Facial And Full Body Massage Which 1 First??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazzybabe

Reaction score
Hi, i have a friend comin up later for a facial and a full body massage but have no idea which way to do them, i was gonna do the facial first then start on the massage, but then whilst doing the massage i also do the face should i not bother or do the facial half way threw the massage? hope this makes sense lol any help please? x:biggrin:

I dont include face massage in my full body massage, so its up to you-it wont matter in what order you do.
Its a friend, so ask which she would prefer.
Me personally, I would prefer the body massage first and then the facial.

thanks for replying.. ye i will ask her, maybe massage first as i start at the feet first, then as i get to the top have a facial to finish.
ok sorted:biggrin: thanks xx

It is personal preference so see what your client would like.

Where I work we offer facials with our full body massage and do it in this order:

Facial (basic, luxury, whatever)
facial massage
chest
arms
front of legs
Turn them over
back of legs
back & neck to finish...

BUT if I was doing this from home I would encourage the client to have their full body first (starting with back) and finish with facial, including their facial massage, so that they are all refreshed for when they leave. But that's just my preference :)

Hope this helps! x

I would do the body massage first then finish with the facial. Like Lolla says, they will be more awake then and plus they wont have any red marks from their face being in the face hole or from towels after they have their face - face down in them lol

Slightly different but I have a chap who comes in for body massage during his dinner hour and says that he prefers to finish laid on his back as it brings him round better and doesn't feel as tired afterwards. HTH's x

I was taught to do the body first, begining at the feet with the client on their stomach. Working your way up the body spending good amount on the back as that is where most people hold their stress. Roll them over, begin at the feet again. Move up and after doing the arms/shoulders/neck begin the facial, you can still incorporate more massage when the client is relaxing with the masque or just leave them to doze off. HTH

I start on the back, then back of legs, turn them over. Then front of legs and abdomen. Then the facial including facial/scalp massage, doing the arm massage whilst the mask on.

I'm with Martin on this. I always start on the back because a) a back massage is a good add-on to a facial, especially as part of an 'offer package' and b) if using aromatherapy-based oils it gives a large surface area for the oil to be absorbed, also less intimate for people not used to body contact and a great relaxer to start the treatment. Follow with legs and then flip the client over!(Not literally, unless pancake day...)

Thanks everyone, I was taught to do the front first, but it makes sense to start with the back If doing a facial last :) x

I start massage on feet face up, then finish on back, then turn them for the facial but my facials are an hour and a half and I don't want the client to get stiff.

I would do exactly as Martin does. xxx

I start on the back, then back of legs, turn them over. Then front of legs and abdomen. Then the facial including facial/scalp massage, doing the arm massage whilst the mask on.

I do exactly the same x

Latest posts

Back