Face hole sniffles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolla

Reaction score
How do you all avoid your clients getting right bunged up and sniffly when using the face hole in your massage couch?

I end up having to give them a tissue with peppermint on in an attempt to unblock them!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I don't know if it's just the face hole on my couch - I've tried it myself but I get blocked up using any.

I think its a reaction to the massage.A kind of clearing and cleansing as well as the position they are in.
Its quite common You are pushing blood and lymph around the body which probably causes mucous membranes to swell.
I once read about a massage for the cold season where they put a bowl of steaming water containing eucalyptus,rosemary and peppermint under the couch which sounded like a nice idea.Or you could get a diffuser for your room.
End your massage with a sinus drainage massage with them slightly raised to help with any congestion they may feel after.

I think its a reaction to the massage.A kind of clearing and cleansing as well as the position they are in.
Its quite common You are pushing blood and lymph around the body which probably causes mucous membranes to swell.
I once read about a massage for the cold season where they put a bowl of steaming water containing eucalyptus,rosemary and peppermint under the couch which sounded like a nice idea.Or you could get a diffuser for your room.
End your massage with a sinus drainage massage with them slightly raised to help with any congestion they may feel after.

That's a great idea about the drainage massage, thanks Gillian! :)

I put a drop of a 'breathe easy' essential oil blend on a tissue, which I hang over the runt beneath the face hole. It saves having bowls of water about the place!

Latest posts

Back