Fabric

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one beautiful picture gigi

Thank you :D
I'm proud of this shot because there were NO re-touches and I did them in ordinary normal time.
I did not want to go French (sometimes I just get tired of that whiter than white look) so I used Velocity to get a more natural appearance. My model was the daughter of our Sales Director! Phillippa.
Glad you like the shot. 8)

Gigi, these are BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks again :oops:

Why the Geek had to put up such a LARGE shot I don't know! It's scary to see your work blown up that big - glad they stood up to the test :p

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!. Gigi your picture has sure sold Fabric to me - I will definately be buying at Olympia. Btw did I say those nails were gorgeous :)

geeg said:
Thanks again :oops:

Why the Geek had to put up such a LARGE shot I don't know! It's scary to see your work blown up that big - glad they stood up to the test :p

Gigi, I have to say again, I just LOVE those nails, they look so natural :D
But the tips look very white (but not too white), I thought they were french tips. Did you blend the well, or you cut it out for sucha clean look??????????
Details please! :D

Hi Gigi
Those nails look so cool.....hope to get some Fabric at Olympia....they look so natural.
This site has helped me no end at looking for new systems to try out its good to see feedback from techs that have actually tried the products.
Take care Dawnie x

First I cut the tip well to about 1/2mm.
Next I use a Koala Buffer to soften the 'cut edge' look and then also to thin the tip out, it also makes the tip appear more opaque and more like a natural nail in colour.

Interestingly, you can also sculpt with 'Fabric#'.

I have been a full service technician all of my career, with Liquid & Powder being my first system and sculpting being my favorite service.

I have used every Fibre system under the sun to see if there was anything different between them ... nothing to speak of UNTIL this one came along. What excites me as a teacher is that for those who just can't get in to Liquid & Powder application (because there is a definite art to it isn't there?) they ciould use this and have a very successful business. It is so easy I could teach a 10 year old to apply it! And it suits everyone and every nail type.

Do you know if Fabric# is sold in the US?
I used to do fabric wraps but found them to be inferior to acrylic and gel so I would discourage anyone who wanted fabric wraps.
The nails in that pic are just beautiful! I have a couple clients who I can think of right now who would really like that.

I am also interested to know if it is sold in the States. After reading these posts and seeing Gigi's set I have got to try this!! :D

P.S. I am also a "product junkie"and if its new and someone likes it.... well the I MUST have it too LOL :oops:

sorry to go back to the tip bit. but after you cut the well out did you soften/blend the smile line b4 u put it on the nail plate?and then blend on to the natural nail or is it just stuck on ,and then product applied over the as normal .do you apply on top of the nailbed or butt up to it. :oops: when i blend tips they never look that crisp.i know you would usally put the tip on top of the nail plate.

groovynails said:
sorry to go back to the tip bit. but after you cut the well out did you soften/blend the smile line b4 u put it on the nail plate?and then blend on to the natural nail

Exactly. I cut out the contact area to about .5mm with curved scissors - but that looks too harsh if you don't soften the look. So I used a Koala buffer to take the 'sharpness' off the smile line and then adhered the tip in the usual way. Then I thinned the tip out and then applied the product in the usual way. Trouble is, with any other system the tip would probably be very vulnerable to breaking - certainly without a stress strip. But this system is so strong, you don't need it. Means you can use French tips too, for a whiter look! ;)

hi geeg

just to let you know i did a french set with Fabric# today my oh my they looked beautiful i think i can say i am a Fabric# person now they just look so stunning :D

please all of you try this system

So glad you love it Caroline. It is a real winning system. How about trying it in competition?? It's high time a nail technician using a wrap system won a competition. ;)

hi geeg

i'll keep practising and hope i get to the standard to feel able to compete

:flower:

hi geeg

can you tell me if its any different to do a rebalance on a fabric# set of nails please will have to do one next week and wanted to check with you first

:rolleyes:

Hi Caroline,
If you send me your email address to me privately, I will attach the rebalance instructions and send them straight on to you. :p

When would you choose #Fabric over L&P (if L&P is your main product)?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but hey you know :rolleyes:

Adele

Hi Geeg

have sent you an e-mail
Thanks for your help

:D

Peppercorn Nails said:
When would you choose #Fabric over L&P (if L&P is your main product)?

You know what? It's not always about choosing one over the other. :)
It is about what works and performs best for you and for your client, and sometimes you need a different choice for different people and their individual needs.

In the past one choose a wrap system if the client wasn't too heavy handed (because wraps were not always strong enough for some clients) or because a wrap created a thinner overlay than L&P or to mend a natural nail break. BUT NOW those rules do not apply, because Fabric# is as strong as a L&P and is still thin.

Some technicians find it difficult to produce thin overlays with L&P and some never get the hang of it and never really produce beautiful overlays. Fabric# is so easy that anyone can learn to apply it beautifully and it suits all nail types.

So it is about CHOICES for the technician, NOT about choosing one over the other or because one is better than the other. If L&P is working perfectly for you then stick with it as your main system. If you want to have fun and to have another system 'under your belt' to offer to clients that may not be good with L&P, or may come into your salon already wearing a wrap system and not want to change, then try fabric#.

Personally I always used all systems because I never wanted to turn business away no matter what overlay the client was wearing. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back