Facebook raffles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Severnrose

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)
Has anyone ever run a raffle on Facebook? I had never thought of this until I saw someone do it the other day but now I can't find what page it was!
Basically I'm trying to work out how I can raffle off a Spray Tan. Hopefully I will gain some extra Likers on my page and also raise enough money to pay for the tan. I'm guessing I would have to collect payments from everyone via PayPal?
If anyone has done this or has any advise please share :)

Thanks x

I know you have to be really careful with raffles in Facebook and have to put some kind of disclaimer saying it's nothing to do with Facebook. I vaguely remember you can't use terms like 'when I reach so many likes I will give away something' etc. You'd probably find it if you do a search through Facebook itself or maybe google. There are also pages that help promote small local business, usually mainly crafty ones but I'm sure they would help you out especially with questions about raffles etc. My friends runs her business through it very successfully and uses paypal to issue invoices and collect payment.
Hope that helps 😊

For all likes to my Facebook page, automatically enters people into a monthly draw of a 50% voucher for hair services. Some may think this is a lot but it get me likes and customers and works really well for me. I tell people about this on my website and in salon.

For all likes to my Facebook page, automatically enters people into a monthly draw of a 50% voucher for hair services. Some may think this is a lot but it get me likes and customers and works really well for me. I tell people about this on my website and in salon.

This is a good idea :) think it works well for a salon but I am mobile and have some Likers from areas that are 'near' here but I try not to cover as not worth my while going there due to time and petrol costs so I wouldn't want any of those to ever win the 50% off!

I know you have to be really careful with raffles in Facebook and have to put some kind of disclaimer saying it's nothing to do with Facebook. I vaguely remember you can't use terms like 'when I reach so many likes I will give away something' etc. You'd probably find it if you do a search through Facebook itself or maybe google. There are also pages that help promote small local business, usually mainly crafty ones but I'm sure they would help you out especially with questions about raffles etc. My friends runs her business through it very successfully and uses paypal to issue invoices and collect payment.
Hope that helps 😊

Thanks for your reply, there are loads of things you can't do on Facebook that I think people don't know about! Think we all just tend to take our chances and hope that it goes unnoticed :) I think the obvious answer is a PayPal payment for the raffles but I really want info from someone who has actually done one so maybe I will contact a local craft site like you say and see if they can help. Thanks :)

I am surprised no one on here has done one as there seem to be so many business promotion ideas flying around on here x

Latest posts

Back