Face primer, any recommendations?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coups103

Reaction score
Hi all

A selfish post just for me !! I am looking for a great primer , currently use bare minerals make up and their prime time primer but not that impressed !

My skin is uneven in tone and has open pores if this helps. !

Thanks x

I use elf and it really is amazing! It leaves you face feeling so silky smooth before putting on foundation :)
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

BE do more than one primer; one is particularly good for toning down redness if this a concern.......I own it, so I'll look it out later.

I use BE, and when I first tried it years ago I found enlarged pores appeared to be visible. If you take a wedge foundation sponge and smooth in a downwards movement the pores will disappear. hth,

Found it - Neutralising primer

Can I jump in please?

Do you use foundation with this product and if so what brand?

Sounds just like what I need

Thanks for replies geeks !

Tbh never thought of putting on the primer with a sponge always use my fingers !

My skins not red just got those brown marks which makes it uneven.

Can I jump in please?

Do you use foundation with this product and if so what brand?

Sounds just like what I need

Hi - I use Bare Essentials Original Mineral Foundation. They also do a matte version, but I prefer the dewier look to the original. My shade, as in avatar is Fairly Light; best to see a consultant to get your match. hth x

Prep & Prime by Mac is my favourite!!!

I have BE brightening primer and it works well, but MUFE has a awesome HD primer also. They also have a HD finishing powder that is awesome, it is super fine and doesn't settle into my lines.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Youngblood mineral primer is great! The secret weapon!

:lol:

Hi, where can I get YB primer? Thanks

Dermalogica Barrier Repair.

Not a primer as such but functions as one fantastically.

Pixiewoo girls seem to use Laura Mercia foundation primer a lot, I'm considering purchasing that one x

i've always used smash box, and find this ok

I've just discovered Estée Lauder illuminating primer. Really like it and I wear it under the double wear foundation too.

My face primer of all time is screen face. Too faced is quite nice to and Laura mercier. X

I like using the Maybelline Instant anti age "the Smoooother" :p and i ve been trying the Porefessional!! which i think is a very good primer and reduces the looks of the pores on my cheeks but not me nose... i have a very oily nose area which kinda gets more oily when i use this primer though..
I got the porefessional primer sample from a magazine a few weeks back, maybe you can get it for cheap on ebay or something? :)

Latest posts

Back