fabric toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenda

Reaction score
can anyone give me a little bit of advise please. can i cut out the fiberglass /silk on toes, ijust want to give a smooth surface, could i please have a little step by step please after prep, thank you vesy much

Hi Glenda,
Applying Fibrglass to toes is the same as applying it to finger nails................
just a bit more down south lol.............
prep is the same, application is the same, and the toe enamel stays on for ever lol.........
So no special skill, just a bit more bending down, if you are doing your own toes...........
HTH

Hi,

I would have thought that if you just wanted to get a smooth surface you wouldnt really need to use the fibreglass/silk, the silk is there to give it extra strength, i have used it on my toes without the silk and works brilliantly.

I use fabric, so when i did my toes i would apply a thin layer of bond, then build, spray with blast then a bead of boost and activate with brush on blast. This makes a lovely thin and flat surface.

Hope this helps

Lisa x

i recently had a client in for a pedi with a split toe nail and using the same prep and method repaired it.. she was amazed at the results and the smoothness.. she normally only comes for nail art or pedi and i think she thought it was going to be a hulking great bandage/plaster... hopefully she will be converted to her nails too.....

dazzlingtouch said:
Hi,

I would have thought that if you just wanted to get a smooth surface you wouldnt really need to use the fibreglass/silk, the silk is there to give it extra strength, i have used it on my toes without the silk and works brilliantly.

I use fabric, so when i did my toes i would apply a thin layer of bond, then build, spray with blast then a bead of boost and activate with brush on blast. This makes a lovely thin and flat surface.

Hope this helps

Lisa x
I found using fibreglass or silk with the overlays, gives it a better supported structure........
If they just manage to bang their toes a little, just using the resins can lead to crackle effect...............
And the resin can chip off..............
I am always stubbing my toes on things..............
But what ever works best for you, thats why Fabric# is so brill, no rules set in stone, use it the way it works for you .............

Nailsinlondon1 said:
I found using fibreglass or silk with the overlays, gives it a better supported structure........
If they just manage to bang their toes a little, just using the resins can lead to crackle effect...............
And the resin can chip off..............
I am always stubbing my toes on things..............
But what ever works best for you, thats why Fabric# is so brill, no rules set in stone, use it the way it works for you .............

Just wondering :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: if you put any kind of 'system' on toes...and you do get a breakage...would you soak off (if necessary) and if so..how?

I have quite a few people asking for a 'coating' on their toenails to make them smoot...I use L&P..and was reluctant to provide this as a service(I'm just not good with feet I'm afraid :mad: !!)

However, I'm getting braver...and it wouldn't be too bad to provide the service after a pedicure...how much do you charge?

Cheers

Jenny-Nails x x x

Jenny-Nails said:
Just wondering :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: if you put any kind of 'system' on toes...and you do get a breakage...would you soak off (if necessary) and if so..how?

I have quite a few people asking for a 'coating' on their toenails to make them smoot...I use L&P..and was reluctant to provide this as a service(I'm just not good with feet I'm afraid :mad: !!)

However, I'm getting braver...and it wouldn't be too bad to provide the service after a pedicure...how much do you charge?

Cheers

Jenny-Nails x x x
I use a cotton ball soaked in acetone, place it on the toe nail and wrap in tin foil..........
Or Quick Soak off bowl on the floor and toes dipped in this...... thats if they all need to be soaked and not just one............This bowl has two compartments and I just fill one and they rest the heel part on the other empty side.........
leave it for 15 minutes and it comes of a treat.........
I charge the same for toes as I do for fingers lol................
I wouldn't apply wraps after a pedicure, the nail absorbs water.............More lifting is possible...............
When I do toe wraps, I do the same as I would for fingernail wraps, cuticle work ,scrubfresh aso....

But no rason why you can't do one after they have had their wraps done........but less time in the water and more time spend on a nice foot massage..............and a great polish !!!!!!!!.............

Nailsinlondon1 said:
I use a cotton ball soaked in acetone, place it on the toe nail and wrap in tin foil..........
Or Quick Soak off bowl on the floor and toes dipped in this...... thats if they all need to be soaked and not just one............This bowl has two compartments and I just fill one and they rest the heel part on the other empty side.........
leave it for 15 minutes and it comes of a treat.........
I charge the same for toes as I do for fingers lol................
I wouldn't apply wraps after a pedicure, the nail absorbs water.............More lifting is possible...............
When I do toe wraps, I do the same as I would for fingernail wraps, cuticle work ,scrubfresh aso....

But no rason why you can't do one after they have had their wraps done........but less time in the water and more time spend on a nice foot massage..............and a great polish !!!!!!!!.............

Great advice as always...Thank you :lol:

Jenny - Nails x

would fibreglass work on my toes? I had an ingrown toenail removed a few years ago and so my toe looks a bit odd, in that i sort of have 2 free edges?! One normal and one down the nail wall where its no longer inside the toe! and also on some of my smaller toes i have ski jump nails, i would love to have nice looking toes, so would fibreglass work? if not any other ideas? :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back