Fabric removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amethyst_Angel

Reaction score
Good morning geeks!

Please could someone tell me how to remove fabric/fibreglass nails? Do you soak in acetone?

Many thanks!

PS... it's totally my own fault - thought I'd have a go putting on some fabric nails but without thinking about how to get the blasted things orf!!! :eek:

Hi, yes just soak, really quick to take off!!

I expect they will come off really quickly - there's some severe lifting going on too. :o

Many thanks for all your help, Mrs N! :green:

Did you accidentally flood the cuticle/sidewalls with resin?
Do you use a brush on resin or nozzle?

To be honest, I think I did *everything* wrong. I definitely flooded the sidewalls (needed a lot of filing to level out!) and everywhere else for that matter. :o Still, as first attempts go, I suppose it could have been worse.

I think I might try to use the pre-cut strips (that look like fingers from a glove) of fabric and I'll try a brush on resin as that might be a smidge easier.

Thanks for all the advice! :green:

Still, as first attempts go, I suppose it could have been worse.
It does take time to perfect, but you'll get there in the end :hug:

I think I might try to use the pre-cut strips (that look like fingers from a glove) of fabric and I'll try a brush on resin as that might be a smidge easier.
You'll more than likely find that you'll still have to trim the pre-cut strips, I used to buy them and found that they needed tailoring so now use the un-cut fibreglass, you can tailor each one individually.

The brush-on resin is way easier to apply than the nozzle resin, less chance of flooding and you will have more control over the 'flow'.
hth's a bit.

Latest posts

Back