Fabric Rebalance Help??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lanails

Reaction score
Hi all

I am booked to do a Fabric day on 25th November. Someone came into my shop yesterday, with a really nice set of fibreglass (her words) they are in really quite good condition considering they have been on 3 weeks, there is a tiny bit of lifting on 2/3 nails, but the tips are in great condition and the surface looks good - although I can see the mesh :?

At the moment I am only qualified in Acrylic and powder, and there is no one else doing fibreglass in my town. I do have a Fabric kit, passed on to me by someone who isn't using it and have had a quick go :!: I am really looking forward to using this.

:?: The question is should I

Attempt a fabric rebalance before 25/11 using the kit and instructions from Geeg that have been posted before. Any tips to help? :rolleyes:

Take the fibreglass off and start again with acrylic - if so can you use Product Remover to remove fibreglass :?:

See if she can wait until I have done the course - ie 26/11?

Just not sure what to do for the best with her? She has tried all 3 methods and she prefers fibreglass?

I don't really want to lose a customer, still trying to build up a client base and would like some new fibreglass people. Not sure how long it will take me to master Fabric - the playing I have done is OK, just need to know how to build an apex a little better. :)

Look forward to any help :D
Lesleyxx

lanails said:
the tips are in great condition and the surface looks good - although I can see the mesh :?
The question is should I:

:) Attempt a fabric rebalance before 25/11 using the kit and instructions from Geeg that have been posted before. Any tips to help? :rolleyes:

:) Take the fibreglass off and start again with acrylic -
if so can you use Product Remover to remove fibreglass :?:

:) See if she can wait until I have done the course - ie 26/11?

:) Not sure how long it will take me to master Fabric - the playing I have done is OK, just need to know how to build an apex a little better. :)

Hi Lesley,

:) Yes I would do the rebalance as per the instructions if that is what the client wants. You can do nothing about the mesh showing through without removing everything and starting again. But if she is happy then to do a rebalance is fine. She will be even happier when you do a full set later on.

:) Yes you can remove using any remover but I would not replace a perfectly good set with acrylic if the client prefers fibre.

:) I wouldn't wait until you do the course. Have a go. The next time when you have done the course will be even better. But Fabric# is so easy to use, as an experienced technician, you should be alright. the principals are exactly the same.

:) It should not take long at all and the Fabric# class will give you some very useful hints and tips specific to the Fabric# system. MOST of the time, you do not really need to build a specific apex with fabric#. the system is very strong. When you use 2-3 coats of Boost it will build a natural apex for you by just following the shape of the nail plate.

Don't make more problems than you need to over this system. One of the reasons it is so great is the ease with which you use it.

Thanks for that. I have been testing my skills with Fabric today and am really pleased. Within 2 nails I have removed mesh - by following instructions from posts here and with the kit.

Will have a go at her rebalance. Do I have to buff it down - or just remove loose/lifted product? :?:

Have a tester nail on myself to see how it goes, and now really really want to do full set!!! I love the finish and the ease of it!!! :D

Thanks again.
Lesleyxxx

Thin zone 1 as always and shorten - lightly buff zone 2 - remove any lifted product if present and re-apply as per instructions. If no new fibre is needed than don't add it, just do a re-glaze --- if there are any nails that require more fibre then add where necessary and re-apply as per instructions.

With this client if you can see the fibre then you will know if you need to add anymore. When you use fabric# you will not be able to see the fibre so will have to keep good records to know when to re-fibre or not. A good rule of thumb is to re-fibre every other rebalance appointment.

Geeg, thanks.

That makes sense to me! I think this client has plenty of fibreglass on each nail, it is just literally infilling zone 3 and removing the lifting. By the time she comes back in 2/3 weeks, I will have done my course!

I phoned her and she is happy to have a go and not loose her nails!

I am really looking forward to 25th November!

My own nails have been badly thinned by previous nail techs, and are just growing out, so am hoping I too can have great nails using Fabric#!

I think I may become a convert!

Lesleyxxx

Thanks to Geeg and Ruth for their info and advice, I did my lady's nails and she gave me 7/10 - am vvv happy with that, especially as she has had fibreglass for ever :D

As Geeg says, will learn even more on my course next week!

Thanks for the advice and info. Am looking forward to the photos coming back in your "More than White" tutorial as well, that sorts the next problem!!!

Thanks for your help :D

lesleyxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back