Facebook advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pure*

Reaction score
Hay guys, so I’m just about to take over a beauty business. They have a Facebook page but it is linked to the currents owners personal account. Is there anyway that I can de link the business page from her personal account or do I have to create a whole new Facebook page? Don’t really want to start again as it has all the reviews and likes. Xxx

Hay guys, so I’m just about to take over a beauty business. They have a Facebook page but it is linked to the currents owners personal account. Is there anyway that I can de link the business page from her personal account or do I have to create a whole new Facebook page? Don’t really want to start again as it has all the reviews and likes. Xxx

Personally I think you should start a new one and follow all their likers. If you take over their facebook page, they need to add you as an admin but that means you can then deal with all their s**t if they have had any issues. Eg unhappy client complaint messages..

If you don’t mind that then go for it. I suppose if you are keeping everything the same including business name it makes sense..but if not it might be good to look new. Could always get them to add you anyway (they may not want to if they plan to go self employed so they can keep the clients and as it’s theirs not much you can do) then post about your new page or new management.

You should be able to add yourself as an admin and then remove them - assuming it's a proper business page x

Makes sense to take on the Facebook page with all it’s followers. There is an option to hand over to you if it’s a business page and they have to do this.

Once you have it, go through all the settings to make sure they are as you want them. Eg allowing anyone to post comments on your posts, or not!

Thanks, managed to change the admin on it to me!

Latest posts

Back