Facebook rating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle0904

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

anyone know how the facebook rating works?

I had one review with a 5 star rating, however the stars underneath my facebook name was only 4 so have been confused for a while how this could be, I just accidentally hovered over the stars and a rating box came up saying 7 ratings , one person had rated 1 star, this is definitely not anyone I could have done as they would never have come back if that's what they thought

is there know way of finding out who has rated me ?

I have no idea but interested in knowing this too.
Is it a Facebook page or group you have?

Me too, I found this also and was dissappointed to see some one stars, when I know the 2 clients I have ever had that werent happy aren 't even on facebook! Really upsetting! (Completely overlooked the 64 5 star ratings to the few 1 stars, typical female! Haha)

I had someone give me a 3 star which is by no means bad but when I have straight 5s it stood out like a sore thumb and didn't help that she'd left no explanation. I have put her hair up once well over two years ago and she loved it, I couldn't rest so I got in touch and asked not why has she rated so low but if there's anything I can improve on. Long story short there was no substance to her rating and she said if it popped up again she would change it to 5. I think every now and again facebook asks people if they want to rate the page and some people do their ratings on the page not your work or your business if that makes sense? She never changed her 3 stars but I have 5 under my name again as more people have rated since then.
I find it irritating that we are not given a notification when people leave ratings

People click buttons on Facebook without thinking all the time. There in social mode. I wouldn't put the star rating on unless your perfect (which unfortunately isn't humanly possible) or can get hundreds ratings quickly to over shadow any 3's or 4's.

Look at trip advisor hotels. You can please everyone. I'm going to Egypt. 98-99% rate hotel fantastic. Yet there's still a handful of 1 star reviews. Can't please everyone.

People click buttons on Facebook without thinking all the time. There in social mode.

This was exactly what had irritated me... Them stars aren't a game they are my business!

Last edited by a moderator:
People click buttons on Facebook without thinking all the time. There in social mode.

This was exactly what had irritated me... Them stars aren't a game they are my business!

People just don't think.
Main reason i see Facebook as a communications tool for my clients. Not a marketing tool. Facebook is for being social. For now anyway. Many people know my views on Facebook annoying users with the way more adverts are being shoved in your face.

I did this once by accident, was scrolling through a page on Touch screen and if you touch the rating bar it automatically starts moving the stars, no clicking or anything. You can't Undo it either or leave no stars, you basically have to leave a rating. Think this is really bad on fb part but that's facebook for you!! (I did message vendor to apologise!!) I'm now really really careful not to touch the stars if I'm not leaving a rating.

Thanks geeks

I know it's silly but I'm fuming about it, so to avoid feeling like this again I've removed the whole rating thing altogether

Very sensible! I hate fb.

People click buttons on Facebook without thinking all the time. There in social mode. I wouldn't put the star rating on unless your perfect (which unfortunately isn't humanly possible) or can get hundreds ratings quickly to over shadow any 3's or 4's.

Look at trip advisor hotels. You can please everyone. I'm going to Egypt. 98-99% rate hotel fantastic. Yet there's still a handful of 1 star reviews. Can't please everyone.

So right here - same with our holiday this year, I was dubious about booking, and it was fantastic - but you're right there's always a handful of moaners no matter what you do

Someone suggested there are freaks out there jealous by what others are doing and try to sabotage their businesses

Scary but true :(

I have 60 ratings on my page but I'm at 4 stars! Another salon in the town has 7 ratings and they r at 5 stars!! :/ it really doesn't make sense!
However I noticed in my ratings even some of my friends have rated my page 1 stars!!! Which has dropped my overall ratings down, so I've obviously called them up and gone mental... But they've always said they havnt done it!!! So I do think it must ask ppl to rate it and ppl just don't realise!!??, it's not right tho!!!

Nicola! Xxx

I have 60 ratings on my page but I'm at 4 stars! Another salon in the town has 7 ratings and they r at 5 stars!! :/ it really doesn't make sense!
However I noticed in my ratings even some of my friends have rated my page 1 stars!!! Which has dropped my overall ratings down, so I've obviously called them up and gone mental... But they've always said they havnt done it!!! So I do think it must ask ppl to rate it and ppl just don't realise!!??, it's not right tho!!!

Nicola! Xxx

It goes on what the ratings are not how many you have x

Someone once messaged me saying sorry and that they'd gone to look at my page (and I think because of how it appears on mobile) accidentally gave me a 1star rating without meaning to rate/review at all just look, and asked if I could remove it!! Oh yes, because Facebook would let Pages doctor their own ratings like that wouldn't they! -.- at least she apologised though x

I did this once by accident, was scrolling through a page on Touch screen and if you touch the rating bar it automatically starts moving the stars, no clicking or anything. You can't Undo it either or leave no stars, you basically have to leave a rating. Think this is really bad on fb part but that's facebook for you!! (I did message vendor to apologise!!) I'm now really really careful not to touch the stars if I'm not leaving a rating.
I did this snooping on a competitors page! Was just scrolling and touched the stars by mistake. Couldn't take it off had to leave 5 stars or would have thought it was sabotage :-/ xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did this snooping on a competitors page! Was just scrolling and touched the stars by mistake. Couldn't take it off had to leave 5 stars or would have thought it was sabotage :-/ xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I always do that!! Soo embarasing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

It goes on what the ratings are not how many you have x

Yeah I know that?! I'm saying I've got 60 ratings and most are 4/5 stars with a few ratings that r less than 3 stars.. It just doesn't even itself out I don't think

My mother in law accidentally left me a one star rating! And we have no idea how to change it :( oh well... The rest are all 5 stars so it looks a bit odd! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah one of my competitors left me one star. Complete sabotage considering I had all 5 stars and then all of a sudden it dropped. I was able to click on it and see who had made it drop to see a girl that I knew, who recently qualified as an extensionist rated me 1 star! So rude but it just shows that she was maybe threatened because my work looked better than hers! I would never stoop that low. Particularly because when she qualified I messaged her wishing her all the luck in the world!

Latest posts

Back