Face and body treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Betty

Newbie Newbie
Reaction score
Just wondering how busy salons are with the different treatments, for example, have clients returned to facials and massage treatments? Thanks in advance.

Hi!
I never did that many facials before but have only had 1 client return for a facial since we’ve been back. Other clients are still not ready.
Massage has been slightly more popular but i’ve only done back massage since being back, no one is after full body yet for some reason.
Nails definitely more popular but it’s still very quiet in general.
There are some therapists who are not even thinking about offering facial treatments yet.

Hi Betty,

I don't think I am on my own for saying that business has plunged into a very deep recession. I am down by approx 60% of my usual treatments. No one is holidaying, going to birthday/anniversary parties or away for weekend breaks.

I have 5 facial clients that have returned and there are 4 that have decided that the time isn't right for them. So for the returners I have offered a promotional buy one get the 2nd a month later for a 30% reduction. The reason is that I have quite a lot of opened facial products that could do with being used up before Christmas. The discount equals only a 15% price cut and I can accept that.

I have done my normal quota of pedicures and eyelash treatments, but gel nails have plummeted and in exchange they have had an IBX treatment or a natural manicure.

I have introduced an "Eye Lift facial " Done with the mask securely in place. Used lymphatic drainage and microcurrent to work on hooded eyes and frown lines. Then massage that I have added to it from my french facial/aromatherapy facial experience. Sold 3 , but it was better than none.

I have also introduced a "Back facial- Bacial" . Absolutely fab they said. Made far more money out of it than a standard back massage and it was really great to create. Love doing it! Sold 4 and so it was worth it.

Are you quiet too?

I’m doing the full range of my face, body, nail and electrolysis treatments. The clients that have come back are still sticking with their usual treatments and booking at their usual intervals, so that’s good.
However.... without the clients who only come for holiday/special event treatments, I am down about 50% on my normal capacity.
I have kept my prices the same. No offers or discounts.
Currently I’m focusing on getting clients to book right through to Christmas now.

I think it all depends on where you are living as london is booming at the spa i am working in.

Pretty much doing a bit of everything, although I've edited my treatment list to simplify things eg only two facials on offer, and only back massage or hot stone back massage, as safer if client is lying face downwards..
Usually do a fair amount of electrolysis, and I think some of my older clients don't want to come back yet which is understandable.
A few manis/pedis/gel nails, but not as many now the weather has cooled down.
November is always a very quiet month for us, but so far October has been fine.

I’m down massively. My regulars have not returned in droves! I’m in a tourist city so I’m getting massage and facial requests in for Saturdays and as one offs on other days.

It’s not enough to rely on which is why I’m planning to relocate to a village. Hopefully that will attract more of my regulars back - I think that people are treating themselves to one off’s but not committing to regular services.

Latest posts

Back