Facebook - 'likes' how does it work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Studio58

Reaction score
We are venturing into the world of facebook with a page for one aspect of our business.

Whilst we are pretty clued up on SEO and the like for our websites facebook is a different matter!

To try and keep this as brief as possible - if somebody 'likes' our facebook page what are the benefits to us in terms of 'reach' or exposure to others?

Do the 'friends' of the person who 'liked' us see the 'like'?
Once a person has 'liked' us will they and their friends see future posts from us? Or does somebody need to be a 'friend' to see our posts?

If somebody accepts a friend request from us, will their friends then see our posts as well as them?

Does that all make sense??!

Any guidance appreciated!

Matt

It is against Facebook rules to have a 'person' for business use.

With the 'like' page, as soon as someone presses that like button your posts will come up on their news feed. The page will then be visible on the persons profile for their friends to see.

Does that make any sense?
Rhiannon x

That makes sense yes! Thank you.

We know about the facebook rule, so it is a seperate business page

You're welcome, I've had quite a few new likes and even clients through noticing me on their friends profile so its a good tool to have.
Rhiannon x

Yes I'm sure it will be a useful marketing tool.

We are just about to start email marketing to our contact list. This has over 500 people, so we are going to put an incentive (something free) in the email to like our page, so hopefully it will generate some interest

Matt

Good luck with it :)
Rhiannon x

Latest posts

Back