Fabric & white tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry chops

Reaction score
Hi all, Just wondering when I use white tips with fabric and to fill in the ridge you use boost, can I use build instead? Also am I right in thinking you have to gently buff over the boost before applying fibreglass?
jp.

jane phillips said:
Hi all, Just wondering when I use white tips with fabric and to fill in the ridge you use boost, can I use build instead? Also am I right in thinking you have to gently buff over the boost before applying fibreglass?
jp.

You can use Build or Boost. Using Boost will be marginally quicker and no use of -Spray activator that may later clog a brush!!!

Thin the tip first, then add a bead of Boost Resin at the seam' and spread wth the brush-on activator. Gently buff so that the 'seam' is smooth, before applying the wrap.

Some apply the French tip WITH the Boost so that when it squiges out it fills the 'seam'. Just touch the 'squiged out bit' with the brush-on activator to help it dry. Smooth and then apply the wrap. Better use of your time.

If I did use the build could I put the fabric over while a bit still tacky or would I have to wait for it to completley dry? Would it take much longer to dry than using boost?
Thanks,jp.

jane phillips said:
If I did use the build could I put the fabric over while a bit still tacky or would I have to wait for it to completley dry? Would it take much longer to dry than using boost?
Thanks,jp.

No you would not put the fabric over while still tacky. You would have to spray activate and then wipe the nail when buffed to make sure the next time you used you brush the activator residue didn't make it go hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back