Face Mapping?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkmummy

Reaction score
Does anyone on here do face mapping. Dermalogica therapists will know what I'm talking about.

I've never suffered with spots before. (Not even as a teen), but in the last 3 weeks I've had a really bad cluster around the sides of my mouth, mostly below the lipline, but a few above. They're worse on the left hand side.
Am I developing teenage acne in my mid thirties:o or is it indicative of something else, hence the face mapping question. Thanks.

HI Pink Mummy

I had the Dermalogica face mapping done a few months back.

Funnily enough i also suffer form spots around my chin and mouth area, although i never did as a teenager.

Unfortunately, face mapping couldnt help solve the problem - i was recommended the medicated clearing gel and the skin brightening system, including daily micro-foliant but my spots (which were also slightly rash like) got worse.

You will normally find that spots in this area for us older ones are normally hormone related which I have big problems with. I was also given some anti-biotics a shortly after which i was allergic to and also made the problem with my skin much worse. Although they are getting better now - but has taken a while.

Try these which may help but if your problem is also hormone related then you will need to seek medical advice to find the root cause.

I AM a BIG fan of Dermalogica but it doesnt perform miracles!

Hope this helps

Theresa

p.s. - if this advice is useful then please gice me some positive reputation rewards.:lick:

I think my skin care routine is fine, I use Guinot and a bit of Clarins. I was just interested if these new spots in one location could highlight another issue. Thanks anyway for your reply.:hug:

I'm not a Dermalogica therapist, but I went on a skincare evening with them. Their face mapping highlights the chin as your reproductive area. They say that if you break out in spots on your chin at a certain time of the month then this is normally when you ovulate. The side that you get the spots is the ovary that is ovulating. At least that's how I remember it.

Changing tack slightly, Nimue do great products for Problematic (spot prone) skin.

Thanks sassy, that's what I wanted to know. It may well be a hormonal thing, other strange stuff happening too, think I pay a visit to the docs.:hug:

:biggrin: Hi there, I am a Dermalogica trained therapist and based soley on what you have said, and obviously without me looking at you, (!) as stated, any breakouts around the left and right side of the chin area is indeed hormone related. It can also be a possible INDICATION of imbalance or over activity, (hormonal). If breakouts are in the centre of the chin, this can again be an INDICATION of poor diet, possible food alergies, or digestive problems. Also, comedogenic ingredients in make up can trigger breakouts. The face mapping theory includes chinese diagnosis CONSIDERATIONS. They are not meant to be medical diagnosis. I love the face mapping and for my own skin swear by what it tels me. My clients are happy also! hth:D

That seems to make sense, none in the middle of chin at all, and other hormal things going on. I use mineral makeup which is won't clog my pores, and exfoliate regularly. It's just come from nowhere, my skin is normally very dry, still is in places, just these damned spots.:twisted:

cabinkel said:
:biggrin: Hi there, I am a Dermalogica trained therapist and based soley on what you have said, and obviously without me looking at you, (!) as stated, any breakouts around the left and right side of the chin area is indeed hormone related. It can also be a possible INDICATION of imbalance or over activity, (hormonal). If breakouts are in the centre of the chin, this can again be an INDICATION of poor diet, possible food alergies, or digestive problems. Also, comedogenic ingredients in make up can trigger breakouts. The face mapping theory includes chinese diagnosis CONSIDERATIONS. They are not meant to be medical diagnosis. I love the face mapping and for my own skin swear by what it tels me. My clients are happy also! hth:D

Spot on! :lol: pardon the pun couldnt resist! What you could try is the dermalogica special clearing booster. Don't squeeze just apply that and your spots will go.

I have been getting spots on my chin since I started doing nails & couldn't figure it out as nothing else had changed. I started wearing foundation to cover my skin & they disappeared. I figured out it was due to dust from work. I still get the occassional hormonal flare up but not as bad now.

Thanks for the advice. I use a clearing gel with salicylic (sp?) acid in it when they arrive and they do go within a few days. I was just perplexed as to why all of a sudden someone who's had dry skin all her life would suddenly start getting a crop of bad spots in one specific area. Previous posts seem to confirm what I'd thought. Thanks.:hug:

cabinkel said:

I am Dermalogica Certified as well... and I agree 100% with this statement.

pinkmummy said:
Thanks for the advice. I use a clearing gel with salicylic (sp?) acid in it when they arrive and they do go within a few days. I was just perplexed as to why all of a sudden someone who's had dry skin all her life would suddenly start getting a crop of bad spots in one specific area. Previous posts seem to confirm what I'd thought. Thanks.:hug:

I've had them terrible on my left side of my chin this month, I don't usually but my periods are a bit early at the minute so I know its hormonal.
My friend got ger tubes tied a couple of years ago and developed acne, never suffered from it in her life and she was in her mid thirties.
Have you changed your contraceptive pill or anything?
Hormones are wicked things.

Latest posts

Back