fabric/white tip help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails At The Hat Hire Company

Reaction score
Did my first fabric overlay on white tips... applied the boost on the seam line to 'bridge' the gap. followed throught to end but there where air bubbles where boost was applied..... did i do something wrong, i prep'd , bond tip bond thn boost and activated, fabric, bond,build,activate,boost,activate!!! help...
also on the pinkies the silk wouldnt adhere when i applied the bond after the fabric it just kept sticking up and when i patted it down it moved.. i ended up removing it and applied fibreglass!! what happened.

thanks in advance

Thehandsanctuary said:
there where air bubbles where boost was applied..... did i do something wrong

It is necessary to buff the area after the boost has hardened to make sure any ridges are smooth. Only takes a second but the fabric must lay smooth over the area or you will get bubbles.

Thehandsanctuary said:
the fabric it just kept sticking up and when i patted it down it moved..

Sounds like your silk has lost some 'stick'. I don't now how long you have had it or how much you handled it prior to application, but if it is new and you didn't over handle it, send it plus date of purchase and invoice numberback to the place you purchased it and ask for a replacement.

Hi ya Jen,
Just a quick tip............ when using boost to bridge a gap or to filling in a dip... apply a small bead and when using the boost activator...use small circular movements..............this avoids air being trapped in the boost, hence tiny airbubbles................you can always add more.............building up the layers bit by bit to fill in the bridging gap...then when you are satisfied with the fill in, buff lightley so it's nice and level and smooth..........hope this makes sense to you............

As for the silk make sure you dont touch it, or the nail itself......... but could be dodgy silk........... i have had that, no matter what you try, it will not lay flat because the sticky back aint stickey no more..............So do what Geeg suggested, get in touch with distributor and ask for a replacement..........................

I didnt buff....

thanks ruthie... i'll try that ...

(ruthie still cant get my text a diff colour under signature!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back