Facial bowls?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbiedoo

Reaction score
Hi I'm currently training in level 2 beauty in college.We are doing facials at the moment and just trying to get my equipment for when I'm qualified.Ive got most things but am struggling to get bowls for rinsing sponges or mitts.At college they have larger ones and smaller ones.Does anyone know where sells them xx

Hi I'm currently training in level 2 beauty in college.We are doing facials at the moment and just trying to get my equipment for when I'm qualified.Ive got most things but am struggling to get bowls for rinsing sponges or mitts.At college they have larger ones and smaller ones.Does anyone know where sells them xx

Hav a look online at Ellisons. You can join as a student. They sell mitts, bowls and everything you need. For home use maybe not now but when your further into your training invest in a copper bowl. It will hold the temperature of the water keeping it hot, for your facial clients.

Nice looking glass mixing bowls work well, easy to clean and will go in dishwasher if needed.
Plastic bowls gradually discolour and get fine scratches over time.

Hav a look online at Ellisons. You can join as a student. They sell mitts, bowls and everything you need. For home use maybe not now but when your further into your training invest in a copper bowl. It will hold the temperature of the water keeping it hot, for your facial clients.
Thankyou I will have a look on there

Nice looking glass mixing bowls work well, easy to clean and will go in dishwasher if needed.
Plastic bowls gradually discolour and get fine scratches over time.
I did think about mixing bowls instead.Thankyou,I ll see what I can find

I use a small glass mixing bowl, looks nice, easy to clean & pretty lightweight.

I got a big green Halloween bowl years ago 😂 it has monsters and ghosts on it. My clients think it's funny but at the time it was the biggest bowl I could find.

Try a catering store. You can get a hygienic metal bowl for very little money. Ethnic cooking stores are an excellent source of large metal bowls. I have catering bowls made of copper which were very reasonably priced, and an aluminium facial and pedicure bowl which are smart, lightweight and easy to clean. In the past I’ve browsed TKMaxx and bought mixing bowls made of bamboo plastic which were lightweight, sustainable and held heat well...

Take measurements of the bowls in college: measure across the width with a tape measure and also measure the volume of the water they hold. This information will be invaluable if you are ordering online.

Look up Hive polythene solution bowls. The facial bowls are a good size.

I stopped using a steamer and switched to boiled water with 6-8 white flannels rolled up and by the time client is settled they are the perfect temp to hold towels next to face for a steam.

I have one for hot water, and one for used flannels. When the face mask is first put on I top up the hot water and use a sponge to remove.

I did used to use a Pyrex mixing bowl but I felt a bit like I was cooking and I have enough stuff to carry so a lighter weight was better for me.

Wilkinson has perfect metal bowls that I use. They have them in different sizes in cooking section.
I also use a heated tray to keep my facial water at the same perfect temperature. Type that used to be used for dinner parties Years ago.

Latest posts

Back