Face of the day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilMissEmmylou

Reaction score
I see this done on a lot of blogs and thought it would be cool to try a thread here with a face of the day if anyone would be up for joining me?

I need to get WAY more practice with my make-up to learn new skills and get better at the ones I already know. I would also like the feedback of more than just my boyfriend, daughter and dog lol. My biggest fear is going bit and bright make-up! So I have gone for that look first!

Jump on the bandwaggon with me and inspire me with new things I would try?

Attachments

• playing with colour 1 small.jpg
    playing with colour 1 small.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 303
  • playing with colour 2 small.jpg
    playing with colour 2 small.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 303
Fab idea hun ... Here's a bright one from me :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361315504.054544.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361315504.054544.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 291
my challenge for myself today was to use a red lip colour rather than my usual pink/peach lip gloss!

I opted to use colours from the naked 2 set. i guess the lip colour could have gone redder but I was a little limited in what shades I had saying as I don't normally wear it lol

Attachments

• red lips small.jpg
    red lips small.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 275
my challenge for myself today was to use a red lip colour rather than my usual pink/peach lip gloss!

I opted to use colours from the naked 2 set. i guess the lip colour could have gone redder but I was a little limited in what shades I had saying as I don't normally wear it lol

My red lips are my trade mark :) maybe I would be better challenged to go nude lol

My red lips are my trade mark :) maybe I would be better challenged to go nude lol

Do it! A girl in my class at college is very into her BIG eyes and lots of colour and she had to really push herself to go for a natural look lol. Make your challenge for tomorrow to be a nude lip and then post your pic here :wink2:

I was gonna post a thread like this before but wasn't sure if anyone was interested! :)

Here's my makeup from dinner out with the family on saturday night, inspired by one of Tanya Burr's videos. Sorry they are a bit rubbish (phone cam!)

please ignore my hideously unkempt brows - I'm growing them out so I can wax them next weekend and they look a mess right now!

2013-02-23182504_zpsdaab8d33.jpg

goldgreeneye_zps491c5af8.jpg

I didnt actually see your response to this! Love the colours :D

Im actually shocked the thread isn't more popular saying as it's a forum where more people are into their make-up lol Will have to have a play tomorrow and post a new one!

i'm loving the bright eyes! i've set myself a challenge today to be more adventurous with my makeup, i was lucky enough to watch 2 complete looks put together today, one a very classic look, winged eyeliner and red lips and the other was a stunning dramatic pink and black smoky eye...made my feel very drab in comparison...can feel a shopping spree coming on!xxx

I'd love to get this makeup thread as popular as hair and nails! I have one today from a shoot, its not me though as I have a naked face today x
hybahade.jpg

dube9eze.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I see this done on a lot of blogs and thought it would be cool to try a thread here with a face of the day if anyone would be up for joining me?

I need to get WAY more practice with my make-up to learn new skills and get better at the ones I already know. I would also like the feedback of more than just my boyfriend, daughter and dog lol. My biggest fear is going bit and bright make-up! So I have gone for that look first!

Jump on the bandwaggon with me and inspire me with new things I would try?

its good to experiment don't be afraid to try new things

one thing id say is that on this you need to blend blend blend on the eyeshadows

so the colour looks less blocky

Rimmel do a great red lipstick. I'm not going to dig out my box now, but it really is pillar box red.

Most has come off in my picture, but the edges are how red it is.

And although its often a no no, I do like to mix dramatic eyes with statement lips.

Try using a charcoal colour shadow along the lash line, curve up as if following the crease but go straight up to the brow. Add a pale colour such as blue from the outside of the brow to the outside of the eye in a thick block line and blend to the hairline. Take a deeper colour such as mac pigment blue and fill in the eye up to the brow, don't leave space at the top for a lighter shade and blend into the pale colour. Re apply the charcoal heavily and slightly blend into the deep colour only enough to blur the edges.
Dark or charcoal eyeliner to upper and lower lid, a touch of the deep colour on the lower lid's inside corner and the pale on the outside, blend to the centre.
That's one of my favourites, and often do it with silver, grey and black, very dramatic, sort of morticia Addams eyes, with bright red lips. Can look amazing on the right person.

Xoxo

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365374259.864428.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365374259.864428.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 83
Rimmel do a great red lipstick. I'm not going to dig out my box now, but it really is pillar box red.

Most has come off in my picture, but the edges are how red it is.

And although its often a no no, I do like to mix dramatic eyes with statement lips.

Try using a charcoal colour shadow along the lash line, curve up as if following the crease but go straight up to the brow. Add a pale colour such as blue from the outside of the brow to the outside of the eye in a thick block line and blend to the hairline. Take a deeper colour such as mac pigment blue and fill in the eye up to the brow, don't leave space at the top for a lighter shade and blend into the pale colour. Re apply the charcoal heavily and slightly blend into the deep colour only enough to blur the edges.
Dark or charcoal eyeliner to upper and lower lid, a touch of the deep colour on the lower lid's inside corner and the pale on the outside, blend to the centre.
That's one of my favourites, and often do it with silver, grey and black, very dramatic, sort of morticia Addams eyes, with bright red lips. Can look amazing on the right person.

Xoxo

I use a red Rimmel, it's a Kate moss one cans remember name though but lasts all night and is proper Hollywood red ;)

I use a red Rimmel, it's a Kate moss one cans remember name though but lasts all night and is proper Hollywood red ;)

I know the one you mean, its not a Kate one I used but really want to try it out. I originally bought it to use on my cousin, and in her words wanted "snogged all night red" I ended up loving it so much I wore it all night and would only top hers up when it was all off haha.
Turned out we had more attention wearing red that night than any night before xoxo

I know the one you mean, its not a Kate one I used but really want to try it out. I originally bought it to use on my cousin, and in her words wanted "snogged all night red" I ended up loving it so much I wore it all night and would only top hers up when it was all off haha.
Turned out we had more attention wearing red that night than any night before xoxo

Men love big red lips! I went with a a bloke who love it so much he liked me to put it on then.....I'm gonna stop there lol

What a great thread, looking forward to seeing more pics :)

Latest posts

Back