Facebook Advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv Lashes

Reaction score
I have been approached by Facebook regarding advertising
Has anyone advertised on Facebook and does it work?

You have not been approached by Facebook!

Facebook never approach companies about advertising, infact they will only physically talk to you if you are looking at spending over £2,000 a month on advertising!

You have been approached by a company who is calling "on behalf of Facebook". They are going to try and sell you advertising for more then it is worth!

You can create and manage all your own Ad's on Facebook very easily - I do myself. You can target who you want, in the areas you want. You don't need to pay a company to do it for you - they will most likely rip you off!

To find out how to do you own advertising on Facebook please look here on Facebook.

You have not been approached by Facebook!

Facebook never approach companies about advertising, infact they will only physically talk to you if you are looking at spending over £2,000 a month on advertising!

You have been approached by a company who is calling "on behalf of Facebook". They are going to try and sell you advertising for more then it is worth!

You can create and manage all your own Ad's on Facebook very easily - I do myself. You can target who you want, in the areas you want. You don't need to pay a company to do it for you - they will most likely rip you off!

To find out how to do you own advertising on Facebook please look here on Facebook.

I was approached by "Facebook" luckily this site saved me from spending £149 a month for 3 months. Do you ever click on any of the adverts? Or do you like many others use it on you phone, iPhone, ipad ect where you can't even see the ads! I'd be wary about using the company who have approached you x

Hello Fozzyo I'm NOT very good at IT so hope you can guide me in the right direction, do you know how I go about personalising my business FB page? I have seen on some Timeline pages they have really funky sale logos on there main picture promoting their offers.. where do I down load the Apps to do this and is it free on FB ? I've checked on your clink and I couldn't see where I could do this? Thank you L x

I have been approached by Facebook regarding advertising
Has anyone advertised on Facebook and does it work?

DONT DO IT!! Its a big con, I stupidly got roped into it thinking I was paying £69 for 1 month of advertising, I thought well I'm just starting out and it would be good to get new customers as a one off. What actually happened was that it was a running contract, they took a second payment the following month, then when I realised and contacted them I was told that I needed to give 30 days notice to cancel which meant I had to pay them for a third month. For £207 for 3 months of advertising, I never got 1 phone call or contact from anyone who had seen the ad. A very harsh and expensive lesson to learn! Its so easy to be naive and get sucked in :(

I saw a comment from one geek that I have now drummed into my head - 'dont call me, I'll call you'.

As said above Facebook and companies 'on behalf of Facebook' are very different things! Facebook allows you to specify who will see your add, if you want to pay per view or click and even let's you set the limit of how much your wanting to cap your spend at. Simple, easy to control advertising!

I have had many rude phone calls from these idiots before, telling me my business would go no where and I would totally fail and not get custom without using them. He also said i was stuck up and on my high horse. I couldn't believe that this man rang me up and was so rude. I ended up having a really big argument with him before and told him to never call again! Maybe not as polite as that, but he asked for it.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back