Face shield

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue atkins

Reaction score
I bought face shields and cannot see clearly through them.
can anyone recommend one with a really clear screen ?
Xx

Check that you have removed the fine protective film from the front side.

A lot of the aussie stylist have said giving it a wipe with dich soap prevents it fogging up. I havent tested it myself though. Just got my sheild today.

I’m Having the same problem. The visor isn’t optical quality - the light is scattered and I’ve got reflection and glare issues, plus microscopic scratches on mine. It didn’t have a peel off film protecting it. I’ve got some on order that I’m hoping will be better.

My visor is designed for looking down work - quite a few poke you in the chest - mine is set at a slight forward angle that makes all the difference.

I’m tilting mine forward a lot more for manis and pedis so that I don’t have to look through the visor but instead can look down (the reverse principle to pulling your glasses down your nose so that you can look over them). It still works as a sneeze guard as long as I don’t look straight at my client.

I’m going to have a complete nightmare looking through my visor for brow and lash work.

Hi I got mine from salon supplies (not Sally’s) £4.99 clear and do not fog up

Yes I agree with TheDuchess, eyelash work is not something I am looking forward to.

I am not really sure if I can get close enough without the visor getting in the way and being so close will either of us feel safe?

Its a problem with glasses for close work, have to be down the nose quite a bit to allow peeping over them for safely moving away from the client during process time. Dreading it! Oh to have 20/20 vision again.

Any suggestions ?

Can we wear safety glasses and a mask ? I have both visors and masks and will just persevere for now. I’m so happy to be starting work tomorrow ! I will keep an eye on this thread for advice can tips.

I am dreading wearing mine, I microblade and really need to be able to see properly! It’s intricate work, like lashes etc.
I can’t understand why as released by the government it seems we can do treatments with no masks for you of the client and you just in a visor.
I’ve read lots of medical articles on this, they state that a visor is secondary PPE after a mask, a visor only protects the wearer, no one else.
I think this is a disaster for health and treatments.
Does anyone feel the same.

I’ve tried a few different ones ... elastic band, headband, with/without foam padding and I’d say they best one I’ve found to be able to wear all day is the kemon for salon services, cleans really easy, hasn’t got any scratches on (yet) Has dogged a few times and hen first out on but temperature levels out under it quite quickly But I have found that if not wearing plain dark clothes with all of the visors I’ve bought it reflects on the inside

Hi Holly1991, that’s interesting about light clothing - I never thought of that! My uniform is navy, but good to know, all the same.

I’ve just received my Noel Asmar face shield.https://www.noelasmaruniforms.com/pages/wellness-face-shield

it’s a big improvement on my previous shield visibility, I’ve only used it for mani/pedi and some basic waxing but so far I’m pleased with it. It fits disconcertingly close to the face. I wear glasses which tend to slide down my nose during treatments which allows me to look over the top if I’m not doing close work. This helped a lot with the visor as it stopped my nose being flattened.

The plastic is very clear. There’s a lot of reflection and glare, but I haven’t found it to be a problem so far - I’ll keep you posted. It’s very light around the head, so it will be more comfortable if I’m warm. There’s nothing touching the forehead at all.

Guidelines for the U.K. make visors mandatory. I found wearing a mask underneath created a build up of warm moist air under the visor which makes my glasses mist up - and I can’t easily take them off in a treatment to wipe them. I’m keeping a mask in my apron pocket and popping it on for part of a treatment after quickly sanitising my gloves hands.

I would prefer to wear a mask and safety goggles instead, but that isn’t permitted at the moment in England. I think part of the protective value of PPE is that it should create a few issues for us. Otherwise we’ll be skipping around, accepting any combination of treatment bookings as if we aren’t working in close contact services during a pandemic.

Latest posts

Back