Face mask

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hlovesbeauty

Reaction score
Hi

So I've been back doing mobile beauty treatments this week and as I was taking appointments again, I texted all my clients and I posted on my business Facebook page to ensure them that I will be wearing PPE to their appointment and I asked them to wear their own protective mask.

I had one of my regular clients booked in this week and when I got to her house she didn't wear a mask and said she gets claustrophobic wearing one.

What should I do if a client refuses to wear a mask because of them being claustrophobic? This client has an appointment with me again in 2 weeks.

Thanks

Give them a visor to wear. Much better for them and doesn’t restrict their breathing.

What should I do if a client refuses to wear a mask because of them being claustrophobic? This client has an appointment with me again in 2 weeks.

Telephone them and tell them that you won’t be returning unless they agree to wear either a mask or visor and they must supply it themselves. Make it crystal clear that they either wear a mask or visor or no treatment. If you choose to supply a visor for the duration of the appt., add it to the cost of their treatment plus extra £10 for your inconvenience. People will get used to wearing masks but some will try it on.

If I had a client who refused to comply, I’d tell them they’d lost their appointment and walk away. In the situation you encountered, I’d have refused to carry out the treatment as they should have told you beforehand that they weren’t going to wear one.

It’s your business and more importantly your health that you have to protect. Don’t be afraid to stand your ground.

I have a online form that clients fill in before their appointment, I tell them that unless they are medically exempt from wearing a mask they must wear one & if they don’t agree to wear one, i will refuse to see them. They have to tick yes to say that they agree to wear one, if they tick no to say they don’t agree to wear one for any reason other than a medical condition they must tell me why.
I have 2 clients with COPD & Emphysema & they wore a mask with no problems so surely someone with claustrophobia can wear one.

Latest posts

Back