Facebook slander

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Hey guys I've had to get rid of a self employed member of staff for bad mouthing the salon, lying and general bad behaviour.

Today a group of her friends (outspoken bolshy girls who like drama ) have completely ripped my salon apart on social media. What can I do? Xx

Report to Facebook as it’s slander & reputation at stake & they take it seriously these days

Screen shot it and ask her to delete it before you take legal action.

If they’ve posted statements that are factually incorrect and with the intention to damage your business reputation then you can sue them for defamation. As above, take screen shots first then ask them to delete their posts and to post a retraction explaining that their posts were untrue. Otherwise you will sue each of them for libel.

Hopefully, people are finally wising up to the fact that there are consequences to be faced when social media is used to spread malicious lies and gossip.

If they’ve posted statements that are factually incorrect and with the intention to damage your business reputation then you can sue them for defamation. As above, take screen shots first then ask them to delete their posts and to post a retraction explaining that their posts were untrue. Otherwise you will sue each of them for libel.

Hopefully, people are finally wising up to the fact that there are consequences to be faced when social media is used to spread malicious lies and gossip.
What they have said is vile! And one was on a public forum!

Thankyou x

Hey guys I've had together rid of a self employed member of staff for bad mouthing the salon, lying and general bad behaviour.

Today a group of her friends (outspoken bolshy girls who like drama ) have completely ripped my salon apart on social media. What can I do? Xx

I know only too well the damage. I had a girl I went to school with start dragging my business through the mud on there on my birthday last year. She hadn't even visited for a treatment! Just decided I was happy and she wanted to tear me down. There were around 20-30 people I knew that joined in. It was so bad that i was getting messages on my personal page from strangers passing messages on. Bad enough the police ended up involved. Bad enough that I ended up not being able to work and dosed up by my doctor because I thought my life was over. I couldn't even go outside for six months because I was a wreck.

Do NOT reply to her. Do NOT entertain a thought about it. Do NOT even go on there. For a week at least don't even use it. Remove anything you have already written about it. Remove the ability for them to comment on and share your page.

You can NOT let this get to you. I never want anyone to feel the way I did. She took a year of my life that I won't get back.

You have done nothing wrong. They are dealing with their own sh*t by doing this to you. This is not a reflection of you, your work or your business.

Legally, you can't do anything (I had some wonderful police officers helping me) unless it's on your personal page. It's not slander. It is, however libel. You can sue her (and anyone else involved), for writing -save everything- untrue things, personal damage (in my case that would be time off work, medications and the total Loss of income for the year based on last year, for you it would need to be worked out how far the posts are reaching and how many potential clients could be put off) but it will be at personal cost to you. Against a girl with no job. Which probably won't end up with great results. But I was never strong enough to do it. When I look back, none of my clients or potential clients were put off. I mean who would care when she obviously had it in for me and was less than eloquent. I actually gained many that were also bullied by her too.

Look after yourself xxx

Last edited:
Thankyou so so much for your post!

This girl I had working alongside me is self employed and at first seemed lovely!
& Is now we'll on her way to ruining everything I've worked my butt of for!
She has now even said she wants to sue me for unfair dismissal ......I think she's thinking Ching Ching [emoji898] money money money!
I'm
I'm terrified, the posts are bullying and to make matters worse in her last email she said I have been bullying her!

I feel like I'm in EastEnders!

This girl I had working alongside me is self employed and at first seemed lovely!
She has now even said she wants to sue me for unfair dismissal ......I think she's thinking Ching Ching [emoji898] money money money!
I'm
I'm terrified, the posts are bullying and to make matters worse in her last email she said I have been bullying her!

Not sure how she can sue you for unfair dismissal if she was self employed lol.

Not sure how she can sue you for unfair dismissal if she was self employed lol.
Yep ....tell me about it!

Shes just nasty. They won't stop there I just know it!

Go and see a solicitor and pay them to write a letter to her threatening to sue her for defamation. It will be money well spent.

As hard as it is, you are best to ignore it. It is always hard to prove the loss the defamation has caused and sending letters will only rile the situation more up. If you ignore it and dont bite the bait they will get bored and give up so its best not to give them more ammunition x

I have had a similar experience.
It was very hurtful at the time, as I had trained this person from scratch....took her under my wing....
It seemed to come from no where........the worm turned :oops: and I was slandered and rubbished on social media.
Stay strong....
IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE.

I'm

You've no obligation to reply. She's in fairyland. Once she realises you need money to sue someone she will eventually give up. There's no need to worry about it unless you get served. It hasnt happened and you need to live las normal, like it's not going to because it's extremely unlikely it would.

I know it's really hard, really try not to have any contact, don't reread the messages or posts. Stay close to those you love and trust. Don't keep it to yourself. You will get through it.

Block and delete - move on create no drama and there is nothing for them to respond too. you know your worth and your truth. Be the bigger person and show them that you will continue and thrive. Best of luck.

This is happening to me now waiting on solicitor contacting me with an appointment regarding same issue continuously posting crap on my page and getting others to do so. Did ask for comment to be removed but I should have screenshot it and sent this too. Seeing solicitor hopefully ASAP to sort this mess out.

I’d probably act very matter of fact about it. Firstly, snapshot as much as you can (incase you ever need to prove anything).

Block all parties from your personal pages and business pages who are speaking out of term regarding your business.

Go to a Solicitor, show then the posts, tell them what’s happened and all you want from them is a single page letter explaining she will be taken to court for any loss in income and reputation as a result of her posts. Let the solicitor send it to her. She might feel very different once she gets something official like that.

Once you believe the letter has landed at her address, go in social media with a very short message (make sure all those people are banned from commenting or turn of all ability fir anyone to comment) and simply state that this is a notice to say that the person badmouthing the business (use better words than that)! is aware of the reasons as to why she was asked to leave and has been sent a solicitors letter advising her to withdraw all negative comments. Then just say you look forward to continuing to serve your customers as normal. (Something like that). So you are taking control by letting everyone know (before she does) that a letter has been sent. People aren’t interested in old news and that hopefully puts a lid on it.

I'm

You too. Although didn't get said about me bullying my self employed person but she left with notice or rent payment expected everything for nothing. Very uncouth and unprofessional to be honest x

Latest posts

Back