Facebook notifications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
I post on my Facebook page a couple of times a week but my sister has said she hasn't seen any posts for months.

I was wondering if anyone had a picture encouraging people to tick get notifications?

Would you do a picture like that as a paid post? X

Go onto @Verve Designs facebook page, a while ago he did a pic we could have for free (needs to exclusively be free to re use mind so pick the right one) it gives steps on the pic of how to follow etc

I've just been on another post where their talking about a group instead of a page, I might do this as my page reach is usually about 3-8 and I have quite a lot of likes that don't see my posts at all in comparison pees me off tbh, I have to post on all 3 "pages" (long story but I have to have 3) then I share it on my profile wall, it takes forever, in a group everyone would see straight away :) I think anyway lol

I heard that when you have a facebook business page, facebook will only share it to about 5% of your followers. This is to make you pay for advertising, when you post something it gives you a button saying 'boost post' and that is something you have to pay for.

I did an advertisement for Halloween just to see if it works. It cost me £20 and by the next day I had Halloween fully booked! With all new clients too, it really worked for me!

I am staying away from the group thing as all I see is MLM products being advertised and they ALWAYS add me to the group just because I am a Beauty Therapist. Rages me!

H x

Hi all- I have a Facebook page however when I tag my clients in photos it doesn't show up on their newsfeed even thought it shows on my pictures they are tagged in the photo...... I thought it may be privacy settings from their end but it turns out its not. Does anyone know how to solve this? Thanks x

@Kat205
Hi, I know that you can set your personal settings to review when someone tags you in a pic, so it wouldn't show up unless they approve the tag, maybe it's that? X

I know that's what I thought but apparently not according to the people who I tag xx

I just did my first paid post and have a booking already - within about 3 minutes. I may do it once a week for bit, it'll be worth it if it gets bookings :)

Plus it's $5 that converts at like £3 right?!!! X

I love it! I'm doing it once a month for my special offers! ;)

H x

I know that's what I thought but apparently not according to the people who I tag xx

Facebook is so hard isn't it! It seems to get harder and harder to reach people with pages

I just did my first paid post and have a booking already - within about 3 minutes. I may do it once a week for bit, it'll be worth it if it gets bookings :)

Plus it's $5 that converts at like £3 right?!!! X

I definitely need to rethink how I do paid posts, they never seem to work for me but get great feedback elsewhere... I'm going to get my thinking cap on!

Hi all- I have a Facebook page however when I tag my clients in photos it doesn't show up on their newsfeed even thought it shows on my pictures they are tagged in the photo...... I thought it may be privacy settings from their end but it turns out its not. Does anyone know how to solve this? Thanks x
If you have a business page you can't tag people. If you have a personal page and are using it for business you need to be very careful as Facebook can close them down with no warning at all.

Vic x

I definitely need to rethink how I do paid posts, they never seem to work for me but get great feedback elsewhere... I'm going to get my thinking cap on!
Let me know if you need any help! My last post got me 10,000 views and only cost me £20 :) x

I literally did the cheapest one - changed the setting to target only women aged 18 - 55. I've had 1 booking, 400 views, 3 shares since I did it earlier.
Will definitely be doing this again!! Xx

Regarding using profiles as business pages, save yourself the bother and just get a proper page, I had mine taken off me because I used a profile as well as my page, it's been a nightmare to be honest, I had to set up a new to file and be a new admin to my actual page, because of the muck up I now have 3 pages connected to one so every time I post I have to post on every page, I can't merge them because I loose all my likers, I lost all my overseas hairdresser friends & every group id joined, every photo well everything! :( I couldn't get any readable data to be able to re add anything I'd previously had... That's why I wonder are you really allowed to have a group for your business, I wouldn't risk loosing all my data again

I had my profile converted to a page by facebook and just merged it with my original page and all the likes /friends just all merged into likes I didn't lose anyone.

The annoying thing about a page is they want you to pay for adverts to advertise your business but then don't approve the ad you make cos it's got more than 25% text in it, Its barmy, it's an advert, of course it will have text in it, if your paying for the advert I don't get why they have a problem with it! #rantover!

The annoying thing about a page is they want you to pay for adverts to advertise your business but then don't approve the ad you make cos it's got more than 25% text in it, Its barmy, it's an advert, of course it will have text in it, if your paying for the advert I don't get why they have a problem with it! #rantover!
And you're not allowed to use before and afters - that's half my pics out then!

And you're not allowed to use before and afters - that's half my pics out then!

That's crazy! I didn't know that! I've been reported 3 times for having a pic of someone's tan line and Facebook took the pics down every time! Said it was nudity... It was literally just close ups of the side of a hip, seen far wore on there

Regarding using profiles as business pages, save yourself the bother and just get a proper page, I had mine taken off me because I used a profile as well as my page, it's been a nightmare to be honest, I had to set up a new to file and be a new admin to my actual page, because of the muck up I now have 3 pages connected to one so every time I post I have to post on every page, I can't merge them because I loose all my likers, I lost all my overseas hairdresser friends & every group id joined, every photo well everything! :( I couldn't get any readable data to be able to re add anything I'd previously had... That's why I wonder are you really allowed to have a group for your business, I wouldn't risk loosing all my data again

Hey kahuna it may be worthwhile to get the help of a social media expert, I'm sure they would be able to merge all those accounts and transfer over your likes and take all your data eg photos contacts etc and put them in a file for you so you don't lose them.

I was lucky one of my customers does that and did a fab job about a year ago, she has a social media business and does workshops and talks on all this stuff... I'm sure she wouldn't mind me sharing her details with you if you want?

Latest posts

Back