Facebook notifications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I post on my Facebook page a couple of times a week but my sister has said she hasn't seen any posts for months.

I was wondering if anyone had a picture encouraging people to tick get notifications?

Would you do a picture like that as a paid post? X

I belong to a Facebook Marketing Group. The suggestion there is post a picture from your computer file. Write a call to action! What do you want from your followers. Ask them to like your pictures! Ask them what they want to see from you! If you just post a picture without directing them they won't know what to do.
Also, Facebook does not put all your post out there. Facebook wants interaction. You need to give value. Get "Likes" and Facebook will "Like"you! I hope this helps... Have you thought about a blog... talk about the trends and what's happening!!

Yours In Service,
Kathleen

Hey kahuna it may be worthwhile to get the help of a social media expert, I'm sure they would be able to merge all those accounts and transfer over your likes and take all your data eg photos contacts etc and put them in a file for you so you don't lose them.

I was lucky one of my customers does that and did a fab job about a year ago, she has a social media business and does workshops and talks on all this stuff... I'm sure she wouldn't mind me sharing her details with you if you want?
I would love that! :) thank you!

And you're not allowed to use before and afters - that's half my pics out then!
I didn't know that, I often use a collage app to include 2 or 3 pics and one of them is usually a before, have never had one removed!

I didn't know that, I often use a collage app to include 2 or 3 pics and one of them is usually a before, have never had one removed!
Have you ever tried to promote one @daydreams01? That's where I've had problems.

Vic x

Have you ever tried to promote one @daydreams01? That's where I've had problems.

Vic x
I just checked back through my page as couldn't remember and I found one in summer which was a colour correction from blonde back to dark so I had about 6 pics of the process and one was a before but I didn't put before and after on the pics and it went out fine. I think that is the only one, the rest were just posted on the page normally, I hadn't done many boosts before that but it is something I want to do more of.

That's interesting. I did an amazing treatment and posted the pics with some content like 'amazing results with silhouette dermalift ' and it was refused as our showed before and after. I might have another go!

Does anyone know if when you boost a post it is good to have interests included or not? At the mo I have interests set to hair, fashion, shopping,tanning but wondered if it might reach more people if I didn't bother put any on at all?

I would also be interested to know that too @daydreams01,and who do you target your posts at? Likes of the page and their friends or people you choose through targeting and then tag all the areas that you cover (if mobile)?

I would also be interested to know that too @daydreams01,and who do you target your posts at? Likes of the page and their friends or people you choose through targeting and then tag all the areas that you cover (if mobile)?
I have targeted people by area, women only age 18-60. I haven't done much but decided to try and boost one post for a couple of days every few weeks to see how it goes.

I give up with fb boosting. Just had my boost refused as it violates rules for 'profane language and addresses age, name, gender or sexual orientation'. I have no clue what they are on about, it was a collage of Brazilian blowdry pics and in my post I was just describing benefits of keratin blowdry! Not quite sure what they found offensive. One of the pics was a before treatment but I didn't write before and after and that wasn't why they said it got turned down. The mind boggles!

I give up with fb boosting. Just had my boost refused as it violates rules for 'profane language and addresses age, name, gender or sexual orientation'. I have no clue what they are on about, it was a collage of Brazilian blowdry pics and in my post I was just describing benefits of keratin blowdry! Not quite sure what they found offensive. One of the pics was a before treatment but I didn't write before and after and that wasn't why they said it got turned down. The mind boggles!
Maybe they thought it was a different kind of Brazilian lol x

Depending on your Facebook posts (if they have photos, videos, uniqueness of messages), how well your followers engage in your posts (likes, messages, posts on your wall, etc), both individually and as a whole, will determine how much exposure you get with your followers.

Paying for a boost of exposure can help, but buying likes that have very little future engagements (likes, comments, etc) can actually hurt you in the long run.

I always recommend watching these two videos to give you a batter idea how Facebook works, especially before you consider buying likes:

Hey kahuna it may be worthwhile to get the help of a social media expert, I'm sure they would be able to merge all those accounts and transfer over your likes and take all your data eg photos contacts etc and put them in a file for you so you don't lose them.

I was lucky one of my customers does that and did a fab job about a year ago, she has a social media business and does workshops and talks on all this stuff... I'm sure she wouldn't mind me sharing her details with you if you want?

@Loveleelady my Facebook profile has temporarily been disabled, as it was a personal profile with a business page. Can't get acess to either, been a nightmare. Please can you send the details of your friend? X

@Loveleelady my Facebook profile has temporarily been disabled, as it was a personal profile with a business page. Can't get acess to either, been a nightmare. Please can you send the details of your friend? X

Hi yes I'm sure she would be happy for me to share her name is Aine Bermingham and her business is Utter Digital she's on twitter facebook and has a website... I don't think she would be that expensive to fix that problem for you

Hi All,

Just to clarify for everyone, @HannahJane90 is absolutely right that Facebook treats Business Pages different to Personal pages and will only show a small percentage of your posts to your audience (people that have liked or commented or shared your stuff). The actual percentage that is shared is linked to the level of 'engagement' that you get from your audience - the lowest is about 3% and the highest about 30%. This means that if your audience regularly likes, comment and shares your posts your shared percentage will increase. This way Facebook rewards those Business Pages that are really using the system to build a community - and yes so they can sell more advertising space, but they are a business too!

There are ways that you can improve things though:-

(1) Boost a Post - This has already been mentioned here, but it is a great way to increase your reach and can be done for very little money. One of the best things about Facebook promotion/advertising is that you can be highly focused on who your post is displayed to using the demographic settings to make sure the people who see it are the people you want to see it. You can even use Facebook Insights to see who your focus audience is!

(2) Once you have boosted a post, people will like that post, but there is a really simple way to increase engagement here and "show off" to Facebook. There is a bit to explain about this, but basically you can invite people who have liked your post to like your page with a single click and Facebook sees this as further engagement. I have mapped it all out for you here: Get More Facebook Likes and Engagement.

(3) Do what you can to make your posts more 'shareable' - The more your stuff is shared, the more it is engaged with and the more people see it - are you getting the theme here? In your posts, ask questions, share images, run competitions (be careful here) and just do whatever you can think of to get people to respond in some way to your posts, this will all help increase your share rate.

It is a good point about Facebook's policy on images and I can see that this affects our industry in an unfairly negative way. I am going to look in to this and figure out ways to deal with it. I too was affected by their "too much of the image is wording" policy which does seem a little strange. I found ways around it by using multiple fonts and placing image objects slightly over the words so that it was still obvious to a person reading it what it said, but the algorithms that Facebook use did not detect it as wording? The image on THIS PAGE is a good example. I used two different fonts and overlapped them slightly and when I posted and boosted on Facebook . . . I was fine!

Hope some of this helps

-Adam

Latest posts

Back