Facebook account cloned

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
Hi all. Yesterday someone cloned my personal FB account and 'reported' a page under the guise of being me.

I couldn't work it out at first as I was frantic that they would think I'd do that but then I was told how they do it. They simply right click on your cover photo and right click on your profile pic, then they register a new FB account with your same username but of course they use a different email address. That explains why I've had no correspondence from Facebook about my 'report' because the imposter got the email.

So beware guys because apart from creating havoc, they friend request people and use their info. xox

What the...?!
Why would people want to cause such malice

Hope you got it sorted Kim x

Well my experience and years tell me that there's usually jealousy and their own insecurities at the bottom of it.

I was surprised that FB got back to me at all but they said they take account cloning as a serious matter. Catfish! Lol

You know me, tough as old boots so I'm fine now:) X

Well my experience and years tell me that there's usually jealousy and their own insecurities at the bottom of it.

I was surprised that FB got back to me at all but they said they take account cloning as a serious matter. Catfish! Lol

You know me, tough as old boots so I'm fine now:) X
Omg Kim so sorry to hear that. Anything like this just feels like such a personal violation. Sending you virtual hugs xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well the plot thickens Vic because the person claiming that I'd reported something on their page was lying. I've just been told that Facebook do not divulge who did the reporting so not only did they clone my account but they faked it into the post to give everyone the impression it was me.

Confused? Me too.........lol xx

Flipping heck how do you follow that one? Good luck getting sorted x

The local avon group had this happen to them yesterday too! I diddnt see any of the posts but I had an email in my inbox saying avon had tagged me in a post about a sexy lady doing sexy stuff or something! So I looked at the actual page & the real owner had posted a bunch of posts apologising to everyone involved! I diddnt get a notification via the app tho just email so not entirely sure how they sorted it after

Lots of hugs Kim, xxx

Aw thanks for the good wishes; I'd actually forgotten all about this.

Well it seems that my Facebook account wasn't cloned after all. Facebook have confirmed this and they confirmed that it wasn't my account that reported something and that they never divulge who has made a report anyway.

So in a nutshell, the person who copied my homepage and posted it announcing to their closed group members that I'd reported something was a big fat liar. xx

lol im really confused but get the jist of it... omg isn't there such wierdos in this world?

Latest posts

Back