Face treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsXpress

Reaction score
Are we definitely going ahead with face treatments from Saturday. I don’t want to be cancelling appointments again.

The government might let us know on Friday? I can't believe NHBF and BABTAC haven't had more information about whether they are still lobbying the government and what the roadmap is if it gets delayed again. 🙄

No, that date 15th August is for the next update, not a restart date. I not bothering booking anyone in yet as it's more work for me rearranging and it's annoying the clients who deal I messing them.

I agree New Spa, I’m not booking anyone in again until we have a definite go ahead. I also though NHBF would have got an update for us. But I guess it’s down to the government giving info out in the first place. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow we will find out.

Me too. Not booking any face treatments until we are definitely reopen.
Are we allowed to do indian head massage or hopi ear candles now?

Apparently there is an announcement tomorrow like there was on the 31st July. Can’t see face treatments reopening yet with the high increase in cases but who knows. If we can reopen, I don’t see the point in waiting 2 weeks in the first place, hasn’t changed anything.

BBC breaking news says close contact services resume on Saturday...

I read that face coverings are optional? It is all so confusing x

Attachments

• 117596004_625609875024224_8691376893406574840_n.jpg
    117596004_625609875024224_8691376893406574840_n.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 61
I read that face coverings are optional? It is all so confusing x
The link in my post above shows the updated guidance from last night.
Masks were also made mandatory for clients last weekend x

Last edited:
Unless you work in the Greater Manchester area like myself, who still cannot begin Face Treatments. Government restrictions are still in place as of the update yesterday.

The link in my post above shows the updated guidance from last night.
Masks were also made mandatory for clients last weekend x

This was on the BBC yesterday. I am not saying what you have said is wrong I just find everything so conflicting. I have no idea if it is mandatory for my clients to wear a mask or if it is me that has to wear one. I mean I do anyway but I would be hard pushed to service all my clients with them wearing a mask x

Clients need to wear a mask, but it can be removed for treatment. We need to wear mask and visor xx

This was on the BBC yesterday. I am not saying what you have said is wrong I just find everything so conflicting. I have no idea if it is mandatory for my clients to wear a mask or if it is me that has to wear one. I mean I do anyway but I would be hard pushed to service all my clients with them wearing a mask x
It is mandatory from the 8th August for clients to wear a mask & remove it only when necessary for treatment.
For us, hairdressers & beauty, from tomorrow it is mandatory to wear a surgical type 2 mask & visor.
It can be confusing when everything changes so suddenly, have pulled this all from the gov uk website. Hope that helps x

It is mandatory from the 8th August for clients to wear a mask & remove it only when necessary for treatment.
For us, hairdressers & beauty, from tomorrow it is mandatory to wear a surgical type 2 mask & visor.
It can be confusing when everything changes so suddenly, have pulled this all from the gov uk website. Hope that helps x
I’m still a bit dubious to do all face treatments and thought I’d start with eye treatments first so my clients can still wear a mask.
I wanted to change how I do eyelash tints to make them more Covid safe and wondered what your thoughts were?
Should I use a special cleanser on their eyes first and would it be best to use disposable brushes? Also what is the safest way to clean the dappen dishes afterwards?

I’m still a bit dubious to do all face treatments and thought I’d start with eye treatments first so my clients can still wear a mask.
I wanted to change how I do eyelash tints to make them more Covid safe and wondered what your thoughts were?
Should I use a special cleanser on their eyes first and would it be best to use disposable brushes? Also what is the safest way to clean the dappen dishes afterwards?
You have to do what is comfortable for you so just starting with the basic eye treatments is a good place to start.
I have bought some disposable brushes & to be honest they’re not great, have about 5 hairs on the brush so not 100% sure how they will work in practice. I have done eyelash tints using a cotton bud before which worked fine so maybe worth trying with that.
I would say just wipe over with your usual eye cleanser, wipe over a couple of times.
Dapper dishes, wipe out tint with a tissue, wash in soapy water then spray or wipe with barbicide or mundo.

You have to do what is comfortable for you so just starting with the basic eye treatments is a good place to start.
I have bought some disposable brushes & to be honest they’re not great, have about 5 hairs on the brush so not 100% sure how they will work in practice. I have done eyelash tints using a cotton bud before which worked fine so maybe worth trying with that.
I would say just wipe over with your usual eye cleanser, wipe over a couple of times.
Dapper dishes, wipe out tint with a tissue, wash in soapy water then spray or wipe with barbicide or mundo.
@Enchantedbeauty thank you!
And thanks for the advice about the brushes, will give cotton buds a try.
Hope all is going well for you!

I am asking my eyelash/facial clients to arrive with a freshly washed face and zero make-up wherever possible. Plus , fresh mask too. I will cleanse the area with just a simple kaeso toner and then proceed. Obviously if they come with make-up on then there is eye make-up remover, then toner.
Wash your hands before and after cleansing, and then after application, and after removal. Step aside during the tint developing procedure.
I use disposable lip brushes and they are quite good at loading tint on and and for vaseline application.
I have disposable cups made from a paper product, only small that you would find for ketchup in fast food outlets. (from a catering outlet) Or I do exactly what Enchanting Beauty does with the dappen dish. Perfectly acceptable.

I am asking my eyelash/facial clients to arrive with a freshly washed face and zero make-up wherever possible. Plus , fresh mask too. I will cleanse the area with just a simple kaeso toner and then proceed. Obviously if they come with make-up on then there is eye make-up remover, then toner.
Wash your hands before and after cleansing, and then after application, and after removal. Step aside during the tint developing procedure.
I use disposable lip brushes and they are quite good at loading tint on and and for vaseline application.
I have disposable cups made from a paper product, only small that you would find for ketchup in fast food outlets. (from a catering outlet) Or I do exactly what Enchanting Beauty does with the dappen dish. Perfectly acceptable.
That’s a good idea with the disposable cups. Save a bit of time!

Latest posts

Back