Facial course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynne Malcolm

Reaction score
Hi 😊
I’m fully qualified in eyelash extensions for 2 years. I also offer lash lifting , brow tinting and waxing and brow lamination. I wanted to offer facials as it’s so relaxing. Sometimes lashing can be a tad stressful. With people being impatient, coming in with less than they should for there infill etc and I’m always chasing the clock. I wanted to offer another treatment that’s completely relaxing so I can mix it up a bit but have no clue where I should start looking. I want to find a really good course that will cover everything and won’t mind going back and doing more advanced stuff once I’ve mastered to basics xxx

Is it just facials you would like to learn in or other relaxing treatments? You could do a module at your local college. Remember facials are off at the moment in Scotland as we cannot remove face coverings, not sure what the protocol is elsewhere. If your learning massage you will need anatomy too.

I was just thinking facials 😊😊 would you recommend just to do a basic one at a college and then do extra ones for different facial options? I’ve seen so many, led light therapy and million dollar. It’s all very interesting. Xxxx

A basic facial course will be a good way to start, then you may find that other options cross your path when you are a little more experienced. Don't forget you will need facial models and you should ask your existing clients if they would be interested. Do a bit of market research.

I have always found that my existing clients want to try something new that I introduce so they will be loving your new treatments.
Start with a basic facial course, learn about skin types and methods and you will find it very interesting.

The main issue with going straight to the expensive treatments is that although the idea is good, your underpinning knowledge and expertise of the basics could be neglected.

The stress will come from the financial outlay and not getting your money back.

A beauticians time is what clients pay for, and costly machines bring stresses all of their own and I don't think would be good for you just yet anyway.

Why dont you do and NVQ level 3 in swedish massage? That way you have less expenditure on products and just using oil and your skills to manipulate muscles. You can still offer relaxing treatmenrs and less money on capital to invest on facial treatments. Then progress onto something like Hot stone massage or full body scrubs

A basic facial course will be a good way to start, then you may find that other options cross your path when you are a little more experienced. Don't forget you will need facial models and you should ask your existing clients if they would be interested. Do a bit of market research.

I have always found that my existing clients want to try something new that I introduce so they will be loving your new treatments.
Start with a basic facial course, learn about skin types and methods and you will find it very interesting.

The main issue with going straight to the expensive treatments is that although the idea is good, your underpinning knowledge and expertise of the basics could be neglected.

The stress will come from the financial outlay and not getting your money back.

A beauticians time is what clients pay for, and costly machines bring stresses all of their own and I don't think would be good for you just yet anyway.

Aw thank you so much this is great advice 🥰🥰

Why dont you do and NVQ level 3 in swedish massage? That way you have less expenditure on products and just using oil and your skills to manipulate muscles. You can still offer relaxing treatmenrs and less money on capital to invest on facial treatments. Then progress onto something like Hot stone massage or full body scrubs
Wow that’s a great idea too. Thank you so much I’ll look into it. With the pandemic getting bad again I can see myself not getting as bust so I can use the time to study something else xxx

I’m doing level 2 facial course at the moment in a local beauty school. Just have a look around

There is a Level 3 Skin Care Professional Certificate available 100% Online through Nerve-centre.com Don't think for one minute though that you won't be required to do practicals. It's a highly practical course with online practical tutorials and assessments, exactly the same requirements as if you have attended face to face.

Hope this helps

Nicky x

Latest posts

Back