simply following the printed instructions but I know that you can customise to suit different clients etc and this is why I would like to get fully educated on Fabric's full potential so yes, I should think the 1-2-1 would be just the ticket.

I don't like to assume for one minute that its down to my skills that I've had no complaints with Fabric so far. I have the good fortune so far of having clients who have pretty easy to deal with nails! I'm just dreading the day I get a real bad nail-biter or some other challenge :rolleyes:

Well fear not.
Fabric# works just brilliantly on Nail Biters or other unusual nail shapes.

i for one am a bad nail biter and im so glad i gave fabric# ago my nails look fab! i dont think you will find any problems with it regardless of whos nails they are! as geeg says it works brilliantly!

nailsbynicola said:
i for one am a bad nail biter and im so glad i gave fabric# ago my nails look fab! i dont think you will find any problems with it regardless of whos nails they are! as geeg says it works brilliantly!

I'm sure it does look great on bitten nails....I'm just saying I don't know all about the "customisation" of the different products for different types of nails purely because at present, I follow the instruction sheet to the letter. Some people mention using two of this, 3 of that so I want to know why and at what times you do customise your methods.

Holly, it is really easy.

Use your BOOST to 'fill in' dips or to 'bulk up' say a ski jump nail.

The product is strong, but say on a nail biter I would use more layers of BOOST to add extra strength. Just as I would perhaps use a slightly larger bead of L&P in zone 2 if I had a severe nail biter.

customize with BOOST. This is THE key tool in the system for customization.

geeg said:

Use your BOOST to 'fill in' dips or to 'bulk up' say a ski jump nail.

The product is strong, but say on a nail biter I would use more layers of BOOST to add extra strength. Just as I would perhaps use a slightly larger bead of L&P in zone 2 if I had a severe nail biter.

customize with BOOST. This is THE key tool in the system for customization.

Okidoke Geeg....noted :salute:

I'll stop hastling you now shall I ;) ....course....if you did want to really, really help me out....you'd tell me just when this marvelous white is coming out ....I think we've been patient enough!!! :rolleyes:

Excel for sure!!

geeg said:
Excel for sure!!

WOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Can't wait...............

hi gigi and others...
im doing up my leaflets etc and i want the fabric to stand out from the silks/fibreglass other technicians or should i say beauticians offer in town...the only people that do nails in my town are beauticians...there is no single nail salon...
so i want some amazing hit u in the face phrases for it!!! can any of u help? Vicx

somethink like Fabric exclusively from DesignerNails, get my drift!!!
somethink of the strength etc too...thanks girls ur all great...

Discover ‘Fabric#’, a Wrap System designed to make nail enhancements that are custom made for each individual.

Choices are what ‘Fabric#’ is all about. At the heart of our system is the ability for professional nail technicians to produce nail enhancements that meet every client’s needs. Each set of nails is a unique creation hand made just for you.

HANDS UP ALL THOSE WHO WANT BEAUTIFUL STRONG NAILS!!
HANDS DOWN AND I'LL CREATE THEM FOR YOU.

IF YOUR HANDS OR NAILS ARE NOT BECOMING TO YOU ... YOU SHOULD BE COMING TO ME.

These are just a few ideas that I have thought of. Look at the box too.
There is lot of good blurb on the box and in the adds. Copy it by all means.

geeg said:
HANDS UP ALL THOSE WHO WANT BEAUTIFUL STRONG NAILS!!
HANDS DOWN AND I'LL CREATE THEM FOR YOU
That s great!! im still so wowed by the whole system!!! cant quiet believe the nails im producing myself lol!
will definatley be at Excel to find out more !!!
nickki jonesx

Sounds like you have the 'promotion' leaflet which is not the same as the instruction sheet that comes in the professional kit.

If you send me your email address I will send you the full instructions and product information to help you get it even better!

hi ladies...i did a set of fabric today on my nearly sister in law, i used white tips...i could see the edges of the fabric...at what stage do i use a file to file this down and what file do i use? also does the fabric have to be nearly as big as the nail plate? Vicky :?

After you have applied the BUILD and before you apply BOOST -

This is the time to take a smooth abrasive (240 grit) and 'gently'smooth over the surface of the enhancement. Then your BOOST will glide on beautifully and you shouldn't see any fabric at all.

I do believe that it does say this in the instructions that come in the kit!!
Read carefully before you start.

Fabric# is not like other wrap systems - it is heaps better - so it's best not to assume that because you are good with wraps that fabric# will work the same way as all the rest. This is a comment for all and not to anyone personally. :D

hi ya...ive got a A4 card that was sent to me and it doesnt say on there where to file...ive just got it out and double checked and it doesnt...its the A4 card with all the pics on and the fabric colours and logo, it goes straight from build to boost...the only buffing and filing mentioned is the last instruction on the page...
fabric is the 1st wrap system ive used since 1997 when i first trained with star nails...its the system i like the best aswell so im trying to get it correct...im glad ive got this board that u can ask these questions on without it a lot of us would be lost...
thanks geeg, ive wrote in on my instructions where the filing is to be done...Vicky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back