Face sun block

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeymummy

Reaction score
I am looking for a new sun block for the face.
I am faair and sensitive.

I am using dermalogica ultra sensitive faceblock, which i love as its tinted! But i dont feel spf 25 is enough ( i live near the seaside) and my freckles are making an un welcome appearance!!!

Any faves out there??

Alpha H do a moisturiser with SPF 50, it's great. Otherwise, La Roche Posay, I think you can get it in Boots now, they do lots of great skincare and sun protection. MAC also do a primer with SPF 50 and I love it, the little bottle lasts forever!

I always advise as a minimum SPF50 to all my clients in clinic. SPF25 is just not enough.

md formulations (beautybay.com) do a nice tinted suncream for the face i have in spf 30.

Clarins do an SPF50 or 30 specifically for the face.

Thank you for your replies ladies xxx

Sorry to jump in, but while on this topic, is it essential to have a separate sun block cream or lotion for the face or is the SPF in my foundation enough?
At the moment I put a sun lotion on my face before the foundation but wondering if it is necessary?

Last edited:
great question Andrea!

I do find that normal suncream can make your skin look white washed hahah!!! and makes mine a wee bit greasy, hence I asked about one for the face.
I was in Debenhams today and have a look, clarins and clinique ones showed that there were anti aging ingredieantsin them and the clinique one contained licorice, which brightens uneven skin tone.

Sorry to jump in, but while on this topic, is it essential to have a separate sun block cream or lotion for the face or is the SPF in my foundation enough?
At the moment I put a sun lotion on my face before the foundation but wondering if it is necessary?

This depends really. Does your moisturiser have spf? Are you talking just everyday or when on holiday? Do you spend much time outside during the day?

Why don't you try the Dermalogica super sensitive face block which is SPF 30? I burn very easily on my face but with this I don't and you can use it as your daytime moisturiser as it doesn't feel sticky or heavy.

Also for day to day use a foundation with SPF is ok but I would still use a moisturiser with an SPF too first. In the sun you defiantly need a more specified in sun cream not just a moisturiser with SPF and use at least a factor 30 and apply a teaspoon amount for the face and a shot glass amount for the body and make sure you reapply regularly!

This depends really. Does your moisturiser have spf? Are you talking just everyday or when on holiday? Do you spend much time outside during the day?

I am talking about everyday. My moisturiser doesn't have an spf and I do spend quite a lot of time outside during the day. I might try one of the face blocks recommended on this thread.
Currently I just use a normal sun cream for my face after I put my moisturiser on but it does feel really greasy.

I am talking about everyday. My moisturiser doesn't have an spf and I do spend quite a lot of time outside during the day. I might try one of the face blocks recommended on this thread.
Currently I just use a normal sun cream for my face after I put my moisturiser on but it does feel really greasy.

If you are outside a lot during the day i would definitely recommend that you use a seperate one other than your foundation. Maybe a primer with a high SPF would be a good option for you as you won't get that greasy feeling and your foundation will stay put all day.

Latest posts

Back