Face cream for men who work outside..?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a really good face cream to protect and nourish male skin from the wind and cold of working outside.

Robs always looked after his skin, he cleanses, tones and moisturises twice a day....he loves Solar Oil on his face after a bath..:rolleyes: but he works outside all day and with this bitter cold weather its taking its toll on his skin....so without having to re-mortgage can anyone suggest anything...he has used Nivia for men but didn't feel it did much good.

Wouldn't necessarily have to be a just for men product, just something that does the job without making his skin over shiny.

Thanks xx

Can anyone recommend a really good face cream to protect and nourish male skin from the wind and cold of working outside.

Robs always looked after his skin, he cleanses, tones and moisturises twice a day....he loves Solar Oil on his face after a bath..:rolleyes: but he works outside all day and with this bitter cold weather its taking its toll on his skin....so without having to re-mortgage can anyone suggest anything...he has used Nivia for men but didn't feel it did much good.

Wouldn't necessarily have to be a just for men product, just something that does the job without making his skin over shiny.

Thanks xx

really? he's looking good to me !

almond oil? what about body shop ? im sure one of their body butters would do the trick.

My hubby likes e45 cream

My hubby is a builder and loves Vaseline Intensive from Boots or the like - his skin is softer and smoother than mine! xx

i bet the lovely axiom could help us out here!

:lol: :lol: depends what your looking at, ya dirty mare :lol: :lol: xxxx

Hey my lips are WELL n TRULY sealed (brownies honour):green:

My hubby is a builder and loves Vaseline Intensive from Boots or the like - his skin is softer and smoother than mine! xx

I have seen that....its not expensive either. Worth a go, thanks xx:hug:

keep the ideas coming please...dont mind getting a few for him to try.

bodyshop ..for men face protector hun !

the description is ...
softens skin and helps protect against the effects of wind and weather ,with comminity trase seseame seed oil and cocoa butter .....

also i would highly highly recommend the hemp range ....
they also do a face protector ..description is ....
our ultra intensive moisturiser ,softend,smooths and helps protect extremely dry facial skin. with hemp seed oil ,moisurising community trade shea butter antioxident vitamin e and good things too many to mention ..think of it as your sheild against the world !

we sell lots of hemp products ..all highly recommended to me by customers ,nobody has been disappionted hun ...and thats not my sales pitch lol :green: its true !xxxxxx

so where would i get this Hemp range from and how much is it...??? thanks chick x

I'd love to have a man like this! Wes works outside all the time and still washes his face with cold tar soap! He loves to be clean and has a bath and shower everyday but really doesn't take much interest!

My boyfriend works outside to and he uses either Decleor hydra floral (not the mens range) or the Clarins moisture balm for men.

If he can't afford them then he will use an Avon one which has an spf included which is good as he's outdoors all the time, but it doesn't smell very nice imo :lol: xx

i bet the lovely axiom could help us out here!

Oh Amb, flattery will get you everywhere :wink2:

Angie, you mentioned your hubby has tried Nivea, but has he given the sensitive skin moisturiser a whirl (still in the men's range, comes in a white tube)? It's a little thicker and more emollient than the aftershave balms, and has some excellent anti-inflammatory ingredients which are essential for this harsh weather. Also has sun-protection, which is still needed at this time of year.

Neutrogena also has some brilliant moisturisers, but I can't remember what's in their men's range off the top of my head. Their unisex Ultimate Moisture Day Cream is a good, fragrance-free option (again, with an SPF).

If possible, steer clear of stuff with fragrance, menthol, etc, especially at this time of year as it'll only irritate his skin and make matters worse. If you can persuade him to stick to lukewarm water rather than lovely hot showers, that'll also help maintain his skin's lipid capacity.

I'll have a mooch round the shops at lunchtime and if I come with anything else I'll drop you a line! :D

Andy x

My hubby's a gardener and uses Vaseline Intensive Care. He's 5 years older that me and looks 5 years younger!! :eek:

Angie, you mentioned your hubby has tried Nivea, but has he given the sensitive skin moisturiser a whirl (still in the men's range, comes in a white tube)? It's a little thicker and more emollient than the aftershave balms, and has some excellent anti-inflammatory ingredients which are essential for this harsh weather. Also has sun-protection, which is still needed at this time of year.

Neutrogena also has some brilliant moisturisers, but I can't remember what's in their men's range off the top of my head. Their unisex Ultimate Moisture Day Cream is a good, fragrance-free option (again, with an SPF).

If possible, steer clear of stuff with fragrance, menthol, etc, especially at this time of year as it'll only irritate his skin and make matters worse. If you can persuade him to stick to lukewarm water rather than lovely hot showers, that'll also help maintain his skin's lipid capacity.

I'll have a mooch round the shops at lunchtime and if I come with anything else I'll drop you a line! :D

Andy x

arnt you good...:) very helpful...many thanks xx

Andy x

I use the unisex neutrogena day moisturiser and find its very good. My skin is extra dry and sensitive, which are both made a lot worse this time of the year and it really helps.

Latest posts

Back