Fabric still cracking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry chops

Reaction score
Hi all, I posted a thread not so long ago about Fabric# cracking, but still have a problem! Basically thumb, index and mostly middle fingers are the ones which crack the most. The cracks are usually diagonal and then they go like crazy paving. I don't think I'm over activating (which I thought it could be at first) just spraying one quick blast. Making sure I'm putting not to much boost on or activater. What else could it be? Should you wait a certain amount of time between bond and build, or build and boost?
Thanks,
jp.

There are no fancy rules or anything that you need to follow other than the directions for application.

You have to play detective here and ask why a few fingers and not others?

SOME sort of stress is being put on them that tis not happenning to the other nails .. Logical. Now you have to find out what that stress is? God knows these are STRONG nail enhancements and it has never happenned to me. It sounds like it is shattering!!! Most odd. There is no reason for this to happen when using the whole system. Are you using the Fabric fibre?? Or some other type?
You will have to ask a few questins of the client OR if this is happenning on you, then you are going to have to be aware of just what you are doing with those fingers. It must be pretty drastic to shatter the Fabric# system.

It has been happening to me and also 2 of my clients. I have tried a different silk as I wanted to try pink. But even before I tried this different silk it happened. I try to be very careful and look after them. When you say shattering thats exactly how they are, although they are still intact and don't actually break altogether. It has been very strange.
jp

I cannot tell you what I do with my fabric# Nails. I swim, sunbathe, garden, cook, do nails, never wear gloves and they never deteriorate in any way!!
It sounds like surface cracks and like they don't go all the way through or the nails would definitely break etc.
Try leaving out the Boost apart form say one coat and do more coats with the Build. If there is not cracking, then I would say you are still using too much Boost. I cannot honestly think of anything else, other than stress. How many clients do youservice with Fabric#? Are we talking 3 clients out of MANY or 3 clients out of 3???

I usually do 2 coats of build and 3 of boost, do you mean do 2 lots of boost instead? When I apply my boost I use about a small lentil size depending on size of nail. I do a lot of clients with Fabric and most have no problems. Also whats the best thing to do when these cracks appear? try and buff them out or will I have to start again? I am coming to the end of a bottle of boost could it have become contaminated or perphaps one of the other products?
jp

Hi Jane

I have been wearing fabric nails since the system came out..........and I have to tell you my nails take a bashing as Geeg said I clean, garden I am even in the process of clearing out my house ready to move and they are fine ....................I can only assume as that u r using the boost to thick its better to use thin layers and maybe do that 2/3 times .....let us know how u get on.

Take care
Dawnie xx

Thanks for al your advice I'll try cutting back on the boost. I use a lentil size of boost then I make sure I wipe brush a bit before adding blast. Does the amount of blast you use make a difference?
jp.

Why isn't it happenning to all of your clients? do you do them differently? Could we assume that it is the clients and not you who are at fault here?
It certainy isn't the system. Believe it or not, I have been using the same bottle of Boost for 2 years!!! And I'm still not more than 1/2 way finished. I only use it on myself as I do not do many nails anymore but its still AOK after all that time, so I don't think it is your product. You would know if it was contaminated.

Anyway, I would buff the cracks out (cause it seems like they are only surface ) and then rebalance as normal.

The amoount you are using sounds ok. Just right in fact. You can tell if you are using too much .... takes too long to dry, hard to control etc. And if all the other clients are ok it sounds like you are working fine with it. Maybe you have 3 clients who all have their fingers in their mouths. Are they biters?? BIG clue if they are,.

Thanks for the advice, I'll check to see if my clients are nail biters. Last question could the stress area not be quite build up enough and perphaps apply the boost more forward?
jp

The only time this has happend to me is when................
I used Silk and applied 4 layers of boost..........
As silk can hold its on weight in liquid by 30 times, I found that Silk can be to rigid.......
It uses more bond in the first soak in session........then when you add the build and the boost it can become very ridgid and more prone to surface cracking...........The trick is bond and build as usual, but then only boost in very thin layers 2x..........The second layer concentrating just on the stress area......

Switch to Fibreglass and see if it is any different.......
Fibreglass has a larger weave and provides a more flexible structure.........
Best for those that are harder on their nails...........

Give it a try and let us know what happens........
HTH

I have recently had a similiar problem with my Mums nails, but it is actually the tips that are breaking off. I don't think I have been concentrating on the stress area enough, as I have never had this problem before.

The only other thing I have been doing different is applying 'Out The Door' over her polish. But I know this shouldn't be affecting it at all. I will really have to get myself on the course as I don't have the confidence to sell it as a service whilst I am still having teething problems through my own faults.

At least you know you are not on your own :sad: :rolleyes:

beautifulnails03 said:
I have recently had a similiar problem with my Mums nails, but it is actually the tips that are breaking off. I don't think I have been concentrating on the stress area enough, as I have never had this problem before.

The only other thing I have been doing different is applying 'Out The Door' over her polish. But I know this shouldn't be affecting it at all. I will really have to get myself on the course as I don't have the confidence to sell it as a service whilst I am still having teething problems through my own faults.

At least you know you are not on your own :sad: :rolleyes:

I don't think your mum breaking her tips has much to do with you not applying the system correctly rather more to do with her hitting them because they are too long for whatever she is doing that is causing her to hit them!!

Of course you can offer it in the salon but remember length has got to be appropriate for the client, and then the client needs to do a little maintenance in between like occasionally reducing the length between rebalances. If you don't teach them to do this then you are going to get more breakages in the salon. My advice is to always go a little shorter than the client actually wants so that they can grow without the client bashing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back