Facial and massage unit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extensionista

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help.

I currently do hair extensions full time. I've always had a passion for skincare and take my own skincare very seriously. I've often got taking to my clients about skincare and some have said they'd definitely book in for facials if I offered them.

I've recently been looking into doing the facial and massage unit of the nvq level 2 and some insurers have said I'd then be covered to do facials. Ideally I'd do the full beauty therapy unit but I don't really have the time, money or interest in the rest.

Has anyone done just the parts of the nvq they are interested in? I just don't want to pay out for it then hit a barrier at some point in my career and have to then do all the other units. Can you work in a salon on a self employed basis doing facials with just that unit? Any help would be much appreciated.

X

If you can get insurance, then you should be fine, but you may hit a wall if you wanted to open your own salon in the future. Some areas request a minimum of nvq 2 to open a salon. If you were working self employed in a salon, I would imagine you'd be okay but who knows what the future holds!

Vic x

Being qualified in facials amd massage can get you employment in spas where that's all they mostly do and on skincare brand counters as well as self employed.

I started off with just the makeup unit but it inspired me to want to do the whole thing in the end but for level two it's not too difficult to find colleges or private schools where you can top up anyway. So yeah, starting with just facial and massage units should be fine :)

Thank you lovelies for your replies. Think I'm going to go for it, nothing ventured and all that..... Xxx

Latest posts

Back